• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tin tin
    Digi Sage
    • Oct 2010

interested in becoming or helping design

Okay ladies...I am interested in getting details on how to design, or maybe help design. i have a lot of free time on my hands, and love doing this, but have not got the foggiest how one would do it. tons of great ideas, but not sure where to start. Any advicce or help?
    Tin Tin
    Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within
  • CDP
    • Mar 2011

Tin
    I'm like you lots of time and not much to do. I got myself into a couple blog trains. Just to see what I could do. Gotta tell ya I really enjoy the time I spend working on a blog train. I'm no designer at all, just play and have fun. Join the train here and give it a try.
    Connie CDP

Connie
    Just Simple Paper
    http://justsimplepapers.blogspot.com/

Comment

• TheFreeSpirit
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2008

How does that work Tin Tin? FS xx
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

I walk on a rainbow trail
      I walk on a trail of song
      And all around me is beauty ~ Navajo Song

Comment

• tin tin
        Digi Sage
        • Oct 2010

I would love to. By blog train - where and what is that exactly? I join in the challenges - but is the blog train something different. Not sure. confused!

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

Firstly can you make a complete kit, that is at 3 to 5 Backgrounds, 3 to 5 paperscraps, about 15 embellishments (tags, frames, ribbons etc)?

Can you turn those embellishments and papers into a 5 page template?

Have you got several complete kits/ template sets up somewhere for 'the powers that be' to see?

then you are already most of the way there just apply (I guess that is via the contact us links at the bottom of the page as I can't remember where we used to apply - it was 2006 when I applied site is way different now lol)

what else do you want to know ladies?

Oh and by the way....don't expect to get rich scrapping ....it's a well over subscribed market!!!

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• tin tin
            Digi Sage
            • Oct 2010

not wanting to get rich - but curious about it and I have way too much fun with it. Although I would not even know which programs to use to make backgrounds and embies and such!
            Thanks for the details though Fiona. I appreciate it.

Comment

• angelwithin
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Nov 2006

I use several programs....paint shop pro 9 (refuse to upgrade to teh corel version as the old jsac version was brilliant as it was) CS4 Adobe, Epsons illustrator plus max itself for making embies, backgrounds etc

best way to start is get a graphics program and just start clicking buttons...see what they do, then read some tutorials (thousands for each program on the net) see what you can come up with

I'm self taught, never had a lesson, in fact I have no computer skill classes under my belt at all lol

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
              , Check out my store
              Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• dillie1
                Layout Whiz
                • Aug 2009

Tin Tin--I use Photoshop CS5, Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 (you can usually get this for a free download for 30 days) and of course SBM to make embies. I am also self taught, so it takes me longer than most to make things (LOL). I only have been doing the design side for a couple of months and love it.

Comment

• CDP
                  • Mar 2011

Tin Tin
                  I use my SBM to make my papers. Start with one background. Then put another over the top of it. Play with the opacity settings. Until you can see the bottom paper some and also some of the upper paper. It's just a matter of blending them together. Some of mine have three to four layers. A blog train is where you go from place to place and collect freebies. A group of people do these. But be sure a read every tou. Some designers will only let you use there creations for personal use.

Hope this help at least a little.
                  Connie
                  Just Simple Paper
                  http://justsimplepapers.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X