• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TNLori
    Mad Scrapper
    • Nov 2007

Opinions, please...

I know this isn't a scrapbook page, but I used a lot the same techniques and such...

I'm working on the campground brochure for next year and have gone in a totally different direction with it this time. We're having it professionally printed, so I can have a full background image. Woohoo! We've been printing them on glossy 8.5x11 paper on the color laser at the house, but have found a place online that will print 5,000 of them for just a little more than I can print 600 at home, and full color, to boot!

So, below I have the jpg proofs of what I've come up with. It's printed on both sides of a single sheet of paper, and folded so that the blank panel in the middle and the panel to it's right are both on the outside. All I have to do to mail one is staple it shut, put an address and a stamp on it, and let it go.

Outer page:

Inner page:

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? The background photos are of an actual road in this area, and the rider is a friend of ours. I used Photoshop to block out his license plate number, an if you were able to look at the original real hard, you'd see that it now says "HUNTS".
    Lori in Tennessee
    Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Looks very professional!!! You did an outstanding job on it and I wouldnt change a thing!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

Toni, I don't know too much about this, but I agree with Crops. I'm very impressed with it. I say, go with it. Wish I still had my dirt bike and gear!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• eye
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

Boy those prices are so cheap.Excellent advertising.
        sigpic
        My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Great job, makes me want to come right over!
          Maybe even a place for a Scrapbookmax get together?

Comment

• pickngrin
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2008

Very professional!! Not too loud and very nice layout! I almost think I know where that area is.
            I have always been a scaredy cat of motorcycles but your brochure almost (and I stress ALMOST) would make even skittish me take a ride!

Good job!!!

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
              Digi Sage
              • Nov 2007

Very informational. Good shots of the accommodations and local attractions. Very professional looking. It's a winner in my book.
              Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• angelwithin
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Nov 2006

looks fabulous....can i book the first two weeks in summer

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                , Check out my store
                Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• sacannon
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Aug 2006

You did a wonderful job on this. It looks professionally done!
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• wolvsie35
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2007

Very neat-o!!! I agree, maybe we should all book a week at the same time and reserve the whole place for scrapbooking...I will need a site with electrical outlets please...lol...
                    I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• angelwithin
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by wolvsie35 View Post
                      Very neat-o!!! I agree, maybe we should all book a week at the same time and reserve the whole place for scrapbooking...I will need a site with electrical outlets please...lol...

ooooo great idea...maybe we could have a big max meeting here....would be perfect

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                      , Check out my store
                      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• nanwu
                        Digi Sage
                        • Apr 2007

this is awesome.....i want to come and stay (does a push bike count LOL) haven't riden a motorbike for several years (the old knee's won't let me LOL)

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

• TNLori
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Nov 2007

Many thanks for all of your encouragement! It goes off to the printer today. Woohoo!

To answer a few questions:

No, you don't have to be on a motorcycle to stay at the campground, but it really would help if you at least liked them a little.

The prices are actually a slight increase over this year's prices, but pretty much on par with what other places that are like us charge.

A MAX get-together here would be great! When do you want to come in? Late May/Early June is usually a lovely time around here - not much rain, and the summer heat hasn't cranked all the way up yet. Another good time is early-mid October - the temps are cooling off, and the colors are starting up. And, by that time next year, we might have another cabin or two in.

The pavilion has lots of electrical outlets, it's lit so we can sit around at night, and we have wi-fi over the grounds, so we can show the folks who stayed home what they're missing in real time.
                          Last edited by TNLori; 09-09-2008, 08:05 AM.
                          Lori in Tennessee
                          Scrappin' since November 2007

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain.

My Buddy is Ryansmom66.

Comment

• crops2dawn
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Jul 2006

Any room for RV's???? I like the comforts of home when I travel....lol like a bathroom, soft bed to lay this old body and HOT running water....LOL

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Wow, just think... More affordable than a cruise, we help a fellow nut... Ops, I mean, scrapper, and we would have all this place for ourselves!!!

The possibilities are endless!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
                              X