• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ksd_24_f
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2009

Crappy news! :( for KSD

I lost my job last week. They called us in for a general meeting. All 50+ employees at 9:00a.m. in the morning - conference room - totally out of the blue and told us we were all losing our jobs, they are moving their operations to Mississauga, Ontario...
    Complete shock to the system.. really sucks. I haven't done my CV in ages...
    On a bright note, I'll have more time to scrap book!! LOL
    Gotta keep a positive attitude or we'll go completely insane. It really sucks! It was a total blind side for every employee including the Country office/controller of Canada.
    I was the Credit manager for all of Canada, and I didn't see it coming from a mile away...
    It still seems sureal...
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

Kelly I am so so sorry...I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Maybe you can take a little break and then go out and try to find another job...I know that isn't easy in the way the economy is...But miracles happen...<wink>
    My Uncle was told this about 2 weeks ago too...He worked at this job for over 30 years....Same job lol...He is kind of set in his old ways...Anywho, they were replacing the 40+ workers with machines/robots and the rest of the company was going to work out of China....He is lost and has no clue what to do...he never did a 401k....and is 59 and could neverretire yet because he needs insurance....So he will be living on unemployment for awhile and will have to look for something...It happens to the best of us, and it happens for a reason...Keep the faith hun....Love ya!
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

This is so hard, Kelly. I will certainly be sending energy out into the universe for you and your highest purpose. This is happening everywhere, but that doesn't really help, does it? Three of our sons have lost their jobs in the last year. My eldest and next eldest step-sons, in Singapore and Australia, first. Recently our youngest son and his wife both lost their jobs, as the company they both worked for went under. They have both found temporary employment with their previous employer which will hopefully lead to permanent work. I know there is something around the corner Kelly, something perhaps new and surprising, so don't lose heart. Have faith in yourself and whatever spirit guides you and know that we are all thinking of you.

Many blessings - FS xx
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
      I walk on a trail of song
      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• eye
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

oh there is nothing anyworse then sudden news like this.But everything has a purpose and I bet you will find work and be very happy.Just keep positive.If I had not taken early retirement in nursing they would have let me go and I worked at nursing 38 years.Surgery left me with many strange problems like words numbers and picrures change on me.I could not pour meds due to saftey.I soon learned that they do not care.If you cannot complete your job out the door you go.
        So I just know in my heart you are going to pull through this mess.
        sigpic
        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Daydreamer
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2010

I'm sorry for this terrible shock you just got!! But keep heart Kelly, sometimes it's God's way to make space in our lives for something better . . . May that be true for you and your family!!! My thoughts & prayers are with you!

Comment

• ksd_24_f
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2009

Gosh, I think I had one too many wine glasses that night and forgot that I posted this! ha ha, but thank you guys all soo much!! it really means a lot!!
            I actually had a job interview on Monday, so even if I don't get the job offer, it was a bit of a boost to the ego that there still is work out there and someone was interested in my resume!

Thanks again guys
            Kel

Comment

• lindaathome
              Digi Sage
              • Jan 2010

Sorry Kelly, I'm just now seeing this. I am so sorry to hear the news. I know words can't fill the void in your life created by losing your job and your income, and all that comes with it, but I'm certain that something will be just around the corner for you. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. I'm like Michelle's Uncle. I've been with the same Company for my entire adult life and at my age, 60 next month, would find it very difficult to have to start over, especially with companies reducing wages. I thank the Lord every day for the Blessings he has poured on me in my life. It will all work out sweetie. Sending love and prayers for blessings your way. xxoo
              I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• makeyesup
                Digi Sage
                • Jun 2006

Prayers are with you that you are able to find something soon. As hard as it is right now, keep the light shining brightly and don't let yourself get depressed.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• angelwithin
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Nov 2006

hope things work out well for you soon xx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                  , Check out my store
                  Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2009

Just wanted to update you all.... I got a job!!! When one door closes another one opens! And wow wow wow, is this a great door that opened! I still think I'm in dream mode.. my career advisor told me to fill out my IGA formual, Ideal, Good and Acceptable... well this job exceeds my ideal! I'll be working from home, great benefits, amazing company, and more Moulah... whoot whoot!!
                    So once again, thanks for all the positive vibes that were sent out on this thread!
                    Kel

Comment

• Marion
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Feb 2006

Congrats!!!!!!

Comment

• nanwu
                        Digi Sage
                        • Apr 2007

congrats on the new job......everything does happen for a purpose even if we can't see it at first

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• juliescraps
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Aug 2007

Congrats on the job, I hope it is everything you want and more.

Comment

• eye
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

See all turned out for the best.So happy for you xo.The power of prayers.
                            sigpic
                            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Carena
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jun 2007

Awesome - I'm so happy for you. Hugs
                              Kind wishes from Carena
                              Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
                              Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

Working...
                              X