• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Suggestion: Ribbon Text: Make exact shape

Lorne (or any SBM admin)...

Suggestion: It would be nice to be able to make the Ribbon Text as an exact shape (for example: to use as a saved .png when creating a frame). Shapes such as an oval, circle and square. I have all the settings as they should be to get to that point ("connect endpoints," "prevent overlapping characters," "throughout entire text," etc.), but it sure would be nice to be able to make an exact shape without having to manuever all the little dots around trying to get that result... which, no matter how hard you try, never actually ends up like an exact oval, circle, square, etc.

Thank you very much for considering my suggestion.
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

I agree this is a good suggestion! It's something I'd like to make easier in the future for sure.

You can do circles right now, though: turn on "connect endpoints" and then remove all the midpoints, so the ribbon only has 2 points. I snuck a change into a recent version that makes 2 points form a perfect circle.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• knzus
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2007

*gasp* You sneaky, sneaky fellow! LOL! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! YES!! Exactly what I'm lookin' for. Thanks, Lorne!

Anxiously anticipating possible ovals and squares.......

Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• dillie1
        Layout Whiz
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by knzus View Post
        *gasp* You sneaky, sneaky fellow! LOL! Now that's what I'm talkin' about! YES!! Exactly what I'm lookin' for. Thanks, Lorne!

Anxiously anticipating possible ovals and squares.......

Yes, I agree it was sneaky--I just made a LO with a circle and wow, what a difference just connecting the endpoints make. Thank you so much for the sneakiness and Yes I can't wait for ovals, squares, etc. Oh Great Suggestin Knzus!!

Comment

• KapiScrap
          Scrap Guru
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
          I agree this is a good suggestion! It's something I'd like to make easier in the future for sure.

You can do circles right now, though: turn on "connect endpoints" and then remove all the midpoints, so the ribbon only has 2 points. I snuck a change into a recent version that makes 2 points form a perfect circle.
          Ah yes! That is Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!
          KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• makeyesup
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2006

Not home for a few days; however, when I am, I think I'll play around with this. Was wondering if after you make the circle, you can then add other points and pull them out to make a square. Don't use ribbon text too often as I like to play around with the titles and all the points you can add in there. Maybe, this could be done with the title option. Has anyone played around and tried those things?

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• ksd_24_f
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2009

OMG!!!!! Sound the violins!!! THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!
              Kel

Comment

• knzus
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by ksd_24_f View Post
                OMG!!!!! Sound the violins!!! THAT IS SOOOO COOL!!
                Kel
                Told you so... heh-heh.
                Diana

Comment

• KapiScrap
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Jun 2010

I really like this feature!
                  Be great when additional shapes will be available.
                  KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• coletteb
                    • Aug 2010

Just browsing random threads... and I am SOOOOO glad I found this one! I've already tried it and it works so well... thanks so much for sharing this tip!

Comment

Working...
                    X