X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove's April 2008 Freebie Challenge

Welcome to The Groove's Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Hello from The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter

Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

There's MORE! Everyone gets the freebie, and at the end of the month, three lucky, random participants will also receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. WOO-HOO!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The "Freebie" Part

Fiona Storey has generously supplied a freebie mini-kit to all our Groove readers based on her full kit called "Cranberry Rose" - "...an elegant kit with lots of interesting shapes and frames, plenty of journal boxes that can double up as photo mats, this kit can be used for any occasion. the name does not quite reflect the colour but more the cranberry colour used in spode chinaware."

The “Challenge” Part!

Fiona has issued this challenge based on her freebie mini-kit:

“Create a layout using the mini kit using only 1 photo and 1 Quote - see if you can use all the mini kit items - recolour a little if you wish.”

(To download this month's freebie, click on the attached .SMB file below called FST-Cranberry_Rose_Mini_Kit.smb. Choose "Open", and the content will be automatically imported into Scrapbook MAX! under "Embellishments")

Love the mini-kit and want more? Get the full Cranberry Rose Kit today!

So get the freebies, accept the challenge, and get in on the fun (and the possibility of a free mousepad!)

And of course, be sure to check out the April 2008 issue of The Groove! You'll find more freebies, tips, and even an awesome discount on featured kits in the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store!

Happy Scrapping!

Your Groove Editors,
    Karin and Marnie

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • ryansmom66
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2008

Awesome Freebie and fun challenge! Can't wait to do my layout!
    Trisha
    My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• sacannon
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Aug 2006

Sounds like fun!
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• ryansmom66
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2008

I can't get to the April 2008 Newsletter.... it keeps going to March's Newsletter???
        Trisha
        My Buddies are MaggieMae, Angelwithin, TNLori, Moonlightpearl, eye, omajo, pickngrin, and wolvsie35

Comment

• sacannon
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by ryansmom66 View Post
          I can't get to the April 2008 Newsletter.... it keeps going to March's Newsletter???
          I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it!
          [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• The Groove
            • Jun 2006

Hi there!

The Groove is up and ready to read as I type!

Sometimes our link goes live a few moments before the newsletter itself is posted - but it's ready for eager readers now!

Karin
            for The Groove

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here (it's free!)
            The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0

Comment

• naugle1
              • Sep 2006

First try

This is my first try at one of these contests, so I hope I followed all the rules.
              Attached Files
              Christine

Comment

• angelwithin
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Nov 2006

beautiful page naugle

you all thought you'd get a week of peace without me in a challenge didn't you *giggles* now you get me annoying you all month

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                , Check out my store
                Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                  Digi Sage
                  • Nov 2007

Naugle1, great page. Nice how ggrandma's blouse matches the colors so well. Very pretty page!
                  Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                    Digi Sage
                    • Nov 2007

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
                    you all thought you'd get a week of peace without me in a challenge didn't you *giggles* now you get me annoying you all month
                    You sneaky little devil, you! I mean, angel....uh....are you sure you have the right name? devilwithin sounds more appropriate at this particular moment in time.
                    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• GotFun
                      • Mar 2008

Here's my attempt

These are my two nieces on the day before Easter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Feb 2008

I am guessing is 'explain' as ' devilish witty and playfulness but is an angel within her heart'. :P
                        sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• lily6570
                          • Jun 2006

Here's my page. I used some of Fiona's flowers from the Color Challenge a few weeks ago and the envelope is from SBM Manilla Memories. I hope that was OK... to add to it.

Last edited by lily6570; 04-01-2008, 01:21 PM. Reason: posted wrong code.... :(
                          My friends are: Moonlightpearl, thecombsfive

Comment

• Fern Byrd
                            • Feb 2007

I cannot download from these attatchments. I use DAP . It downloads :: attatchment 3 php
                            Broderbund Easy print type.

When I click open it comes up in my Creative Greetings Card maker and it says ; Unable to read file,file type not supported. It won't open in my ScrapbookMax.
                            This happens to all of these attatchment files. I don't know why they come up as php ??? Most of the other files I download with DAP comes to my Completed DL foldre as Stuffit Zip Files and I just unZip.
                            Any HELP on this ? I would like to be in the Challenge.
                            sigpic
                            CT For ScrapBird.Big fan of Michelle McCoy.

Comment

• fourfoxes
                              Digi Sage
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
                              . . . . you all thought you'd get a week of peace without me in a challenge didn't you *giggles* now you get me annoying you all month
                              Yes, but we still love you Angel!

Debby
                              My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

Working...
                              X