X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulab1210
    • Nov 2007

8x11 or 12x12 ?????

Ummm... I was in the Booster Pack section and wanting to buy some new stuff when I noticed some of them say 8x11 and some say 12x12... I don't recall making this distinction in the Scrapbook Max program so how do I know what size my pages are so far?
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

I think the default is 8x8, but you can check when you are in SBM in the settings... (at the top)

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• paulab1210
      • Nov 2007

Okay 8x8 (not 8x11 lol) thanks for the help!....

So what do you all prefer as far as the size of your books?

Comment

• crops2dawn
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

LOL I mean they default at 8x8.. but you can change it to any size you want, you just got to decide which one you want, there are many possibiliyes. I do mine in 8x8, cheaper on ink that way..and I dont have a 12x12 printer...(but you can get them done here) or alot of places do them.... but you could always do them 8 1/2x 11, 6x6...etc

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• paulab1210
          • Nov 2007

Okay... I was thinking I would just have them printed through the website...
          So I can just change the size once I decide what size I want my books to be? Sorry for all the questions, still learning everything lol.
          Thanks for all the help crops2dawn!

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

Sometimes you can also rearrange pages to fit your desired size as well..another thing to think about!! FUN..oh..the resolution will default to 200 dpi as well as to the 8x8 size..But if you change those settings...Max program will automatically keep those changes for your added pages to THAT album you are working on!! Love that!!

About the only time you need to worry about resolution is when working on small pieces to your page..for example..the keychain template with 10 mini pages on one 8,5 x11 would definately look loads better with increase to 300 resolution..

HAVE FUN investigating all these fun features!!

Comment

• OnieRN
              Scrap Guru
              • May 2006

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
              Max program will automatically keep those changes for your added pages to THAT album you are working on!! Love that!!

About the only time you need to worry about resolution is when working on small pieces to your page..for example..the keychain template with 10 mini pages on one 8,5 x11 would definately look loads better with increase to 300 resolution..

HAVE FUN investigating all these fun features!!

Hey Fiona, I never do 8x8 but I have to remember to change my page size with every page added to the album. It never stays the size throughout the album unless I change them.

I am exploring this situation with printing pages too because there are times that I want the hard copy. I've been surprized how the market has changed in the past few months, regarding the size of the albums. It is diffently something to keep in mind when doing an album.
              sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
              !

nie

Comment

• LSignal
                • Jul 2007

dpi

I have found that the program runs much faster when your dpi is lower. So, I don't change the dpi, until I'm ready to export the page.
                Linda
                My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl

Comment

• crops2dawn
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by paulab1210 View Post
                  Okay... I was thinking I would just have them printed through the website...
                  So I can just change the size once I decide what size I want my books to be? Sorry for all the questions, still learning everything lol.
                  Thanks for all the help crops2dawn!
                  No Problem Paulab!! And dont be sorry, we all had to learn this stuff, so ask away!!!
                  Yes, you can change the size, but if you do it say 8x8 and decide you want to do a 8 1/2 by 11.. you will have to move all your stuff to fit then, now if you do 8x8 and want a 12x12 all you have to do it stretch it to fit..gosh I hope that is making sense...lol

As for the dpi, be careful that you do not exceed the limits for the gallery, it will not post and then you have to call Desmond to get your layouts out of your queue... I know, that has happened to me 2 times already...

Comment

• paulab1210
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
                    No Problem Paulab!! And dont be sorry, we all had to learn this stuff, so ask away!!!
                    Yes, you can change the size, but if you do it say 8x8 and decide you want to do a 8 1/2 by 11.. you will have to move all your stuff to fit then, now if you do 8x8 and want a 12x12 all you have to do it stretch it to fit..gosh I hope that is making sense...lol

As for the dpi, be careful that you do not exceed the limits for the gallery, it will not post and then you have to call Desmond to get your layouts out of your queue... I know, that has happened to me 2 times already...
                    Haha now I'm REALLY confused! lol If I do my pages 8x8 will they be big enough to see the pictures?
                    And the whole dpi thing ... How would I know if I had something stuck in queue?

Comment

• angelwithin
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Nov 2006

i do all my pages 8x8 and the photos size is great and clear

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                      , Check out my store
                      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

I have stepped over to 8x8 also, because it is much cheaper and also I am getting to many albums and the 12x12 are very big and heavy. So it was either cutting down on layouts (no way!) or make them smaller and more manageable
                        The quality is just great, but I am only putting 1 or 2 pictures on a page to make them still large enough to be visible to my old eyes!

Comment

• crops2dawn
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Jul 2006

LOL SORRY to confuse to you!!! I didnt mean too, I do mine in 8x8 and everything comes out looking good.

as for the queue... you will not be able to load any layouts in the gallery if you go over the limit... I am think, and dont quote me, its like 2300kbs, not sure of the correct size, but it does say it somewhere when you are uploading, if it goes over that size, and having a high dpi...can cause you to go over they will get stuck in your queue... I keep the resolution low to put in the gallery, but since I print them out at home, I set the resolution to 300dpi, gives it a better looking layout...
                          did that help at all????

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Dec 2006

I do mine in 8x8 as well .... getting an album ready to ship to my mum in the UK and it is much cheaper in many ways. I just bought a new printer as my canon got a fault with its mother board and the new HP photosmart printer is amazing. The 8x8s look fab. I print at 300dpi but the pages I upload are created as suggested in the guide lines here - high quality and medium
                            Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• paulab1210
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
                              LOL SORRY to confuse to you!!! I didnt mean too, I do mine in 8x8 and everything comes out looking good.

as for the queue... you will not be able to load any layouts in the gallery if you go over the limit... I am think, and dont quote me, its like 2300kbs, not sure of the correct size, but it does say it somewhere when you are uploading, if it goes over that size, and having a high dpi...can cause you to go over they will get stuck in your queue... I keep the resolution low to put in the gallery, but since I print them out at home, I set the resolution to 300dpi, gives it a better looking layout...
                              did that help at all????
                              Yes that helped a ton!

Okay, I printed a page in 8x8 to see what it would look like and I like it! They turn out a really cute size....

So now my question is what type of paper are you printing on? Photo paper or just acid free or something else? Also, how are you protecting the pages? Do they make those protective sheets like they do for standard size pages in an 8x8 size? AND (lol) is it really cheaper to print at home rather than have them printed somewhere else?

Comment

Working...
                              X