• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KapiScrap
    Scrap Guru
    • Jun 2010

KapiScrap questions about the kits...

Hello!

I have some questions for you and of course, your answers would be really helpful. TYSM!

1. Are there some specific themed kits you'd like to see in the store?

2. What do you think of that?
    Take an example:
    A. I have a kit priced at USD 3.99 which includes 8 papers and 22 embies...
    B. I have another kit priced at USD 10.99 which includes 200 embies...
    Do you think B is too expensive? even if it's a best value than A?
    Is there a mental cut of at $5?

3. Do you prefer my kits or my sets of templates?

4. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you prefer.

Thank you so much.

Sandrine
    KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store
  • Saviscrap
    • Nov 2011

I would like to ask you a question Sandrine.

Do you sell more very themed kits, or sell more unthemed? Like for instance Cocoa and coffee has awesome embies but very themed to that subject. Whereas Forever adorable is totally unthemed (going by memory here) and more versatile to be used for many photos.

They were just 2 examples i thought of and I am not saying either is wrong or right, but I wonder if that might tell you what sells better, themed or unthemed.

Just my thought :-)

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

Thank you Kaye!

To be honnest, my BEST SELLER is a themed-kit: it's Baking Memories.

Forever Adorable works well also.

But that's a way I'm going to explore... unthemed kits... perhaps a mix of themed kits and unthemed kits :-)

- Sandrine

Comment

• Kimmyann
        Scrap Guru
        • Mar 2009

I usually buy the More Embellie Kits..... I like more for the Buck ........ but I look at the kits .... I buy for colors, type of elements I like different things - (I ask myself if I have that in another kit already type questions) - I have even bought kits for the papers.

Yep... Kimmyann didn't help

I really don't do Theme kits (I have a few - but the elements is why I bought it), I like to be able to use them for everything.
        Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
          Digi Sage
          • Sep 2010

I buy themed kits, but a majority are generic based on color, paper, and embies included. I prefer to use kits for a variety of layouts not just based on one theme. I do love your templates Sandrine. I hope you continue to create them. The templates do not need to be based off of a kit. I prefer to use templates like shapes in Scrapbook Max to complete my layouts. The $5 range for kits seems to be the most popular among sites, but it really depends how many items are in those kits. Designers should be charging more if they put a lot of time in those kits and have included many items.
          Last edited by SBM Diane; 04-07-2013, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• KapiScrap
            Scrap Guru
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Kimmyann View Post
            I usually buy the More Embellie Kits..... I like more for the Buck ........ but I look at the kits .... I buy for colors, type of elements I like different things - (I ask myself if I have that in another kit already type questions) - I have even bought kits for the papers.

Yep... Kimmyann didn't help

I really don't do Theme kits (I have a few - but the elements is why I bought it), I like to be able to use them for everything.
            Thank you Kimmyann. That helps!

- Sandrine
            Last edited by KapiScrap; 04-08-2013, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• KapiScrap
              Scrap Guru
              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by SBM Diane View Post
              I do love your templates Sandrine. I hope you continue to create them. The templates do not need to be based off of a kit.
              TYSM Diane! I greatly appreciate. Yes, I'm going to continue to create them... but that's true that I have less time to create them.

Originally posted by SBM Diane View Post
              The $5 range for kits seems to be the most popular among sites, but it really depends how many items are in those kits. Designers should be charging more if they put a lot of time in those kits and have included many items.
              You're right. And very often when I charge more... and if you calculate you'll see that it's a best value :-) But I'll try to offer more kits at the $5 range. The truth? It's very hard for me to do "small" kits :-) I can't stop adding new stuff :-) The other IMPORTANT thing is that OUR kits only include UNIQUE items. WE (I and my husband) design everything; we don't use what we call "CUs". So as a result some embies require a lot of time to be designed.

I'll be happy to design a kit that the majority would love. Please feel free to suggest a palette... and an idea :-)

TYSM!

Sandrine
              Last edited by KapiScrap; 04-08-2013, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• KapiScrap
                Scrap Guru
                • Jun 2010

Hello everyone!

I was hoping for more feedbacks.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X