I can't use my new template......help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Love4Scrap
    • Apr 2007

I can't use my new template......help???

hi,
    I got a Template from a blog amd LOVE IT, but it will NOT let me use it like a template you know where you get a Template and then you go add what you want paper and embedies to and walla you come out with a MASTER LAYOUT... Thanks to the talented artist that made the Template....

Well, it WON'T LET ME DO THAT ,JUST BRINGS THE TEMPLATE UP LIKE I WAS USING IT AS A PICTURE!!!! " NOTHING CHANGEABLE !!!! @ ALL...................

I need help fiquring this out !!! Thanks a Million...

Daneta
    Last edited by Love4Scrap; 07-24-2009, 02:39 PM. Reason: wrong word typo error
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Hi there!

In order for a template to work as a fully-editable page in Scrapbook MAX!, it must be an .smt file - that is, the file extension must be .smt.

If you are trying to use a page from another site that is not an .smt file, you can still import and use it in Scrapbook MAX!, but it will be a "flat" image (i.e., you won't be able to edit different parts of the image like you can edit a Scrapbook MAX! template page).

Hope that helps!
    Karin

Comment

• Carena
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2007

Most templates you will find on blogs are PSD file extentions and suitable for photoshop style programs.

It is possible if the template is in PNG format to make into shapes here in Max program but it takes quiet some effort to do so.
      Kind wishes from Carena
      Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
      Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• workingjo3
        Mad Scrapper
        • Sep 2006

Are you working with a "quick page" or a "plopper". If so, its just a single layer, like a photo and you wont be able to move things around on it.
        Hugs Jo

Comment

• Love4Scrap
          • Apr 2007

thanks Ladies I understand everything Now!!!! @ least I think I do.... I do have another question though,and that is can a PSD File be changed to a SMT File?........................LORD I HOPE SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
          Daneta

Comment

Working...
          X