X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crafty Granny
    • Mar 2006

HELP !! WITH PUBLISHING TO VideoCD

Last week I put together a Birthday scrapbook with the Ideal to publish it to a cd so I could give it to a friend for her birthday.

I did that and selected Publish to option"VideoCD". It burnded it to a cd-r.

It played perfectly on my computer then I put in my dvd player and it played perfect. But since then she has tried to play it on her dvd player and it will not play.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong and what can I do about this as I am playing to do more of these.

Thank you

Crafty Granny
    Last edited by Crafty Granny; 04-18-2006, 06:43 PM.
  • Scrapbook MAX!
    Your Host, Gracie!
    • Jan 2006

Some older DVD players are not compatible with the VCD (Video CD) format. You can check the manual of the DVD player to see what formats it supports, but even that won't always be the final word - many DVD players will play back VCD discs but not mention it in their manuals. The best check is to try it. If you know the disc is working fine on your DVD player, but does not work on another one, you know that it's their player that is a problem.
    Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• Lorne
      Super Moderator
      • Jan 2006

Another thing to check is that you burned it to a CD-R and not a CD-RW (rewritable) disc. Some DVD players don't like CD-RW discs.

In an odd twist, the opposite is also sometimes true...so if you burned it to a CD-R and your burner also supports CD-RW discs, you could try burning onto a CD-RW and see if that works.
      Lorne ( )
      Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• Crafty Granny
        • Mar 2006

Thanks

Actually mine is an older DVD player. and it works on it. I have no way to check it out on her player and do not know what kind it is. But I will remember this information in the future, As I am making one of my grandson's first year to give to him and his family for Christmas and they I know have a new DVD play as a matter of fact several different ones.

Comment

• Adam
          • Jan 2006

You could also try publishing to a Photo CD, these will play in many DVD players.

Adam Kapilik

Comment

Working...
          X