Resident Geek
    • Jan 2006

Ya, it's tough.

Desmond.
    |

Comment

• MrsH
      • Feb 2007

I sort of have a question pertaining, to some degree, to this thread. However, as I don't wish to hijack this thread, I posted here.
      Christine

wife of 17+ yrs to DH
      Mom to 4 rascally boys ages 15, 12, 5, and 4

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hi All!

Just wanted to join in the discussion on PhotoSpark and hopefully address some of the questions and comments already made.

First, I think that Steve and thedogfather (still love that moniker! ) have said it best - there are many people out there who take digital photos and love to play around on the computer but who are not drawn to scrapbooking per se. Now, we think that digital scrapbooking rocks (of course!), but we're also aware of a whole bunch of folks out there who would have fun with Scrapbook MAX!, but may be avoiding it simply because they don't want to "scrapbook".

Frankly, I think that it's safe to say that there are probably many men out there who would avoid using Scrapbook MAX! simply because "scrapbook" is in the title. (To be sure, our friends Steve, thedogfather, and several other gentlemen on these forums enjoy scrapping with Scrapbook MAX! and are welcome exceptions, but it doesn't take much investigating to see that the female factor far outnumbers our male membership!).

So the solution is PhotoSpark! We deliberately maintained the fun, ease of use, design space and tools that you find in Scrapbook MAX! because we know you all love it and we think it rocks and works really well. We then carefully incorporated content that we thought would have a wide appeal for both men and women - we focused less on creating "scrapbook-y" elements, and more on templates, clipart and patterns with themes, colors, lines, and textures that would appeal to everyone. In this way, we think we are widening the appeal of digital photo album/scrapbooking software to a whole new audience and letting everyone in on the fun. We think it will have appeal to non-scrapbookers (including a large male segment) who are digital photography enthusiasts. I personally think it will also appeal to teachers who want to use a digital design tool in their classrooms, homeschools, and much more.

As for the concern that our focus should be limited to making Scrapbook MAX! better, I'd like to assure everyone that expanding interest in all of our products is only good news for Scrapbook MAX!. If PhotoSpark grows as Scrapbook MAX! has (and continues to), it will allow us to dedicate even more time and resources to making all of our products better, including Scrapbook MAX! , - and making our programs rock even more is of course our number one goal!

So, I will conclude my long winded hurrah for PhotoSpark by encouraging you to check it out and to take advantage of the one-time 50% off offer for current SBM users. Maybe there is a digital photography enthusiast on your list who would love it as a gift, or, as has already been mentioned, maybe you want to get your paws on the cool PhotoSpark content (there's TONS) for use in Scrapbook MAX! - it's one super sweet steal ( I mean, "deal" ).

Have fun, and happy scrapping!

Karin

Comment

• MaggieMae
          Digi Sage
          • May 2006

I really hear what you're saying, Karin! I've tried often to get people interested in digital scrapbooking, but they say they aren't interested in scrapbooking they just want to play with their digital photos. Taking scrapbooking out of the name and focusing more on photo albums makes loads of sense for those digital picture takers!

I'm anxious to try it!
          Julie

Comment

• pkdoll
            Scrap Guru
            • Dec 2006

Well I have downloaded the trial and was playing a little bit. Basically it is identical to SBM. Sure you can purchase it at the 1/2 price sale and add more content to your SBM program-at the 1/2 price sale that would be a great deal!! But there would be no sense in having it as a program, because we already have the program. Basically you are just calling it something different, but it does the same. I can understand why you call it something different to market a different group of people~but I would think that you could have marketed SBM differently to reach those people. A lot of companies can market the same product in different ways to reach different groups. I would consider purchasing it if you were able to use it as a decent slideshow program with animated clipart, and being able to pan in and out and do the things a good slideshow program does; but that is not what you made it for, so I don't think that I will purchase it; or if I do it will be just for the content not to use as a program. Sorry but that is just my opinion-and others may think differently. I suggest that you all at least try it-who knows you might like it.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• workingjo3
              Mad Scrapper
              • Sep 2006

I purchased PhotoSpark becuase I love the templates. Plus it works just like Scrapbook max. I love it when things are easy to use. I am sure there are those who purchased both the standard Scrapbook max and the Weding Edition too.
              Jo

Comment

• srussell
                Digi Sage
                • Feb 2006

Yeah, are we having fun yet? Did you see all the stuff on the CD?
                Check this page out (use the little next buttons and the categories at the top)... I knew I was busy that month... Yikes!

274 template pages
                286 Backgrounds
                3399 pieces of clipart
                995 patterns
                397 shapes

I'm beat.. got to go to bed!
                Last edited by srussell; 06-19-2007, 10:18 PM.
                sigpic
                Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• workingjo3
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Sep 2006

Yep, I went, I saw, I got it.
                  You were busy and I love it!
                  Jo

Comment

• juliehclark
                    Challenge Host
                    • Jun 2006

I'm so confused.

How is this diifferent from SBM?

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• workingjo3
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Sep 2006

It is just like SMB. Mainly the content is different. Like the difference between the orginal SMB and the wedding SMB edition. Plus they call embellishments, clip art. I liked the content, so I got it at a bargin price. Plus there is a converter program you can download (free) to change the photospark templates in to SMB templates.
                      Jo

Comment

• eye
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Jul 2006

They look the same to me.I am confused so I think I will stay put where i am. Is it the same company making this?If so why did they not just say we have changed the name and improved it? I am confused. So my feet tell me to stay firm in one spot.
                        sigpic
                        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• pkdoll
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by eye View Post
                          They look the same to me.I am confused so I think I will stay put where i am. Is it the same company making this?If so why did they not just say we have changed the name and improved it? I am confused. So my feet tell me to stay firm in one spot.
                          Basically-the program is exactly the same. But for the bargain price of 1/2 off-you get a lot of content for your money. Also you can convert all the content to go into your SBM program. So if you look at it as just purchasing more content for your current SBM program it's worth the money.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Karin View Post
                            Hi All!

First, I think that Steve and thedogfather (still love that moniker! ) have said it best - there are many people out there who take digital photos and love to play around on the computer but who are not drawn to scrapbooking per se. Now, we think that digital scrapbooking rocks (of course!), but we're also aware of a whole bunch of folks out there who would have fun with Scrapbook MAX!, but may be avoiding it simply because they don't want to "scrapbook".

Frankly, I think that it's safe to say that there are probably many men out there who would avoid using Scrapbook MAX! simply because "scrapbook" is in the title. (To be sure, our friends Steve, thedogfather, and several other gentlemen on these forums enjoy scrapping with Scrapbook MAX! and are welcome exceptions, but it doesn't take much investigating to see that the female factor far outnumbers our male membership!).

So the solution is PhotoSpark! We deliberately maintained the fun, ease of use, design space and tools that you find in Scrapbook MAX! because we know you all love it and we think it rocks and works really well.
                            Karin
                            Well done on the marketing .... I totally agree that a program with the word photo in the title will appeal to those who usually do a 180 degree spin and walk off when they see the words scrap booking. Its human nature to associate words with certain people. So if you want to expand your customer base ... expand your title, look and aim it at the people you want to attract.

I really hope that it works and you sell more copies. Good job peeps.

The only reason I would buy photospark is to get the extra content. I'd then convert everything so I am able to use it in SBM.

Oh and yes Eng, its made by the same company but the template files have a different file extention so they need to be converted so they can be used in SBM.
                            Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• *eng*
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2006

Emmmmm.....yes, if I bought it it would be purely for the extra content. I know this has been answered before but what do you do to change the file extension?

Do you think it is worth buying Photospark for the content?
                              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• srussell
                                Digi Sage
                                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                                Emmmmm.....yes, if I bought it it would be purely for the extra content. I know this has been answered before but what do you do to change the file extension?

Do you think it is worth buying Photospark for the content?
                                Photospark has a converter you can download right away, very easy to use.

Eng, If you like to scrap in other sizes like 8.5"x 11", then you'll like all this content. It's like buying 30 different templates in two different and the related booster packs from my SBM store.
                                Last edited by srussell; 06-20-2007, 11:40 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                                My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Working...
                                X