X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolvsie35
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2007

I agree with you Sue...We definetly need her daughters help with his..and I think instead of sending in 100's of app's for the same thing, we get one person to write a letter to go along with it, and include everyones name and where we live...to support this claim...Cause if we all send one in, they might not all get looked at the same time, and that would defeat this purpose...Does anyone know if there is a number we could call for dire emergencies...? Might go faster..<wink>
    Just my thought on the subject...This is too perfect of a solution to waste...
    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
      Digi Sage
      • Nov 2007

I hate to be a party pooper but let's step back and look at this from a realistic stand point. Who pays the taxes on the income? I know you pay a huge tax on winnings (i.e. lottery winnings) so will this be considered income? Then her insurance will now go up because they don't build just a nice little cottage, they go BIG and BEAUTIFUL! Then every year from now on, her own personal property tax will go up big time. It's a nice sentiment and a truly wonderful idea if all goes well, but will she be able to maintain it or are we creating a bigger burden for her. In the end, will she then have to sell her home or risk losing it?
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• wolvsie35
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
        I hate to be a party pooper but let's step back and look at this from a realistic stand point. Who pays the taxes on the income? I know you pay a huge tax on winnings (i.e. lottery winnings) so will this be considered income? Then her insurance will now go up because they don't build just a nice little cottage, they go BIG and BEAUTIFUL! Then every year from now on, her own personal property tax will go up big time. It's a nice sentiment and a truly wonderful idea if all goes well, but will she be able to maintain it or are we creating a bigger burden for her. In the end, will she then have to sell her home or risk losing it?

Good point Melanie...Something to think about..
        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• fourfoxes
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
          Good point Melanie...Something to think about..
          was wondering the same thing. I like this idea but I would hate to put her in another bad situation. We need to find out more first.

Debby
          My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Gee a person just cannot get ahead. Heres what we do in Canada. We sneak and fix inside up and leave the outside to look shabby. Taxes stay the same..When I was tearing down my home which took 2 years I still had to pay full taxes even though it was gutted and no windows.As soon as it was down then they changed and lowered the taxes.I got lucky as someone knocked on my door and ask if they tear it down can they have all the lumber and I will clean as I go.Now you are not going to believe this one but then we had a big hole where the basement was.Well I got lucky as the neigbour got his driveway paved.His driveway is directly across from ours and we ask for the soil removed.yep we got 8 tamtum truckloads full. Saved about $800.Filled our hole.

I do hope this with Jazz can be fixed.It is a shame as she is a good soul and one of the best Angels we could ever meet on this earth.We love her dearly.
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Gang, did you all read this..... That's where she is staching the supplies she stold from Sacannon's hardware store!!!!!

I knew it!!! Confounded!
              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• fourfoxes
                Digi Sage
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Granny View Post
                Gang, did you all read this..... That's where she is staching the supplies she stold from Sacannon's hardware store!!!!!

I knew it!!! Confounded!
                Oh, Granny!!!

Debby
                My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

A lot of times what happens is the builders pay off any mortgage on the house-and donations come in to help with the taxes and stuff. But-to be safe it sure would be a good idea to find out how it all works. Plus like you said they don't build em small-and they would have all top of the line stuff and any kind of aparatus needed for Andrew!! And her other 2 grandsons would be able to stay in the house with her too!! I wish we could get this off the ground!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                    Digi Sage
                    • Nov 2007

They pay off the mortgage, but there is still taxes. Donations only go so far. Who pays the taxes next year, and the insurance? We really need to be SURE before we proceed. Is there any kind of trust fund to take care of Andrew? Any government departments paying for HIS home and board that could be used to pay the taxes and insurance. The TV people don't care about next year, they care about ratings. I keep thinking of that big HGTV DREAM HOME giveaway. I was looking at it. NOT ONE winner has EVER been able to keep the home. They all have to sell. So is it feasible that Jazz could sell this Makeover home if needed and purchase something she could truly afford? Would she need to? I just think we should be sure of all the future problems that could occur.
                    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• nanwu
                      Digi Sage
                      • Apr 2007

I am interested in this but am concerned as 'hope' is that we would just create a bigger burden for Jazz.(that's why I was wondering if there was a smaller community group of volunteers that might like to make this a project.....don't know how things work over there). Sorry being so far away there is not much I can do.

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                        Digi Sage
                        • Nov 2007

I really want this to work. I just want someone to be watching out for Jazz in this. Maybe the lawyers at Extreme Makeover have a form (with small print of course) that explains the ramifications of doing this.
                        Melanie

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

I hope this comes off. How compicated it is trying to do a good turn!
                          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• eye
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Granny View Post

I knew it!!! Confounded!
                            who are yah takin about.At least it is not me
                            sigpic
                            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• jazzskidangie
                              • Sep 2007

This is Angie - Jazz's Daughter

I just wanted to let you all know that you are complete angels. I Am not in Alabama right now. My husband and I had to return to Oregon on Monday. We are moving to Alabama May/June after our kids finish the school year. Mother is going into a rehab facility for about 1 month so that she can improve her strength and learn so techniques for using a walker and exercising. My aunt is in Alabama with her still...you can reach her at 256-492-1860. Her name is Cathy Battles, if you want to do the application for the home makeover you can call her for the video footage...i think she could help.....

my grandmother owns the house and all they pay are property taxes each year.

Thank you all again for all your help and if you need any help with the application please let me know..you can reach me at 503-746-5230...thanks again!
                              sigpic

Don't wait for something big to occur. Start where you are, with what you have, and that will always lead you into something greater.
                              -- Mary Manin Morrissey

Comment

• pkdoll
                                Scrap Guru
                                • Dec 2006

Angie this is wonderful that you were able to see this and respond to us-but word of caution. This is a public forum and we have to be careful what information we post here. Our regular members are very trustworthy, but anyone from anywhere can view these pages-so you might not want to publish your phone number in here. You can private message me or anyone of the other members with your contact information. But I just want you to know a little bit about how these forums work and that they are very public.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Working...
                                X