• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

October Designer Challenge

As it is october and halloween is fast aproaching this months challenge is based on the halloween swatch of colours

THIS MONTH WE'LL BE DOING: 8 by 8, 4 by 6 and hybrid pages

Please specify when uploading for us which size you are doing! By the time the month is over, we'll have an 8 by 8 album, a mini bragbook plus hopefully lots of hybrid goodies.

RULES

1. Make a layout and upload it to the gallery and post a link here for us to see

2. Make a template and share it with the group (post to this thread!)

3. Make coordinating embellishments and papers, etc to share with the group (on this thread)

4. Make hybrid pages, invitations, candy covers, gift boxes etc - please remember to post these as templates

PLEASE NOTE: you do not have to make halloween themed goodies or pages BUT you MUST use the colour swatch colours

I am attaching a mini kit to get you started and the colourswatch. The Mini kit contains 1 background, 4 paper scraps and 19 embellishments.

Have Fun!

For our Newbies....how to make a template to share:

layout your page in max as you would normally, once it is finished - go to FILE > EXPORT TEMPLATE > Name it and check remove photos > OK

to attach the template to this thread go to ADDITIONAL OPTIONS (below the posting box) > MANAGE ATTACHMENTS > BROWSE (your template in My Documents > Scrapbook Max > Templates) > Click on Upload and it will be attached for everyone to use

dont forget to publish to images also and upload this to the gallery and insert here (so you can show us what it looks like)
    Attached Files

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• sacannon
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Aug 2006

This sounds like fun and we have a whole month!
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
      Digi Sage
      • Nov 2007

Oh yeah! I love halloween AND fall! The colors are a little bright for me so this will be a true challenge but I'm learning a lot from Granny so maybe I'll get to make something to share.
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• naugle1
        • Sep 2006

Thanks for providing the mini kit! I haven't participated in the designer challenges in the past because I don't know how to do all that fancy stuff (or have the programs), but I would love to throw together some templates!
        Christine

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

here are two hybrid pages for you all - these are great for puttng candy/popcorn or small gifts in for those trick n treaters

save as you would an image ...right click > save picture as

to get the size right just open an 8x8 page in max and bring the page in as an embellishment, stretch to fit page, then print
          Attached Files

, Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• KPierce
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2007

It is October?
            My buddy is GrannyWin.
            My sister, my friend, Laurie016. My daughter, mortonmomof2.

Comment

• angelwithin
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by KPierce View Post
              It is October?
              nearly lol

, Check out my store
              Here

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

Yeh, I had to check my calendar earlier, hahaha
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• eye
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

Oh it looks like fun but too difficult for me but hey I will be watching for all the nice layouts.What does hybrid mean
                  sigpic
                  My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• crops2dawn
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Jul 2006

Looks like we are in for a FUN month!!!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• angelwithin
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by eye View Post
                      Oh it looks like fun but too difficult for me but hey I will be watching for all the nice layouts.What does hybrid mean
                      a hybrid is printable craft item, you can lay them up in max and then print the page, with a little folding and the odd bit of gluing you have fabulous unique practical craft items

some examples are:

bookmarks, candy wrappers, cards, gift boxes, calanders, recipe card books, dvd covers, seed covers, business cards, tree ornaments, trading cards, invitations, cards, stationary sets, snack boxes, party boxes, favour boxes & bags, cake boxes, jam labels, gift labels, cookie covers, mini matchbook albums, keyring albums, activity booklets for kids, popcorn holders,

infact if you can print it and build it it's a hybrid lol

, Check out my store
                      Here

Comment

• naugle1
                        • Sep 2006

Desktop Wallpaper

I used the mini kit and added a calendar that MommaBird had posted in the freebie forum (I hope that is allowed), except the calendar is for 2009 so if you have an '08 you will want to change it for this year. Hopefully, I followed all the other rules:
                        Attached Files
                        Christine

Comment

• MommaBird
                          Digi Sage
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by naugle1 View Post
                          I used the mini kit and added a calendar that MommaBird had posted in the freebie forum (I hope that is allowed), except the calendar is for 2009 so if you have an '08 you will want to change it for this year. Hopefully, I followed all the other rules:
                          I gave blanket permission in that posting to do with as you wish, so definitely okay by me!

Comment

• naugle1
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MommaBird View Post
                            I gave blanket permission in that posting to do with as you wish, so definitely okay by me!
                            Thanks! You are always so generous!
                            Christine

Comment

• MommaBird
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jul 2007

I have been busy all day creating, but not done yet. I do however have some shapes for you and a couple embies to upload.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X