X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mom2lilboys
    • Feb 2008

Help bringing in backgrounds

I am new to SM. I downloaded some freebie kits and now am trying to put it in SM. They are jpg files. I saved the kit, unzipped it then tried to drag onto SM but didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Would like to start scrappin! Please help. Thanks.
  • O2BNGdHope
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2007

Sorry we are slow to answer you. Someone more important than I am will be here shortly I'm sure but in the mean time......Are you dragging the whole file or just one paper from the unzipped file? If you can't get the drag part down, go to Page>settings>image>change background. Then in the bottom left corner there is a browse button. Search for the unzipped file and find the paper you want as the background.

You don't have to add the unzipped file to SBM, you can keep it under My Documents.
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• mh51
      Scrap Guru
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
      Sorry we are slow to answer you. Someone more important than I am will be here shortly I'm sure but in the mean time......Are you dragging the whole file or just one paper from the unzipped file? If you can't get the drag part down, go to Page>settings>image>change background. Then in the bottom left corner there is a browse button. Search for the unzipped file and find the paper you want as the background.

You don't have to add the unzipped file to SBM, you can keep it under My Documents.
      VERY WELL EXPLAINED O2BNGdHope

Comment

• grannywin
        Layout Whiz
        • Sep 2006

I like to use Windows Explorer to transfer my files but I am sure others will give you more suggestions. Right click on START and left click on Explorer.

Find the location of your background that you want to transfer by clicking on the left side of the window. I presume it went into C:>My Documents>My Downloads or My Picture. The background file should appear in the right window.

Just drag-and-drop in into the paper scrap files in SBM or where you store your paper. If you didn't change anything, the paper is stored in c:>program files>scrapbook Max>Gallery>Images>Paperscraps. If you click on the + signs and not on the file name, the folders will open up without jumping to a new location.

Sounds teckie but is very easy to learn.

Comment

• mom2lilboys
          • Feb 2008

Keep Zip files?

I think I figured it out. Do you need to keep the zipped files once you unzip?

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

I keep cds with all zip files I unload. It's like cleaning house. The minute you throw something away, you need it. You're computer could crash, or you get a second computer, or any number of things.

Just a thought... Welcome to the forum!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• OnieRN
              Scrap Guru
              • May 2006

Great idea Granny! I have been deleting my unzipped files after I unzipped them! Never thought of putting them all into a file to be saved to CD's
              sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
              !

nie

Comment

• jamiept
                Mad Scrapper
                • Nov 2007

Huh, me either. So many things to learn and tips to pick up!

My buddies are OnieRN, Winnie49, Granny

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Glad to help... The bill is in the mail!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• jamiept
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Nov 2007

so is the check, hee,hee!

My buddies are OnieRN, Winnie49, Granny

Comment

• Granny
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Mar 2006

Very funny!!! Keep it up, and I'll send you to the dungeon!!!

sigpic

Comment

• makeyesup
                        Digi Sage
                        • Jun 2006

I'm with Granny. I have tons of CDs with all my zip files. Guess that maybe I'm a little fearful of a computer crash and would not like to lose everything.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

Working...
                        X