Hi I am a somewhat new to digital scrapbooking..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gammaof7
    • Sep 2011

Hi I am a somewhat new to digital scrapbooking..

I joined this site a few months ago actually I think last fall, but family things and sickness has kept me from sitting down and learn and chat..
    I got PSE 10 for Xmas and Im anxious to get started.. If anyone knows where I can get tutorials (not videos or Youtube they take too much of my interent usage) I would luv to know..I acutally have the scrap max software also..
    I have seen a layout that I want to do so badly and I have no idea how they do it..The background is an enlarged photo of a child or whatever, and then its kind of faded and then they add another pic of the same child etc. and its fantastic..I see it alot but havent found out how to..Anyone here know what Im talking about..
    thanks for reading my long post!! lol
    Last edited by gammaof7; 03-05-2012, 12:48 PM. Reason: misspelled words..
  • KapiScrap
    Scrap Guru
    • Jun 2010

Hello!
    Welcome!
    I'll be happy to provide you some details on a few layouts :-)
    Sandrine
    KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• juliescraps
      Layout Whiz
      • Aug 2007

Welcome to the forums. The technique that you are describing is with the transparency on the photo. I hope this helps to get you started. Happy scrapping.

Comment

• gammaof7
        • Sep 2011

Thank KapiColors I would luv some help on layouts!! Thanks so much and after dinner I will check out your site!

Comment

• gammaof7
          • Sep 2011

Hi Juliescraps where would I find a tutorial or instructions to do the transparency on the photo?? I think that makes such a gorgeous layout!!

Comment

• lindaathome
            Digi Sage
            • Jan 2010

Welcome gammaof7!

In the Max software, open a blank page. Select the Left Button for Create New Scrapbook, then select Blank Scrapbook, which is a blank page. Double click on the white background. Check the Background Image box. It will prompt you to select the background you wish to use. Select the Browse button in the lower left to open a box. Locate and select the photo you wish to use. This will make that photo the background paper. Now double click on it again. There is a transparency slider. The farther to the right you slide it, the more transparent your background(photo) becomes. Play around and see what you can come up with.

Good luck. Don't be shy about asking for help. Someone will chime in to help.

Linda
            I am a proud Member of the Following Creative Teams

My friends are Angelwithin, Carena, Daydreamer, Dillie1, Eye. Frannieanne, Granny, Janarae, KimmyAnn, ksd_24_f, Marion, Moonbeam, The FreeSpirit and Wolvsie35

Comment

• gammaof7
              • Sep 2011

Oh thank you so much!! I am justing getting home from my daughters and I want to give it a try so badly but Im wore out from wrestling with my grandbabies..I will give it a try during my morning coffee!! Cant wait..Many Hugs Julia

Comment

• juliescraps
                Layout Whiz
                • Aug 2007

Thank you Linda for telling gammaof7 how the transperency is done. I just now got back on the computer. Happy scrapping everyone.

Comment

• tin tin
                  Digi Sage
                  • Oct 2010

welcome! and have fun
                  Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• eye
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Jul 2006

ooooo you will have fun.Welcome.
                    sigpic
                    My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                    X