X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ksd_24_f
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2009

Very Cute Tina! And yes I was watching the game, I was glued to the TV, but I had my phone with me downstairs so I could check in on FB and new LO's here in SBM!! LOL
    I agree page starters and shapes are a must have!! I love these new shapes that Wolvsie has given us to play with!! I too was having problems getting the mom and kids to come through I really wanted to use that one as well.

Comment

• Frannieanne
      • Oct 2010

very nice tintin. I had trouble with that shape too.

Comment

• fonzzy
        Layout Whiz
        • Feb 2011

Hi wolvsie I love your challenge but I don't know how to up load it to here fonzzy

Comment

• tin tin
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2010

Hi fonzzy.....if you have already uploaded to the design team challenge gallery, then you just click on your picture to enlarge....under the picture will have the path listed. copy the second line which is the path into your post here. good luck!
          I have been trying to figure out what the colour scheme reminds me of....well, when I put it in the layout as is I realized it is the TV pattern from when the channel is done airing - does it still show at that time?
          This layout was a combination of the memories kit and add-on along with shapes from here. Was not sure if the background counted, so I added the butterfly embie in case. Hope you ladies like!
          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Frannieanne
            • Oct 2010

Nice Layout TinTin. I am not sure if stations go off the air or not, but it does look like the tv screen pattern

Comment

• pmeparker96
              • Oct 2010

Beautiful picture TinTin Loving the layout too! Also, I don't think they do that anymore.... I had actually forgot about that with the televisions. Seems so long ago, or perhaps I am getting too old? lol

Comment

• Frannieanne
                • Oct 2010

Here is my page. I used the kit Michelle sent us for the Challenge, Hope for Brady's dog, and then Grungy Guys.

I just noticed the note on the right side is blurry, they kids are asking if they should have hidden the puppy too?

Comment

• SBM Diane
                  Digi Sage
                  • Sep 2010

Thank you for the challenge Michelle. It was a challenge for me just to decide what colors I wanted to use, then I changed my layout and decided to use purple as my main color because it is my best friend's favorite color. I added a little yellow and white. Here is my layout.

Last edited by SBM Diane; 04-28-2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• lemonade6363
                    • Aug 2009

Here is my page.

Proud Marine Mom who loves to scrap those grandsons...and, oh yeah, the rest of the family, too!

Comment

• lindaathome
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jan 2010

Here's mine. I think I kept this one pretty simple.

I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• dillie1
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Aug 2009

Fantastic and fabulous pages everyone!!! Thanks Michelle for this wonderful challenge. Credits are in the gallery!

Comment

• tin tin
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2010

Hey Dillie - as usual, one of my favs.....here is my question though - How do you get different colour in one embie...when I use the dropper, it colours the whole thing. Share your secrets!!!
                          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• dillie1
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by tin tin View Post
                            Hey Dillie - as usual, one of my favs.....here is my question though - How do you get different colour in one embie...when I use the dropper, it colours the whole thing. Share your secrets!!!
                            Thanks TinTin!!

Now I probably do it the long way, so if some else has any ideas please share. But what I do:
                            1) make two copies of the same embie
                            2) then color both with different colors
                            3) overlay each of the embies
                            4) click on the top embie and erase what you don't want, for example in the butterfly I erased half of the butterfly
                            5) Make sure everything is lined up so I don't see any color from the bottom element, if I do, I just
                            erase the opposite side of the bottom embie.
                            7) Sometimes if you use shadows, then I might turn off the top layer shadow, like I did in the butterflies. However the flower I kept the shadow on both layers.
                            6) line them up and you have a two toned element.

I hope I explained it OK, if not please ask.

Thanks again Tin Tin! Have a great weekend!
                            Last edited by dillie1; 04-29-2011, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Nov 2009

I do it the same way Dillie! Don't think there's a short cut.
                              My God, you've got your blending down to a fine art!!! How do you get such soft edges around the outter picture like that? Is it the Transparency bar that you play with on the eraser tool or the softness bar? When I'm blending, I put my eraser to a circle shape, put it to it's softest and then somewhere in the middle for transparency, but it never comes out as good as this... maybe it's the shape of the photo you used?? Again.. like Tina said 'please share your secrets' LOL

Comment

• dillie1
                                Layout Whiz
                                • Aug 2009

Thanks Kel--this one I discovered by accident. But to tell you the truth I never used the eraser, I will have to try that.
                                Sorry Michelle, hope this isn't taking away from your challenge

1) I use the photo insert from page 2 of the Garden Path, but any insert that has a soft edge will do.
                                2) Copy and paste the insert to the page your are working on and bring in your photo
                                3) Now you might have to open the crop and readjust your photo
                                4) I then use the transparency bar to adjust the photo--it's how you want it to look
                                5) You will see lines around your edges of the photo you are working, if you don't want them, just save this as a PNG file to your desk top or wherever you want to save it.
                                6) Go to your change picture and bring in your PNG. This will erase the lines that you may have and give you a nice clean look around the photo
                                7) That's it, happy scrapping. Let me know if you have any questions.

As always, I may take the long way around, so if anyone has a different way of blending, let us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X