• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • O2BNGdHope
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2007

Clustering?

I've been trying to work on my clustering since Carena did that challenge on clusters. Maybe this has too much? What do you think? (Yes, honestly!)

This is my friends' daughter, Audrey. (I can't help it...every time I hear or say this, I burst into that song from the REAL old cartoon Little Audrey. LOL!) Audrey is just 3 months old. Adorable isn't she?

Used 2 kits by Jofia Devoe for this. "In My Mommy's Dreams" and "Sweet Song" (or Sweet Melody. It's listed both ways.)

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Melanie - too much - nope - I love it.

This is awesome layout - 2 fabulous kits you've used. Good shadow used. Awesome photo. Colours blend nicely.

Gets my seal of approval - Excellent. For what it's worth. LOL
    Only one little improvement - a nice quote in word art at the bottom would have been good.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
      Digi Sage
      • Nov 2007

Thanks, Carena! Your opinion is highly desired! And the quote in the bottom right was something I thought about but didn't quite like it after I tried it.

I had picked the orangish color for the text but it didn't show as well over all the colors behind it. The real light and the real dark was hard to cover. The background has the dark border already and then I added some of the white and orange splatters. I could have taken the splatters out but then the back ground was much lighter against the much darker. So I just gave it the old "pbllllttttt" and left the journaling off. LOL!

Hmmmmmm........maybe the pinkish color? Hmmmm.........that might work! Will have to try it tonight!
      Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 02-12-2009, 07:10 AM.
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• ValerieElaine
        Digi Sage
        • Aug 2008

I love the layout .

My friends are Smile, Kimmyann ,Marshalynn, wolvsie35 and Nicole

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

I love it. I do agree with Carena about the journaling. I was playing a little and maybe you could try the pinkish color or lavender color, Add a bevel then stroke it with black so it is outlined and will stand out better. I attached what I did.
          Attached Files
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
            Digi Sage
            • Nov 2007

Thanks, Sue! That does stand out better! Ok. Let me think what wordart I've got of Jazz's that I can use.
            Melanie

Comment

• sacannon
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Aug 2006

Here is the word art if anyone wants it.
              Attached Files
              [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Carena
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2007

Here is what I was thinking or something similar - just plain black. This quote wordart by choukette.
                I'm terrably lazy when it comes to word art and usually use a freebie I've downloaded. LOL
                Thanks to all those who offer word art freebies - Big hugs to you all - you make my life easy.
                Attached Files
                Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• crops2dawn
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

Beautiful layout Mel!!! and Carena is right too... Sue, I love your word art...and I am stealing it....THANKS!, but I think its tooo bright for the layout...you don't want the wordart to grab your attention right away....KWIM... But it will be perfect on a brighter layout!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• sacannon
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Aug 2006

No problem Croppy! I was thinking plain black too, but Melanie was thinking maybe using pink so I was trying to get the pink to show up more. I do like the black word art.
                    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                      Digi Sage
                      • Nov 2007

Well, of course! I was trying to tuck it down into the corner away from the rest but I like it up close like that! And I WAS thinking of trying to use a contrasting color to the background but the black up in the lighter area is perfect! Thanks everyone!!!

P.S. I'm snatching the wordart, too! Thanks, Sue! LOL!
                      Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 02-12-2009, 06:13 PM.
                      Melanie

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

Glad I could help - even if it is just a little bit. The layout is awesome.
                        Yes I agree the pink word art is also fabulous but put onto a brighter layout it would be perfection. Hugs
                        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

Working...
                        X