Need advice!! - re-useable materials or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrissy2
    • Jan 2008

Need advice!! - re-useable materials or not?

I personally am a little weird about old shoes. I only donate old shoes that i had bought and never wore much for whatever reason. I don't mind hand me down clothes but i do not like hand me down shoes. There is no telling what lurks in them . It ranks up there with not sharing underclothes. Nike Reuse-A-Shoe program is a great way to recycle your old athletic shoes . Recycling is very important!!! But what should I do with those 14!!! years old helloween costume boots:

Not worn them for years, the leather is pretty stiff, worn-out soles, 14yrs old ....Ewwwwwwww! They are NOT donatable, so my question is:
    Are those 14yrs old boots:
    - re-useable materials like old athletic shoes
    - or old, gross items which belong into the trash bag together with the non-recyclable everday trash?

Need advice!! Please only serious answer!!
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

they are definetly re-usuable...post them to me i'll wear them ...i have a shoe fetish lol

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• mswizard
      Digi Sage
      • Mar 2007

LOL..Angel...I would wear them too...I have a huge shoe fetish myself..ask Mark..it cost's him dearly to keep my tootsies in footwear hehehe

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
      Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• eye
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

They look in good shape. I myself have one pair of sneekers and that is it.I always seem to give to my kids and neglect myself.I do not even own a pair of winter boots. For the life of me how do you walk in heels like this ha ha.It would kill me.I have no shorts no bathing suits because I feel fat.I wear Big Night Dresses. Hate clothes except if I leave the house.
        Last edited by eye; 01-10-2008, 08:58 PM.
        sigpic
        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• mswizard
          Digi Sage
          • Mar 2007

Oh Lordy...you wanna see heels? I'll take some pics of a few pair of mine and post them for ya

My Bud's 'R' Marion, Verleen and Jormanoy
          Love is not blind. It sees more not less and because it sees more, it's willing to see less.

Comment

• OnieRN
            Scrap Guru
            • May 2006

Omg

Those heels would kill my feet! The boots look new and in good shape but there is NO WAY I could wear them. I do have to agree with Eye, I have one pair of athetic shoes, and now it's time to go get another pair. Now athetic shoes are a nurse's BEST FRIEND!
            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
            !

nie

Comment

• *eng*
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2006

Am afraid I buy for comfort.......crikey..I never thought I'd say that! I am becoming like my grandmother...it'll be vests next
              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
              X