• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rochelle
    • Aug 2006

Adding & Removing Pages from Templates

Hello.

I am desgining some templates in Scrapbook Max and was wondering how I can add a 2nd page to the same file?

I have noticed in the downloaded templates that come with the program, you can have about 5 or 6 pages in the one document.

Also, If I used an exisiting template that has 2 pages in it, but I only wanted the first page, is there a way I can remove the 2nd page so that I can publish just the 1st page to PDF?

I hope that makes sense!

Thank you

Rochelle
  • Rikki61
    • Sep 2006

Rochelle

Hi Rochelle,

The way to add a page to your "album" is to go to the top right and click on the green plus sign. This will give you the option to either add a blank page or any of the ones you have in your library.

To delete a page click on the tab of the page you wish to delete, click on the red cross found right next to the Add a page that I mentioned above.

Good luck, Let me know if I can help you further

Cheers Rikki61

Comment

• Rochelle
      • Aug 2006

Thank you so much Rikki. Thats a great help.

You know, I did a search with about 4 different combinations of keywords before I created this thread but couldnt find anything. I've just noticed at the bottom of my thread is a list of similar threads and the answer is in there!

I'm so sorry for doubling up.

I'm in Australia too Rikki - over in WA.

Comment

• DGehman
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Rochelle View Post
        Hello.

[1.] I am desgining some templates in Scrapbook Max and was wondering how I can add a 2nd page to the same file?....

[2.] Also, If I used an exisiting template that has 2 pages in it, but I only wanted the first page, is there a way I can remove the 2nd page so that I can publish just the 1st page to PDF?
        Take this with a grain of salt, as I'm new to the program. For [1.], it looks as though you would add a page or pages using the Page menu (Page > Add). When the layout is to your liking, you'd then create a new template (File > Export Template). SBM has a very clear help page that you can see if you click the Help button on the Export Template dialog.

For [2.], you can do this with POTENTIALLY permanent editing of a scrapbook based on your template, and using SBM's PDF output...

...OR you can install a PDF generating program, create a PDF with just the pages you want, and keep your scrapbook intact. One such generator is the free PDF995. It is installed as a printer, and you "print" the PDF.

Note that you are not making a PDF of the template. You are making a PDF of one scrapbook that uses the template. The template itself remains untouched.

To go the SBM route:
        1. Save your scrapbook. Then ensures that your scrapbook incorporates any changes you might have just made, changes you want to keep.

2. Remove the pages you do not want in your PDF output (for each page you don't want, you go to Page > Remove)

3. Go to File > Publish to > PDF.

HOWEVER, if you change a scrapbook by removing pages AND you say YES when exiting SBM and the pop-up asks "Save changes to [name of your scrapbook]" you will permanently lose that page.

TO ENSURE YOUR ORIGINAL FILE STAYS THE SAME, click NO.

To go the PDF generator route with PDF995:
        1. Go to File > Print and select "PDF995" as your printer. It won't actually print the scrapbook - or more accurately, it prints the scrapbook to a PDF file.

2. Select the pages you want in the PDF, just as with any other Windows printer.

The up side is that your SBM file is untouched & unchanged.

The down side is that you have to select options with the second route.

If you are going to go the second route, read the following... otherwise, skip it.

Dave

The following:

SBM makes it easy to select what size to make images and photos in the PDF. However, in PDF995 and most other PDF generators, you have to:
        (1) Click on a "Properties" or "Preferences" or "Advanced" button and deal with somewhat confusing options. The options in couched in terminology familiar to Postscript computer programmers (and to professional printers).

In PDF995, you click on Properties, then on the Properties dialog you click on Advanced.

(2) In PDF995, you have to select a "Postscript custom page size" (Postscript is the computer language that PDF uses to create its files) and specify 12 x 12 or 8 x 8... or any size you want.

(3) Then you have to select graphic DPI (dots per inch) - 72 DPI for a scrapbook that will be viewed on the screen and 144 or 300 for one that will be printed -- 300 is preferable for excellent clarity. (If you're sending your scrapbook to the world's best printer to be made into a billboard, you can select up to 4000 DPI in PDF995, but that's overkill).

(4) In "TrueType Font," select "Download as Soft Font." This makes it possible for all your viewerd to see your layout in the font you chose, even if they do not have the font on their computer.

(5) There are other options around color management (how the printer translates screen colors into color on paper), scaling, and Postscript language options. A Google search will reveal a world of PDF options you may never have wanted to know about....

Comment

• Rochelle
          • Aug 2006

Thank you so much Dave. I really appreciate it.

I am just about to finish work (how bad I'm am doing Scrapbook stuff at work), but I will have a better read through your reply tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
            Layout Whiz
            • Dec 2006

Dang Dave you are good LOL
            Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• DGehman
              • Jul 2007

Thanks, AmeliasMuma, but in an overall perspective of life and handling things and other considerations that really count, I'm nowhere near your level, not after your last few days.

Comment

Working...
              X