X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KittyJHG
    • Jul 2008

Print pages

Hi, ya'll! Retired teacher with too much time on my hands! Just kidding!Am VERY new to all of this. I just recently found this site and software and I must say how absolutely excited I am with Scrapbook Max! Am using trial version, but will definitely be purchasing it. Anyway, my question is: "Where to ya'll get your pages printed"? I am going to make several albums, so I need cheap. Just got color cartridge yesterday and printed about 10 pages, more or less, and my printer is already "hollerin'" for another! Need advice on where to go.
    Thanks, Jeanette from Mississippi
    Jeanette from Mississippisigpic
  • Vanessa
    Digi Sage
    • Apr 2008

Hi honey, welcome to SBM.

Not being from the states, (UK based) I can't really help you there, but if you run a search of the forums I can remember some of the members mentioning using places like Walmart fo printing.

Comment

• MommaBird
      Digi Sage
      • Jul 2007

With the high cost of printer ink and quality paper, I usually get my stuff printed at Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens. If you watch the flyers, the drugstore often feature weekly sales. And you can have it done online and if you avoid the hourly rate, it can save you some money as well.

You can find places that refill your ink cartridges, but I avoid that. You can also order non-name brand cartridges, but I replaced a cartridge and a no-name one time, and all of a sudden, my printer had a "paper jam" when there was not one. I had to send it back. My son replaced an Epson with a no-name and the printer keeps saying replace empty cartridge, so it is not recognizing the new cartridge.

Most of the print page ratings are assuming less than half, more like a quarter page coverage of color ink. When printing a scrapbook, you are using full page coverage, and the deeper the saturation, the more ink you use. And the fact that you mix 3 colors and black (5 colors and black for some systems) means you are going to run low on one color before you do the others, but because all are required for proper mixing, if will start to inform you when just one color is low. If you have a system that uses individual cartridges, then you can replace just the low one, but for the all-in-one cartridges, one color out means replacing or refilling.

If you can make "brag books" which are 4x6 you can drastically cut your printing costs since you can usually print 4 to 5 pics for about $1. Also, you may want to consider a matching template and post 3 to 4 of these smaller prints on one 12x12 page. You could alter the layout throughout the book and this could be quiet attractive.

The 8x8 pages can get printed on 8x10 sheets with two inches to be trimmed. You can get those 8x8 books at craft stores. Also, you could always use part of the extra 2 inches to bind your books yourself if you feel like really getting creative.

While talking about the 8x10 print out, you could get two 5x5 layouts on one page and if you were using themed pages, could easily center four 5x5 images on one 12x12 scrapbook cardstock. If you had just one picture on the 5x5, you would still have 4 per page.

If your target audience has a computer, you may want to consider slide shows. Also, dvd's are a good option. It is just as easy to put in a cd or dvd as it is to pull out a hard copy scrapbook. You may want to mix the printed options and the slide show options.

Comment

• fourfoxes
        Digi Sage
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by MommaBird View Post
        With the high cost of printer ink and quality paper, I usually get my stuff printed at Walmart, CVS, or Walgreens. If you watch the flyers, the drugstore often feature weekly sales. And you can have it done online and if you avoid the hourly rate, it can save you some money as well.

You can find places that refill your ink cartridges, but I avoid that. You can also order non-name brand cartridges, but I replaced a cartridge and a no-name one time, and all of a sudden, my printer had a "paper jam" when there was not one. I had to send it back. My son replaced an Epson with a no-name and the printer keeps saying replace empty cartridge, so it is not recognizing the new cartridge.

Most of the print page ratings are assuming less than half, more like a quarter page coverage of color ink. When printing a scrapbook, you are using full page coverage, and the deeper the saturation, the more ink you use. And the fact that you mix 3 colors and black (5 colors and black for some systems) means you are going to run low on one color before you do the others, but because all are required for proper mixing, if will start to inform you when just one color is low. If you have a system that uses individual cartridges, then you can replace just the low one, but for the all-in-one cartridges, one color out means replacing or refilling.

If you can make "brag books" which are 4x6 you can drastically cut your printing costs since you can usually print 4 to 5 pics for about $1. Also, you may want to consider a matching template and post 3 to 4 of these smaller prints on one 12x12 page. You could alter the layout throughout the book and this could be quiet attractive.

The 8x8 pages can get printed on 8x10 sheets with two inches to be trimmed. You can get those 8x8 books at craft stores. Also, you could always use part of the extra 2 inches to bind your books yourself if you feel like really getting creative.

While talking about the 8x10 print out, you could get two 5x5 layouts on one page and if you were using themed pages, could easily center four 5x5 images on one 12x12 scrapbook cardstock. If you had just one picture on the 5x5, you would still have 4 per page.

If your target audience has a computer, you may want to consider slide shows. Also, dvd's are a good option. It is just as easy to put in a cd or dvd as it is to pull out a hard copy scrapbook. You may want to mix the printed options and the slide show options.

Thanks for the advice MommaBird!

Debby
        My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• Scrappyfrog
          Mad Scrapper
          • Jun 2008

Also, if you live near a Costco, they are 2.50 a page...or google 12x12 prints and you'll find lots of online places you can download to and they'll ship them out...(make sure to read up on making ur pages for 12x12 here http://scrapbookmax.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11925 ) or just keep them 8x8. If you have them shipped, though...shipping can be a big chunk of change.
          Terin - aka Scrappyfrog
          sigpic
          My blog: www.scrappyfrog.blogspot.com

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Welcome to SBM
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• DAP
              • Aug 2008

on line prints

Myphotopipe.com has 8X8 matte prints for $1.89. I haven't done scrapbook pages with them but have printed several panoramic pictures (best price around) and was very pleased with their quality and service. I just ordered 9 scrapbook pages from them for a total of $22 (with shipping included). Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X