• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

June 08 Designer Challenge Featuring - Granny

This Months Challenge is being hosted by our very own Granny aka Ester Barry

take it away Granny

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Oh my word!!!!!!!

Hehheeehe... What an honor! Well, ok, I am going to do this... I think... I know. It just that, Ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh....

Ok, look, give me a minute to look through this mess, and I will get the stuffo together. I promise this will be a good challange, and you will get a nice reward at the end of the days.. Ops, the month!!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• EclecticDiva
      • Apr 2008

I'm ready

Okay Granny.. i'm ready for a good challenge. :-)
      [email protected]
      My buddies are: Pink Lollipop, twpclerk & grannywin

Comment

• juliehclark
        Challenge Host
        • Jun 2006

I'm hoping to jump in on this one!!!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Ok, my little chikadees!!!

My challenge sort of builds on Donna's and Fiona's challenges. It's all about working with seamless tiles to create seamless backgrounds, paper scraps, borders and shapes.

As you all know very well, one draw back of building many pages in a template is the humungus size of the file. Even with Max!'s wonderful compression, the final size of a project can be a nightmare. By using seamless tiles for backgrounds and paper scraps, you cut down on file size by hundreds of megabites. Not to mention that when you have a set of tiles that go together, you can have pages that blend with each other perfectly. Now, why I never manage to do that is a mystery even to me!!!

I have attached a pdf file with a simple tutorial on making backgrounds and borders with seamless tiles, and also attached a zip file with ten seamless tiles that coordinate with each other. You mission, should you choose to accept it, Jim, is to make a layout using these tiles for backgrounds, borders, lace, shapes, frames, etc. I'm sure Donna and Fiona won't mind if you use the shapes they supplied for the previous challenges. The tiles are well suited for a wedding theme, and let's face it, June is the wedding month. I will try to supply embies as you need them, and maybe you can share what you have too. It would be wonderful to have another mega kit at the end of the month, with a wedding theme.

Oh, oh, oh... I forgot to mention. There are millions of seamless tiles on the net, and you can create your own if you have an image editor.

Please, ask as many questions as you need, just don't ask who let me in this forum, please, the powers that be don't know I'm here. Let them continue in the darkness.

Read the tutorial first, then extract the tiles. If you need more tiles, (greedy muts), let me know. Please, let's try to keep it coordinated.

Thank you all for participating and have lot's of fun.

Attached Files
          Last edited by Granny; 06-01-2008, 05:05 PM.
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Ops! One of the tiles on the previous zip is not working, so please, download this zip instead!

Sorry! Thank you for your patience!

Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

• autisticwonder
              Scrap Guru
              • Nov 2006

GRANNY!!! LOVe this challenge immensely!! LOVE your tiles!! You were the SCRAPPER who introduced them to me long ago!! LOL..Been hooked ever since!!

I've got to go open my good box from you!! You are always welcome to use my shapes..and I know you know that!! LOL

HUGGIES!!
              donna

Comment

• angelwithin
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Nov 2006

i love this...i'm gonna go play in a sec and see what i can come up with

and by all means use any shapes i've given people...there are loads in the embellishment section if you look - i may even go make some more in a bit just for this challenge

fiona xx

, Check out my store
                Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Thank you girls! You're both so generous. I hope every one else will be happy about this. It really makes such a difference when we use tiles. But, if it turns out to be a bummer, I can change on mid-flight and come up with something more popular, honest!!

sigpic

Comment

• sacannon
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Aug 2006

This sounds like fun! Will work on it a little later!
                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• lily6570
                      • Jun 2006

This is gonna be fun Granny..... I get to learn more new stuff!
                      My friends are: Moonlightpearl, thecombsfive

Comment

• angelwithin
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Nov 2006

is it just those seemless tiles we can use or can i make some extras and use them too?

obviously any i make i'll add here ...cos i'm feeling nice today lol

, Check out my store
                        Here

Comment

• Carena
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jun 2007

Hi Granny - great challenge. This will be lots of fun for everyone - including me. LOL.

Credits: Granny Tile from challenge - thank you
                          Razzle Dazzle and Bre-alla kit by Carena's Designs

Used SBM software - at 200 dpi and saved for web. Came out blurry - any ideas anyone on what I did wrong. LOL sorry I don't usually use SBM and not up with all the ins and outs. When I have a program that cost me many hundreds of dollars I tend to use that one. LOL It was lots of fun though and a pleasure with the ease of use. Maybe because I saved for web instead of a higher setting is my problem.
                          Again - cool challenge Granny - I'm sure it will be very popular with everyone. Excellent

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Kind wishes from Carena
                          Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                          Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Granny
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Mar 2006

Beautiful layout, Carena. Thank you for the encouraging words.

I think that stuff for the web is usually 96ppi. Very low resolution. It's great for websites, but not for layouts. But, then, I'm no expert. We'll see what the gurus say.

Fiona... Absolutely, you can use other tiles, I just would like to sort of keep it in the same spectrum, you know. But, please, by all means. I'm sure that whaever you come up with will be a winner!!

sigpic

Comment

• omajo
                              Digi Sage
                              • Dec 2006

Woow, beautiful tiles Granny, thanks !
                              I 'll like to make some wedding Lo, using yours.

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

Working...
                              X