• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

July Challenge!

Hi All!

Myself and 14 other designers have been working hard for weeks on a charity kit that is going to be released this week.

I'd like to challenge you all to go visit the website, read Rosie's story, and then if you buy the kit or part of it, post your layouts to this thread!

To learn more about the kit please visit:

Everyone who buys the kit and posts a layout using it, will recieve a freebie mini-kit from me at the end of the month!!!

I hope to see tons of great layouts with the SpeakngOfRosie MEGAKIT!
    Last edited by juliehclark; 07-01-2007, 05:13 PM.

Please visit my SBM store!
  • AmeliasMuma
    Layout Whiz
    • Dec 2006

Wow .... I'm totally lost for words. Having been to the site and read up about the beautiful Rosie [boy is she cute or is she cute?] I am sitting here so proud of you all. This a wonderful thing you guys n girls have done and as soon as I can I'll be buying some if not all of the kit.

Rosie is special with a mind that is special. You peeps are fantastic. Well done.
    Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
      Layout Whiz
      • Dec 2006

Just making sure and looking for confirmation on this.
      The challenge is to post Layouts only. No templates or enbies like the other challenges. As this kit is bought we cant go around giving our stuff away in this one. Its basically like the Groove contest.
      Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• march
        • Jun 2007

Re July Challenges

Wow, I can't believe how a bunch of people can come together for someone they don't really know and do such a great thing. I myself am a mother of a 6 year boy that has ADHA. To see this is wonderful. If only everybody out there was as thoughtful as you guys. I will be buying the kit for sure, can't wait.
        Great Job
        Nicole

Comment

• autisticwonder
          Scrap Guru
          • Nov 2006

NO TEMPLATE freebies..PICTURES of LAYOUTS

Originally posted by AmeliasMuma View Post
          Just making sure and looking for confirmation on this.
          The challenge is to post Layouts only. No templates or enbies like the other challenges. As this kit is bought we cant go around giving our stuff away in this one. Its basically like the Groove contest.
          EXCELLENT POINT you brought out Muma!! Granny would be on us for putting templates out from Rosie's kit..but pictures and postings and links to Gallery for your FANTASTIC layouts is not a problem!!

Hey..Julie..you might want to consider all the extra's leftover that didn't go in the kit..could be used as some sort of promotional challenge here perhaps!! I don't know..But just a thought!!

I'm EXCITED!! GREAT idea!!

Comment

• juliehclark
            Challenge Host
            • Jun 2006

Yes - Please post your LAYOUTS to this thread and in the gallery - NOt templates

I will be giving away a freebie mini-kit to all who participate.

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• knzus
              Digi Sage
              • Jan 2007

Here is an example using just a few of some of the items in the kit. Made as a 4x6 card. Maybe I'll even print this one out and use photos of myself to give to hubby...hide it in his lunch pail before he goes to work, hehe.

Butterfly shape is from set of photo-shapers originally received from Linda W.

Note - this is NOT a template...simply an example layout.
              Attached Files
              Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• pkdoll
                Scrap Guru
                • Dec 2006

How sweet is this. I am looking forward to the release of the mega pac. This is such a special tribute and a lot of caring.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• mswizard
                  Digi Sage
                  • Mar 2007

I am buying it (the Kit) AND making a donation to Rosie because I am finding out exactly what her family is going through with all the therapy and it warms my heart seeing what a little help can do for a child with disabilities! You 'guys' are the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure to 'meet'. A more caring, giving, bunch of people you won't find anywhere but here! I love you all and I'm not even Rosies Mom!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                  Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

What a precious little girl Rosie is. I will definitely be buying the kit and thereby making a donation to Rosie's continued ongoing care. Thanks to all you wonderful designers who put your heart and soul into this.

Comment

• spanielmom
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Nov 2006

Is this kit available yet? I keep checking, but I'm not seeing a link to purchase yet.

Comment

• mswizard
                        Digi Sage
                        • Mar 2007

as wondering the same thing myself. I know you can get it in jpg/png in Steve's store but when is it gonna be in SBM's store? The kit is awesome btw!

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
                        Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• jazzieal
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2006

As a CT member I was asked to contribute to this kit..I feel very honored to have been asked and to have a small part in helping this little girl..the first time I saw the pictures of her..my heart melted and I cant get her off my mind..I can't wait to see the entire kit myself..each one of us has only seen what we made..and whats on the pages in the gallery..I can't wait to buy it and am hoping it will be in the stores soon...when it is..if you post at other sites, ask someone in charge if you can post the link that tells Rosies story and the link where the kit can be purchased...we need to spread the word.. the more people that know about it the more kits we will sell...just be sure you ask first..
                          I just wanted to say a big thank you for your interest and to say that yes..the designers started the ball rolling making the kit.. but you all will be the ones helping Rosie the most by buying it...its just another showing of all the love and caring of the people in the community..
                          My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

What is the difference in .smt, .smb and .jpg, .png formats? I clicked on the iiRe site link where you can purchase the kit in .jpg & .png formats and it is available for purchase for $13.50 for the complete kit. I cannot believe it is that cheap. I surely expected a bigger price tag considering all it has. I'm new to all this and don't know which format I should download it in.

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Cal....

The images in the smb files are either pngs or jpgs. The only difference is that they have been put on a file form that when you double click it, it install the images automatically to the right folders in your SBM program. In SBM, you can use images from many programs, in many formats like pngs, jpgs, bmps, tifs, and others. You just have to bring them into the program manually.

Smts are the template format that SBM uses. Again, when you double click the file, it automatically gets installed in the template folder.

You can buy the kit from Steve, and use it in Max.

Clear as mud, I know! So it's my brain.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
                              X