• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPierce
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2007

import oddity

I have one page every time I import from v1 it adds extra text in v2. I have tore down my v1 page piece by piece to see if it is hidden behind an element or off the page view but I can not find the extra text. Based on what I see it is possible that it was on this page at one time but I do not find it on the current page any where at all. ODD.

Based on this I will not be importing my "huge" lifebook project to the new version. I do not have time to fix or redo things I don't want to change. There might be things that would be nice to change with all the text enhancements but only if I want not if the program changes something.

I really love the new program. Not complaining just point out an oddity.
    My buddy is GrannyWin.
    My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.
  • stitches
    Mad Scrapper
    • Aug 2006

Bummer! That would be a lot of work. Do you know about going into the folder through windows Explorer and deleting any extra items not in the layout? When something gets deleted from a page in SBM it gets removed from the page but is still in the folder. Never understood this but I always go back to check since it could significantly increase the size of the project folder and was never sure if pix I removed were included in the output for others to see. I will include instructions for you or anyone else who may need them. Open Windows Explorer or your Documents folder . Go to My Documents. Then Scrapbook Max. Then Projects. Then the project u are checking out. Then resourses, autoplay, images. Everything that u have ever placed in that project will bw in there, whether or not u have deleted them. HTH!
    Donna Roe

My link to the store:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/digital-...Donna-Roe.html

Comment

• stitches
      Mad Scrapper
      • Aug 2006

Forgot to say that text entered through the max program will be deleted so if that is the case it may be a whole different issue. If it was word art added as an embellishment then the above instructions may apply.
      Donna Roe

My link to the store:

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/digital-...Donna-Roe.html

Comment

• KPierce
        Layout Whiz
        • Nov 2007

Well one advantage of importing a page in the past has been it will only import the items still viewable on the page or off to the side but viewable So it is an easy way to clean up a scrapbook. I have a tendency to drag and drop a lot of things on my page as I play around until I get what I want. I know this bloats the folder so when I am done I usually import to a new scrapbook and it only imports final items used on the page. At least that is the way I thought it worked. If v2 does not work that way when it imports that would be a little odd.
        My buddy is GrannyWin.
        My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
          Your Host, Gracie!
          • Jan 2006

Hmmmm. That definitely sounds strange. It's not really possible for v2.0 to add extra text to your v1.0 pages. It must somehow already be there in your old page...
          Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

Working...
          X