January '08 Challenging: Featuring Carena!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

January '08 Challenging: Featuring Carena!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I know you're all eager to start a new challenge! (Along with all those New Year's Resolutions, you know! )

This month, please welcome the lovely and talented Carena!!!!

Take it away!

Please visit my SBM store!
  • mh51
    Scrap Guru
    • Jul 2006

Yooooooouuuu Hoooooouuuuuuuuuuu Carena... where are you???

Comment

• Carena
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2007

Wow - what a wake up call this was - Sorry guys I didn't know about this - what a curved ball.

Give me a couple hours and I will have something for you. I promise - it will be good and worth the wait.

Now let me think
      Kind wishes from Carena
      Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
      Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Carena
        Digi Sage
        • Jun 2007

Hi Everyone

Now that I've recovered from the shock that I'm hosting this challenge - we can get started. Please accept my apology for starting late but as I've mentioned, I didn't know about this. LOL Anyway better late than never.

Well I have a love for heritage layouts and colours so for this month I've decided this will be our theme.

Requirements;
        * As many layouts as you like - no limit - I want to see lots. LOL
        * Heritage style layouts whether family or heritage objects
        * Not necessary to be old - can be new but in heritage colours or style
        * Use whatever kits and colours you like so long as it has a heritage feel to it. (remember to state who's kits and the name in details - always appreciated)

I have posted some layouts for ideas in my gallery using my latest kit Cherish which happens to be brand new to store today and in heritage colours.
        Link for kit at store:

Link to layouts in my gallery as examples:

As you can see - heritage layouts but with modern photos. They don't have to be old if you don't have any.

To get you started here are some freebies in the same colours as my kit Cherish. I hope you enjoy these - layouts don't have to include these - only if you wish.

Anyone with question - don't be afraid to ask I'm very happy to help when I can.

PRIZE FOR JOINING IN - Mini kit from me. I will post a preview here in this thread as soon as I make it. Another thing to add to my to do list.

Oh- I'm excited about this challenge and hope to have heaps of people joining in the fun and we get lots, and lots of layouts. More freebies to come as soon as I get the chance. LOL ENJOY
        Hugs from
        Carena

Freebies - 2 flowers, bow, 2 papers (zipped file)
        Attached Files
        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• OnieRN
          Scrap Guru
          • May 2006

A suggestion

What if we give away the templates for this challenge? I'm collecting ideas for a Geneology Book and any templates or freebies would be apprecated too! (((Hint Hint Hint)))
          sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
          !

nie

Comment

• Carena
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2007

Hi Onie

A template or two would be much appreciated by our members I'm sure. Like I've said this has been thrown on me unexpected and I wasn't prepared at all.
            Keep an eye out everyone - I'll probably have more for you as time goes by. I just need to catch my breathe. LOL
            Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

Woohoo I am number 1 to post!
              Here is my layout and template. I just used the background papers and a mask. I hope you like!
              Attached Files

Comment

• pkdoll
                Scrap Guru
                • Dec 2006

WOW! Marion you are so fast!! What a beautiful picture! Love your LO.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

Wow Marion - Fantastic

I just love that photo - absolutely awesome and yes you are fast. Whaaaooooo - now wheres page 2. LOL I don't want much do I. he he he.

Serious - an excellent page. Thanks for joining in the fun. Hope you get lots of use out of the freebies.
                  Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                    Digi Sage
                    • Nov 2007

Cabinet Cards

Here's one of my pages for the challenge. Cabinet cards were actually pictures on a very thick card stock that were typically displayed in, what else, a cabinet. They all had that extra 1/2 inch to display the name of the photographer or studio. Introduced in the 1860's, they were out of fashion by the 1920's. I am very lucky as I have several of these of my ancestors.

I got all of these freebies from CreativeVictorian.blogspot.com. They were from Netta's Autumn Visions kit with the exception of the brooch which is in her Regal Masque kit. I can't put the template here as the embellishments are hers and not mine. Sorry. Hope you like.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by O2BNGdHope; 01-03-2008, 11:20 PM.
                    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• Carena
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jun 2007

Melanie - an exceptional page. Excellent and fabulous heritage photos. Thanks for joining the challenge and sharing this page with us. Love it.
                      Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Carena
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2007

Here is a layout I've just finished. LOL 12.30am so I'm off to bed real soon.

I used the 2 papers, 1 flower & 1 bow from the freebies for the challenge. The rest has come from my Cherish Kit.
                        Photo - my aunty wedding picture.
                        Attached Files
                        Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• sacannon
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Aug 2006

Marion and Melanie, Great pages! and so quick. I will get around to this sooner or later. Have to run my mom around to doctor appointments today, and playing cards this evening so maybe later. Thanks for the great freebies Carena!
                          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• wolvsie35
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Apr 2007

These are all so great...Love them, and I will have one here soon...Great challenge Cerena...
                            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• OnieRN
                              Scrap Guru
                              • May 2006

Here's My Entry. Credits are posted in the Gallery

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                              !

nie

Comment

Working...
                              X