X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrsH
    • Feb 2007

Hello from a newbie

A complete and utterly naive newbie I should say!

I have done absolutely no scrapbooking ever! Not once. I had friends that would get together to scrapbook once a week in Germany (we're military) and they graciously allowed me to come too and cross stitch . So, I've seen it done. Does that count?

I homeschool 4 boys, and I'm really looking at this for it's notebooking aspects. (Although I do confess I see great fun in store for me, to share pictures with friends and family.) The fact that this is a digital program is absolutely superb for me.

But, as I'm clueless, I fear I have no idea where to start how to get going etc. Yet, I'm excited to learn something new, so, I'm sure I will be learning by leaps and bounds throughout.

Christine
    Christine

wife of 17+ yrs to DH
    Mom to 4 rascally boys ages 15, 12, 5, and 4
  • rosana brito
    Digi Sage
    • Jul 2006

Welcomeeeeee!!!!!

OHH!! now s'inquiète!! of beginning their ideas, and soon IS that easy and amusing, the people of the this extremely pleasant community so, prestative, is bienvenue.ok

kisses

Comment

• kimbob
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2007

HI Christine, Don't panic.. hahahaha, this programme is really easy to learn and the forums here HELP so much.. just ask or browse around.. I have had so much fun doing digital ( learning with each page).. SBM is adictive though... a forewarning...haha,
      I'm from South Africa and welcome to this community.
      Love
      Kim

Forever in my heart - Jazzy

Comment

• crops2dawn
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Welcome Aboard MrsH!!! Take a deep breath.... inhale....exhale...inhale....exhale... Now doesnt that feel better, it may be overwhelming at first, but believe me it is sooo easy! You will catch on fast! There are plenty of people in here who are always willing to help ya out if ya get stuck! So just enjoy yourself and relax, This is way easier than homeschooling!!!! Cant wait to see some of your work!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Sandy
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jan 2006

Hi MrsH,

There is a really helpful tutorial to get you started here:

Enjoy!

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
            Layout Whiz
            • Dec 2006

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome ....... to the mad .... ~cough~ FUN house.

Soon your printer with be chucking pages out by the dozen. You will have loads of fun too. If you get stuck just slap a question in to the forum and one of us should know enough to help

You're gonna love it
            Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• *eng*
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2006

This programme is so adaptable you can do almost anything. Welcome you'll have lots of fun,
              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• MrsH
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by crops2dawn
                Welcome Aboard MrsH!!! Take a deep breath.... inhale....exhale...inhale....exhale... Now doesnt that feel better, it may be overwhelming at first, but believe me it is sooo easy! You will catch on fast! There are plenty of people in here who are always willing to help ya out if ya get stuck! So just enjoy yourself and relax,
                er, don't believe you've seen panicked. . . yet

This is way easier than homeschooling!!!!
                speaking from experience?

Cant wait to see some of your work!
                hopefully, you will see very little of mine; but oodles from the kids.

Originally posted by Sandy
                There is a really helpful tutorial to get you started here:
                Did that all ready, thanks.

Originally posted by *eng*
                This programme is so adaptable you can do almost anything. Welcome you'll have lots of fun
                That's the hope.

Originally posted by AmeliasMuma
                Soon your printer with be chucking pages out by the dozen.
                Currently my printer is doing just that; with the user guide! Some things I just can't "read" on a monitor, if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by kimbob
                this programme is really easy to learn and the forums here HELP so much.. just ask or browse around..
                Thanks, I think I will be doing just that once I get the full program installed.

Originally posted by rosana brito
                OHH!! now s'inquiète!!
                Thanks all for the welcome. As I said, my printer is going to town right now. I have sick kiddos so this is the perfect opportunity for me to do some reading / exploring.
                Christine

wife of 17+ yrs to DH
                Mom to 4 rascally boys ages 15, 12, 5, and 4

Comment

• jazzieal
                  Digi Sage
                  • Sep 2006

Hello MrsH and welcome to SBM..Im sure you are going to love everything about SBM the program is great and easy to use...the forums are very helpful and full of wonderful peole who are friends you havent met yet...glad to have you with us..Im from Alabama and mother to 2 grown daughters and 4 GS 19,17,15,and 6..You will see all of them if you browse the gallery..again Welcome..
                  My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X