• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzieal
    Digi Sage
    • Sep 2006

Anyone Having Problems in Gallery

Has anyone been having problems in the gallery...comments disappearing for one thing..I can post comments and the next day or some even a few hours later and they are gone..and does it seem to you since the new facelift..that the pages are going thru way to fast..some never ever make it to the gallery page when they are 1st posted..
    My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

..and does it seem to you since the new facelift..that the pages are going thru way to fast..some never ever make it to the gallery page when they are 1st posted..
    I think I know what you mean (that images don't remain very long on the gallery page that you see initially when you first open it.) But rest assured that all images posted in the gallery "make it" there! We are simply seeing a lot more images being posted (which is great, I think!) which means that there is a longer "line-up" of images to look at- you might need to use the gallery history tabs a bit more now to view the recent posts since they will be "archived" more quickly. But don't worry, when you post in the gallery, your image is indeed in the gallery. (I've attached an image of these tabs below)

As for the other issues with the gallery, thanks for the alert. I think the tech folks have been working with a new version of the forum software, so there may be some wrinkles to iron out...

Karin
    Attached Files

Comment

• jazzieal
      Digi Sage
      • Sep 2006

thanks for the speedy reply Karin..I tried the history tab and lo and behold there are 3 or more postings of the same page on several of the pages..seems as if they are coming up at different times random in the gallery..thats why the post have not been there.. I looked at all 3 of one page and found my original post..that I thought disappeared..am I making sense here..LOL
      My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hmmmm...I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that the same layout is showing up several times in the gallery, even though you only posted once?

Also, I should have mentioned before that in addition to the "history" tabs, there are page tabs within the history (For instance, lets say a few dozen people post in a day. that means that there may be a few pages for that day that you will have to scroll through.)

Just in case you didn't know (or for other who might not) I've posted the image of those page tabs below as well (they are right in the center above the layouts displayed in the gallery).
        Attached Files

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Karin View Post
          Hmmmm...I'm not sure I follow. Do you mean that the same layout is showing up several times in the gallery, even though you only posted once?

Also, I should have mentioned before that in addition to the "history" tabs, there are page tabs within the history (For instance, lets say a few dozen people post in a day. that means that there may be a few pages for that day that you will have to scroll through.)

Just in case you didn't know (or for other who might not) I've posted the image of those page tabs below as well (they are right in the center above the layouts displayed in the gallery).
          Every layout I posted is showing up twice!

Comment

• Karin
            • Jan 2006

Okay - I've seen the "double vision" phenomenon. I can't explain it at the moment - but we'll try to get to the bottom of it. Thanks for the heads up!

Karin

Comment

• knzus
              Digi Sage
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Marion View Post
              Every layout I posted is showing up twice!
              Oh great...the Doc needs a Doc!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
              Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• stangergirls
                • Sep 2006

One of my layouts is missing. It was there for several days and now is gone.

Comment

• crops2dawn
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

Originally posted by stangergirls View Post
                  One of my layouts is missing. It was there for several days and now is gone.

I bet the monkies have something to do with this!!!!!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• MaggieMae
                    Digi Sage
                    • May 2006

I just read this and learned quite a bit! I didn't even notice a history tab! I have one layout that says no thumbnail in my album and it won't go away!! I'm not sure why it's even there! Learning all the time. I'm going to go look for the history tab!!
                    Julie

Comment

• MaggieMae
                      Digi Sage
                      • May 2006

Yikes - I just went to the 7 days and there were my layouts posted twice! Is it because I copied them to the Booster Pack gallery?
                      Julie

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

Mine did the same thing. Don't know why either.

Comment

• Karin
                          • Jan 2006

Trouble shooting question

A question for anyone who has been experiencing the problem of their posts showing up twice in the gallery:

By any chance, were you posting or trying to post these layouts in multiple galleries (i.e., in an album, and in the Contest category or Look At My Layout category, for example? ) At least one of you indicated this. They still shouldn't show up twice in the same category, but we're trying to figure out where/why the glitch is occuring. Please let me know (either here, or in a PM).

As for this issue (MaggieMae):

I have one layout that says no thumbnail in my album and it won't go away!!
                          I've noticed that this sometimes happens when you post a layout, and then go back to edit something with "Edit Photo" (like the text or keywords, or you choose "Edit Photo" and then copy your post to another gallery). Is it possible that you did that? It's happened to me before, and I've just gone in, deleted it, and then posted again. Ideally, the "no thumbnail" message shouldn't be appearing, but this seems to be the pattern behind such incidences.

Let me know if you uncover any further "clues" or notice any patterns. And please be patient with the gallery in the meantime - we are apparently going to be doing some upgrading next week which will hopefully take care of the problem. If you don't see any changes right away, please be aware that we have the problem noted *very* near the top of our list of tasks.

thanks,
                          Karin

Comment

• Marion
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Feb 2006

Hi Karin, yes this last time I posted them in the gallery and also in the booster pack section of the gallery.
                            Hope this helps.

Comment

• *eng*
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2006

Hmmmm...those monkeys and gremlins are up to their old tricks
                              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
                              X