• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

I need help

I just realized I really miss something from SBM V. 1 - the bounding box around objects used to have a center point so you could use it to center objects on the page. Is there a way that anyone knows to display it again?

Also, I'm having trouble grouping objects - I've always used shift plus the objects you want to group and now it's not working like that.

I'd appreciate any help you can give!!
    Julie
  • MrsPeel
    • Feb 2009

Hi... I m not sure if this will be of any use, because I have up till yesterday used the program in Mac (the system is different to PCs) but to group objects, I just *draw* a line that drags around all the objects and then move them in the page....
    I'm not even sure if that is the kind of grouping you were asking...
    But if it is to group them and move them, that way worked also in another program I was using(which is also Windows based), so maybe it works for you in the PC too?

Hope you sort it soon
    I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

Thanks so much - I'll give it a try. It sounds too easy!! LOL
      Julie

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

I tried drawing a line but that just seemed to mess everything up, so I guess I still need help!! Also, I wish the bounding box still had a center designation - maybe someone knows how to display it! I hope!!!
        Julie

Comment

• mh51
          Scrap Guru
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by MrsPeel View Post
          Hi... I m not sure if this will be of any use, because I have up till yesterday used the program in Mac (the system is different to PCs) but to group objects, I just *draw* a line that drags around all the objects and then move them in the page....
          I'm not even sure if that is the kind of grouping you were asking...
          But if it is to group them and move them, that way worked also in another program I was using(which is also Windows based), so maybe it works for you in the PC too?

Hope you sort it soon
          I find this method only works if ALL other objects on the page are LOCKED.

Comment

• Lorne
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2006

To select additional objects, hold the Ctrl key instead of the Shift key.

You were able to use either Ctrl or Shift before version 2.0.1.0, but in 2.0.1.0 we made the Shift key toggle the special shifted resize mode instead.

To center an object on the page, use the align tools. First use:

Align > To Page

...to turn on "align to page" mode. (Note that choosing that menu item again turns it off.) Then use either:

Align > Center Horizontal

...or:

Align > Center Vertical

Tip: You might find it easier to use the align toolbar for this sort of thing. To show the align toolbar, choose View > Toolbars > Align.
            Lorne ( )
            Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• MaggieMae
              Digi Sage
              • May 2006

Thank you - I've used SBM so long I keep trying to do everything the V.1 way!!
              Julie

Comment

• Marion
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Feb 2006

I too miss the extra point in the middle. But everything else is great!

Comment

• MaggieMae
                  Digi Sage
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                  I too miss the extra point in the middle. But everything else is great!
                  I'm glad I'm not the only one!! But it does work to use the page thingy!
                  Julie

Comment

• Gotart
                    Mad Scrapper
                    • Nov 2006

Me too

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
                    I'm glad I'm not the only one!! But it does work to use the page thingy!
                    Me too. I noted it a couple days ago in the forum under suggestions. I find it really frustrating not to have the 8 points only the 4 corners. I didn't realize how much I used it. The alignment section or the ruler just doesn't work for the balance of some elements or the journeling..

sigpic

Comment

• MaggieMae
                      Digi Sage
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by Gotart View Post
                      Me too. I noted it a couple days ago in the forum under suggestions. I find it really frustrating not to have the 8 points only the 4 corners. I didn't realize how much I used it. The alignment section or the ruler just doesn't work for the balance of some elements or the journeling..
                      I am sooo glad I'm not the only one - it used to be so easy to just use the points - I do miss them!
                      Julie

Comment

Working...
                      X