• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Karin - a continuance of a question

Karin - thought I would post over here and leave the NSBR to the others, haha....

I have a question related to the type of problem maggiemae was having, but slightly different:

The other day, I uploaded my first pet page (that would be the one named "Brandi" in the orangish color). Then realized later that the pet contest was going on. Okay, so I go to the pet contest page, and I actually did upload my page...well, that was an oops because then it was showing in my album area in two different spots. Well, I was able to delete the extra -- then went back and tried where it gave the option of uploading one of my albums. Tried that but it never showed up...tried again, nothing. Well, hmmm. So today, I finished a pet page on our other dog and just plain uploaded it into the pet contest...so it shows in the pet contest, but not in my "Pets" album, that's fine, no big deal to me. But I would like to enter the first pet page in the contest and can't seem to get it done, no matter what I try...and now we can't delete anything from our albums? Suggestions, thoughts? Thanks so much! Gosh, I hope I haven't confused you, LOL!
    Last edited by knzus; 01-21-2007, 06:21 PM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Sorry to hear about your problems Diane, I am sure she will answer you soon.

Karin,

I also have a question maybe you could answer. I see that you cannot delete any LO from gallery, will that feature ever be installed again? Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, if you can.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Hey there,

I'm not quite sure I follow but BELIEVE ME I know how confusing these things are to describe!!

Rather than moving things around, have you tried to upload your "Brandi" layout again (as though it was never in the gallery in the first place) to the contest page (click on the link below):

If you do that and it is successful, which it should be, then that Brandi layout will also appear in your My Photos in your member gallery. If you also want it to be in a particular album, you'll have to upload it again (otherwise, you'll be moving it out of the Pets contest and into your My Albums category - make sense?)

I just did an experiment with one of my layouts. When I moved it from My Photos in my Member Gallery to the contest, it showed up, but on page 1 of the contest (not the most recent). COuld that explain what happened to you?

Let me know - we'll work through this yet!!

Karin

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hi crops - I'm not sure about the delete function. I'm sure we can get you an answer tomorrow- being the weekend, not everyone's around.

And for knzus :

Think of the Gallery this way. There's a master category:

Member Gallery (what you see when you click on Member Gallery, then "k", then "knzus")

and then everything else is like a sub-category:

-Albums
        -January Contest (Pets)
        - Look At My Layout

etc. etc.

Whatever you put in any of the subcategories is always in your Member Gallery - in other words, when you click on "knzus", you'll see any image you uploaded anywhere - whether it's to the contest, an album, or Look At My Layout. BUT, if you want one layout to appear in several different subcategories at the same time (let's say in one of your albums and in the contest) you'll have to upload to those different categories separately - otherwise you are just moving a layout in and out of categories.

As I'm typing this, I'm not even sure if this is what you were asking - but I figured that explaining how the gallery system works might make sense out of things!

Hopefully I haven't added to the confusion!

Karin

Comment

• knzus
          Digi Sage
          • Jan 2007

Karin...Yippeeeeeeeeeee! I did exactly what you said and uploaded my Brandi page, which is now in my photos area and the pets contest...and of course she is also in my pets album since I had her in there first. I must have been confuzzled about what was what and where that doggie should go, haha! I kept singing "oh where oh where has my little dog gone"...LOL! Okay, so if I want my newest dog/pet page in my album BESIDES in the pet contest, I need to go upload him into my pet album and not worry about anything to do with the contest since he is already there...right?
          Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• crops2dawn
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

THANKS Karin!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Karin
              • Jan 2006

Hi knzus - yep, sounds right. My post above should answer your question too ( I was working on it while you replied to me - guess we're working in real time!) Glad you had some luck with the contest upload!

No problem, crops!

Karin

Comment

• knzus
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2007

LOL, yep Karin...but then, great minds work at the same speed, right? Thanks for your help and explanations -- MUCH appreciated! All of my uploads are correct and all doggies are now in their appropriate places!

And isn't it funny...you say your "posts above"...and I look down...all because of the way I have my preferences set. Hehe.
                Diana

Comment

• Karin
                  • Jan 2006

That is funny! I guess I'm having one of those days when I don't know "which way is up!" Haw haw haw (not really how I laugh, but you get the point! )

Glad things are working out with the uploads!

Karin

Comment

• knzus
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Karin View Post
                    Haw haw haw (not really how I laugh, but you get the point!
                    Hehe...but when you see me post *snicker*...or *snort*...I must admit, I DO laugh like that at times, LOL!
                    Diana

Comment

• Karin
                      • Jan 2006

haw haw haw snort snort guffaw

(seriously- has anyone anywhere ever throughout the history of the universe EVER spontaneously and actually made the sound "guffaw"?)

Comment

• knzus
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Karin View Post
                        haw haw haw snort snort guffaw (seriously- has anyone anywhere ever throughout the history of the universe EVER spontaneously and actually made the sound "guffaw"?)
                        *scratches head* Ya got me. Oh great...now I'm sitting here trying to make guffaw noises just to find out what it sounds like. LOL!
                        Diana

Comment

Working...
                        X