X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bee
    • May 2006

journaling in a shape

Can You do journaling in a shape using Scrapbook Max, the same as you can using word art in a word document? If not can anyone tell me how it could be imported into it? Thank You
    Love Bee
    XXX
  • OnieRN
    Scrap Guru
    • May 2006

Great question Bee

I think it would be cool to Journal in side the shapes and give a shape to the words.

nie
    sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Comment

• Lee
      • Jun 2006

If you have Photoshop Elements

you can use the instructions in this tutorial. If you have PaintShop Pro, PhotoImpact or any of the MS imaging programs, you can adapt these instructions for use with those programs.

Essentially, you create your text using MS WordArt, save it as an image (jpg, png, etc) and turn it into a transparent png with the editing program.

Another very useful tool is SnagIt which allows you to capture any image or text from the screen.
      Lee Otsubo
      The Digital Photo Guy

30,000+ Satisfied Students since 2001

Comment

• Bee
        • May 2006

Thanx for that, will have a good read of it later.
        Love Bee
        XXX

Comment

• OnieRN
          Scrap Guru
          • May 2006

Counts Me Out

I do not have any of the photo publishers. I've checked into them and even used tutorials. I have no clue which one to buy, they all seem complicated.

nie
          sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
          !

nie

Comment

• Lee
            • Jun 2006

If it were easy, it wouldn't be any fun...

If the RN in your sig stands for Registered Nurse, you've learned much more complex things than a photo editing program. And, if you do your job wrong, people might die whereas if you mess up with a photo, no big deal.

The only way to learn anything is by diving in and learning. There are many excellent courses and tutorials on the Web for Photoshop Elements (PSE). You can buy PSE at Costco for about $70. The primary focus of scrapbooking is photos. No matter how pretty your LO might be, if you have terrible photos, your SB looks bad. (End of sermon!)
            Lee Otsubo
            The Digital Photo Guy

Comment

• Bee
              • May 2006

Hi Lee, can you tell me if PSE is a good enough programme though, as quite often when I have seen instructions for imaging etc they say can't be done with PSE.

If not what is the best one to buy. Thank You!!!!
              Love Bee
              XXX

Comment

• Lee
                • Jun 2006

PSE is a photo editing programme

(Notice my proper usage of the English "programme" instead of the American "program")

If you are editing/manipulating/enhancing/restoring photographic images, there is no better program for average consumers than PSE. I'm a professional photographer and I use PSE regularly.

If you are a graphics/web designer who uses photographs as part of your designs, you will need other programs to complete the task. In your case, you use SBM to do the design and layout. Professional designers, of course, use much more sophisticated programs such as Photoshop (US$650).

I hope that answers your questions. If I don't post an answer here, feel free to contact me through my web site.
                Lee Otsubo
                The Digital Photo Guy

Comment

• poppabob
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Lee
                  If you are editing/manipulating/enhancing/restoring photographic images, there is no better program for average consumers than PSE. I'm a professional photographer and I use PSE regularly.
                  I would like to echo what Lee said here. PSE4 is a great program for the consumer. There is an absolute wealth of information and free stuff available for it on the web.

It has a great organizer too. I have thousands of photos on my computer and with PSE4 I can find exactly what I'm looking for inside of a couple clicks of the mouse. I also use it to organize all the kits that I've downloaded/purchased over the last few weeks.

Scrapbook MAX! is a great program. PSE4 is a great program.

I find them both indispensable.
                  -=poppabob=-
                  If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

Working...
                  X