X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

Groove Challenge by Saviscrap and Moonbeam - Recolour and Save as PNG

Challenge by Moonbeam (Deanne) and Saviscrap (Kaye)
    As found in The Groove - Special Edition - June 25, 2014

This month we have a special challenge for you! To participate, visit our challenge thread here.

This challenge was inspired by one of our community challenge participants, Fonzzy! She created a challenge that required people to make their own embellishments from items in their home. Someone asked how to save them as PNG files.

So for this challenge what we want you to do is to grab from 3 separate kits in your own collection:

2 flowers
    1 heart
    1 star

…Then to recolour them to match another kit you use for your LO. You can save them as PNG files and add them to your kit.

So to save as a PNG file you recolour the way you like it, make sure the image is clicked onto and right click and then save as PNG. Save it into the kit you used, but rename it something like Kaye’s recoloured flower, just so you know it is something you have added in and not part of the original kit.

Feel free to use any other elements you like with the main kit that you use, but you must use the 3 items I mentioned at least twice each. You can also recolour them as many times as you want.

A COUPON FOR PARTICIPANTS!

If you take part in the challenge described above, Deanne and Kaye will send you a special coupon code at the end of the challenge allowing you to save 20% off on purchases of $10 or more in the Scrapbook MAX! Digital Scrapbooking Store.

Please note that to receive this coupon you must participate in this challenge, that is, post a layout that follows the above instructions in this challenge thread. (Participants may submit multiple layouts to this challenge thread however only one coupon code per participant will be sent.) The challenge closes on July 5, 2014.
    Last edited by The Groove; 06-25-2014, 09:30 AM.
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • tin tin
    Digi Sage
    • Oct 2010

by own collection, you mean from the kits we have purchased or won, or do you mean kits we have made?
    Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Moonbeam
      • Mar 2006

Any kit Tin Tin, it doesnt really matter because the challenge is to tweak / relcolour them and save them to another kit ... have fun

Comment

• Saviscrap
        • Nov 2011

As Deanne said Tina, use any kit you like, the object is to show how easy it is to save things into a PNG image to use over and over. Sometimes we don't have the right embie for the job and to recolour one and use it can be a real help!

Welcome any new challengees too and don't forget the great savings you can get with 20% off for any one who participates in the challenge!

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Ok, this is what I came up with. I used different pieces from different kits. Hope I understood the instructions. Recolored hearts, flowers and stars.

Comment

• Moonbeam
            • Mar 2006

pretty marion.
            and as Kaye said welcome and please join - welocme to the new challengees.. I like that word LOL and to the vertically challenged, the horizontally challenged, the financially challenged, the scrapbook Challenged, the time challenged the whatever challenged you are hop right in and play and get your 20%off voucher.... please join so that we are not Challenge challenged LOL

Comment

• Saviscrap
              • Nov 2011

You did a great job marion

I decided to participate in my own challenge :-)

I recoloured 2 flowers

made the heart green, the original colour was Pink

and recoloured the stars which were originally white.

Comment

• Moonbeam
                • Mar 2006

Very good Sav - I tell you what!! For that I will give you 20% off one of my kits OK? or off one of your own?

Comment

• Saviscrap
                  • Nov 2011

lol....I miss making LO's I needed to make one

LO withdrawals

Comment

• fonzzy
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Feb 2011

Comment

• Saviscrap
                      • Nov 2011

Good job fonzzy! I recognize that kit lol

Comment

• tin tin
                        Digi Sage
                        • Oct 2010

Here is my entry, and I hope I do not get sent to the back of the line with this one, as I did recolor, save as png's, but really took stuff from all over the place to make a whole new kit together! lol.
                        Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Liwayway
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Nov 2006

I hope I am not too late to post this here's mine. I tried to make it a mini kit of my own lol

Comment

• Moonbeam
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by tin tin View Post
                            Here is my entry, and I hope I do not get sent to the back of the line with this one, ......
                            Back of the line? ... Nup... how about Siberia!!
                            LOL... I'll restrain Kaye from freaking out 'cause you bent the rules !... it looks great... and congrats on creating a whole new KIT LOL

Comment

• Saviscrap
                              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tin tin View Post
                              Here is my entry, and I hope I do not get sent to the back of the line with this one, as I did recolor, save as png's, but really took stuff from all over the place to make a whole new kit together! lol.
                              Actually i confess Tina I dod the same with my page I have made a page with kits from all over too lol....so it shall be allowed!!

Comment

Working...
                              X