• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Tornadoes in Kansas -- prayers please

Hi guys -- No, I'm not asleep. Have been watching TV, pretty much stunned...it's been an awful, awful night for some of my fellow Kansans. A long-track tornado went through our state, beginning early Friday evening (a few other storms in the state, too, but not like this one). One storm containing one tornado, massive at times. Warnings did not end until almost 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Greensburg was hit the hardest, some other towns with damage, too. But Greensburg has hundreds of folks who were hurt or displaced. So much destruction. So many folks hurt. A terrible, terrible mess and many who are surely needing some prayers and comfort. Please pray for my fellow Kansans going through this time, and as they continue through the next several weeks and months. One thing about it, though...there are many, many people, both emergency personnel and otherwise, who are responding to the calls for help...many surrounding counties, even from Oklahoma. Just keep all these folks in your prayers...especially once the sun comes up and we find out really how bad it was.
    Last edited by knzus; 05-05-2007, 02:25 AM.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • jazzieal
    Digi Sage
    • Sep 2006

How terrible..I saw some of this on tv..they will be in my thoughts and prayers..hope you made it thru with no damage..
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

Will have you all in my thoughts knzus. What a terrifying time. Take care.
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• nanwu
        Digi Sage
        • Apr 2007

I will pray for them I know what it's like to lose everything in a storm (especially loved ones)

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• knzus
          Digi Sage
          • Jan 2007

The latest....

Latest: Total destruction in Greensburg (100%)...much damage in several other towns. Tornado was on the ground for over 5 hours, a near 100 mile path, more than a mile wide at times. The storm began south of there near Protection (almost to OK/KS border). Yes, Greensburg had warning, the sirens went off, but as massive and destructive as the tornado was, well........ I know this town well from people I knew through my ex's family...lovely, friendly people, beautiful little town. The TV channels here are doing continuous coverage ( www.kwch.com - we watch this one, www.ksn.com, www.kake.com ).

A good portion of the state is under the gun again today. You can practically cut the air with a knife right now, it's so muggy. Even our town is eerily quiet right now...everyone is glued to their TVs...reminds me of the complete and total quiet the morning of 9/11.

Yes, I'm staying safe...been in enough tornadoes myself to know what to do - or not do. Have actually been in a couple...freaky, scary things. And to think I used to be a storm spotter.

Dear Lord, please be with my fellow Kansans across the state, especially those hit hardest and those helping.
          Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

I was watching it just now on CNN.Holy Cow what a shame.All those people have lost so much including the lives.My prayers are with all .They say that someday since our weather is changing so fast that we to may have Tornadoes.Also someday Nova Scotia may some day be submerged under water and a thing of the past.So much destruction to come.So sad.These poor people.
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

Wow Knzus, haven't had tv on yet today. My prayers are with you all! Wisconsin gets it's share of tornadoes too, Luckily so far I have not had to meet one yet.

Comment

• ma2joshua
                • Jan 2007

This is absolutely horrible. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with these people and their families. There just seems to be more and more disasters lately.
                sigpicCherie

Comment

• Manatee25
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Mar 2007

I think the country is all praying for Kansas this morning. So sorry to hear about those who have lost so much. Glad to hear that you are safe and praying for those who are not.
                  Don't procrastinate being happy!
                  And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
                  Orange Blossom- new release
                  sigpic
                  My SBM store

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

So sorry about the storms, Knzus! Just now heard about this. On my way to watch the news. Will definetely keep them all in my prayers.

Please take care!
                    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• knzus
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jan 2007

Continuous live streaming video on this site -- http://kwch.com/Global/story.asp?S=6473329 (click on live streaming video link right there). We watch that channel on TV and on my computer. More tornadoes going on now...eerily like last night. So far so good where we are...forecast in our area (we're in Newton) is for some of this stuff later on tonight and through tomorrow.
                      Diana

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

Saw the news tonight, Horrible. Will continue prayers for you and yours. Stay safe!

Comment

• rosana brito
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jul 2006

Hi, Knzus

Hi, Knzus, these events leave me extremely annoying, God to only fortify these people, are praying for all ok, my sympathies to all the peoples of the Greensburg.

Kisses you all

Y love yours
                          Last edited by rosana brito; 05-05-2007, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• sacannon
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Aug 2006

Have see the news on the tornado. Glad to know that you are ok.
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• crops2dawn
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Jul 2006

Oh Kansas! I am sooo happy you are safe!!! I heard early this weekend about the tornados and you have been on my mind ALL weekend!!! We dont have TVs camping, so The first thing I did when I got home was look to make sure it wasnt you! Thank God!!! *sighing with relief!!!!* I cant believe my eyes seeing so much distruction! My prayers are with all in that terrible ordeal! and again I am soooo thankful you and your family are ok!!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Working...
                              X