• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

Memories of Steve Irwin.

Memories of Steve Irwin.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Got this link in email today. It was just really fun to watch. Brings back fond memories.

Marion
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
    Memories of Steve Irwin.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Got this link in email today. It was just really fun to watch. Brings back fond memories.

Marion
    He was such a genuinely nice bloke.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Marion
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Feb 2006

Crikey yes, he was a bloke!

Marion

Comment

• kristyc1994
        Layout Whiz
        • Apr 2006

Oh my goodness that first video clip they show of Steve Irwin with that Ross character is just a hoot. My husband had to come in to see what I was watchin I was whooping it up so loud!

Comment

• scrappydo
          • Nov 2006

That was just what I needed....Thanks Marion
          Wonder who was more scared
          Now all we need to do is stop these misconceptions of stingrays....they truly are a gentle and mesmorising creature
          Suze

Comment

• sacannon
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Aug 2006

That first video was hilarious!
            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• scrappydo
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by all my memories View Post
              poor steve,
              yes i agree most are. but the blacks are not its what got poor steve and reports last week on the news that a black got another diver as well. they showed its barb on the news. this diver was lucky he lived.
              Sorry memories but being in a family of divers I feel compelled to clarify this misconception.
              The Stingray does have a barb but that does not make it dangerous. The barb is poisonous, NOT DEADLY and its also will cause extreme pain. I have been in and snorkelled with some that were well over a metre and a half across and they truly are amazing. As the go past they make sure there barb is always away from you. This is there only form of defense and the barb can break quite easily, so naturally they ony use when they feel threatened. My husband and son see stingrays constantly when they dive. As long as you are not threatening them they leave you alone, or they will come up out of curiousity hoping you may have a feed for them. They are like incredibly huge puppy dogs!!! This is with the same type of ray you are talking about.
              They believe what happened to Steve Irwin was purely accidental. That the tail flipped up as the ray was turning around. As sad as it is, this Ray would have not deliberatly attacked!!! I saw the report last week as well, and because of the unfair reports about stingray they have made more of it than it was. Lets face it, it is very news worthy hear is Australia at the moment!!We have the actual incident reports come through the dive shops of ALL accidents and fatalities as a way to learn.

Sorry to get on my High Horse about this but this is something I am totally passionate about, and the reality is there are a lot of people that are hunting rays for NO reason. Its like with sharks, there are only a couple of varieties that are dangerous. Not all are. The majority are not. I wish peole would not just listen to News reports and would start becoming more informed themselves by reading up on not only these beautiful creatures but all animals. There are so many misconceptions about a lot of animals that are unfounded. Lets face it...whos territory are we in?? We are the visitors!

I have a layout in the gallery where there is a very small ray over my sons feet. (If I knew how to post the link I would....just look under scrappydo) This is the same type of ray that got Steve Irwin, just a lot smaller but still has that barb. I will post some more layouts in the next day or two of my family with the as well. This is just after my son had snorkelled with a group of non dangerous sharks.Trust me, if they were dangerous they would not allow this to happen.

Ok, have had my say. Getting of my soapbox now.....

Comment

• scrappydo
                • Nov 2006

Oops...sorry this is the last thing. The type of Ray is a BULL RAY...not a Black Ray. A lot of rays are black or have black in them..or brown...ect...

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

Thank you for that S doo..........that was very informative.
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

Scrappydo, thank you for sharing that info. I feel the same way you do. Even Pirannahs got a bad rap, and they don't even attack anything unless they smell blood. People in the Amazons swin with them around all the time and never get bothered.

And I know I'm opening a can of worms, but I always wondered about the sanity of a man that would mess with an alligator while holding his baby in his arms.

But, oh, well, the poor animals always end up paying for the things we do!

Granny
                    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• scrappydo
                      • Nov 2006

Too True Granny

Too True Granny. It is always the animals fault isn't it
                      Gotta give this to Steve though...he was always passionate about animals...all animals...which makes it even sadder when you here unfounded comments being made about animals he was protecting and so passionate about.
                      Between you and me though there is one type of animal I can't handle......shhh...don't tell anyone but......
                      ok its the moth...I really have a thing about moths...butterflies are ok....just not moths...they get in your hair and yuck!!!!
                      Better not get me started again....
                      Suze

Comment

• Granny
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Mar 2006

Suze.... I'm passionate about animals too... but I don't stick my head in their mouth!

Oh, ok, he was a good mate, albait crazier than a loone. I know, I'm totally sane!

Well, it's too bad you don't like them creatures, cause I posted one years ago. I guess you would not want to download it. I called it a butterfly, but it's really one of those....

Down, girl, down...

Granny
                        sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• scrappydo
                          • Nov 2006

You are too funny Granny!!!
                          Just don't put one of those killer creatures in the template.....haha

Comment

Working...
                          X