The Groove's (First Ever!) Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Groove
    • Jun 2006

The Groove's (First Ever!) Monthly Freebie Challenge!

Welcome to The Groove's (First Ever!) Monthly Freebie Challenge!

The Groove, Scrapbook MAX!'s *free* monthly newsletter, is starting a brand new monthly challenge. Each month, a featured designer will offer a great freebie mini-kit and issue a challenge based on that kit.

All you need to do is download the freebie, create a layout that steps up to the challenge, upload it to your gallery, and post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread!

There's MORE! Everyone gets the freebie, and at the end of the month, three lucky, random participants will also receive an official Scrapbook MAX! mousepad. WOO-HOO!

Details about this month's freebie and challenge are below!

The "Freebie" Part

Kathie Woolery has generously supplied a freebie mini-kit to all our Groove readers based on her full kit called "Primavera Promises" - "Tender pink flowers, blue skies, and the first sweet green grass; this mini-kit coordinates with Primavera Promises and features five springtime backgrounds in a watercolor on canvas texture and ten elements to help you celebrate Spring!"

(To download this month's freebie, click on the attached .smb file below called KWO-Primavera-Promises-Freebie.smb. Choose "Open", and the content will be automatically imported into Scrapbook MAX! under "Embellishments")

The "Challenge" Part

Kathie has issued this challenge based on her freebie mini-kit:

"Create a layout using all three colors of papers and at least five elements (i.e., the papers and elements from the free mini-kit)." Upload your layout to the gallery, then post a link to your layout in a reply to this thread.

So get the freebies, accept the challenge, and get in on the fun (and the possibility of a free mousepad!)

And of course, be sure to check out the March 2008 issue of The Groove! You'll find more freebies, tips, and even an awesome discount on featured kits in the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store!

Happy Scrapping!

Your Groove Editors,
    Karin and Marnie

Not yet signed up for The Groove? Click here!
    Attached Files
    The Groove Avatar made with embellishments found in our various Expansion Packs for Scrapbook MAX! 2.0
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

i know i'm fast lol here's my layout using Katie's freebie from her Primavera Promises kit

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• GrannyScraps
      Layout Whiz
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
      i know i'm fast lol here's my layout using Katie's freebie from her Primavera Promises kit

Oh My Gosh..... I just felt Spring bustin' out all over with your layout..... It's so bright and "Springtime-y"..... Thanks for participating, you did a great job!!!! {{hugs}}
      God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• fourfoxes
        Digi Sage
        • Oct 2007

Here is my layout for the challenge. I love this kit Primavera Promises! Thanks so much for this freebie, Katie.
        This is a photo of my great niece Kaitlyn. Love this photo of her!

Debby
        My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• Sandy Desaulniers
          • Dec 2007

Wow! I'm really impressed, both of you did beautiful jobs with your layouts. I just downloaded the freebie, and will try this out later tonight. Hopefully, my layout will look at nice as yours.

Thank you for the freebie!!!
          Love it!
          Sandy

Comment

• GrannyScraps
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by fourfoxes View Post
            Here is my layout for the challenge. I love this kit Primavera Promises! Thanks so much for this freebie, Katie.
            This is a photo of my great niece Kaitlyn. Love this photo of her!

Debby, this picture of Kaitlyn is just perfect for the challenge!!! She looks like a little "fairy baby" in her bed of flowers..... Great job on the layout (and thanks for the nice comments about the kit, too).... Thanks for participating and sharing your layout with us!!! {{hugs}}
            God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• rosana brito
              Digi Sage
              • Jul 2006

Wowwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Omg! I Loved This Freebie Of The Groove, Thanks Very Much, Fabulous Colors,

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                Digi Sage
                • Nov 2007

Here's my layout! Love these colors and since I already have the main kit, this freebie makes a great add-on! Thanks a bunch, Grannyscraps!

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• sacannon
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Aug 2006

Wow, this is awesome. Will look forward to this when I get back home.
                  [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Melons
                    • Feb 2008

right here is my first go, I like these challenges so I may well have another go

I used this picture not because it was anything special but mainly because the colour matched the blue, it was one that hubby snapped when I was unaware lol
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Granny
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Mar 2006

all you ladies did an gorgeous job with this lovely kit!!! I hope I can find the time to do this. Kathy... Great kit!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• jillyv
                        • Oct 2007

The Groove Challenge -

This is my first upload - my grandaughter dancing! Still trying to learn all the different ways of using Scapbook Max - love it! Still in the early stages of digital scrapbooking and looking forward to joining in on the Groove challenges!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jillyv; 03-01-2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Melons
                          • Feb 2008

is it ok if we use the paper squares like this? I have made them into smaller squares almost tile like, not sure if this is ok or we should be using them as bigger or doesnt it matter as such lol...sorry new to all these challenges..anyways this is my husband and daughter, and love this picture black and white but thought that it was a great background for adding some of the lovely spring colours onto
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Tiffanys Scraps
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Dec 2007

I'm gonna try this challenge. This makes two this month..Wish me luck girls...Kathie this sample is so beautiful...how could I not try it. Thanks

Thanks Donna!

My Buddies are..eye,Moonlightpearl,twpclerk,Linda Pete, Pink Lollipop,Smile, Jenna's mommy,Vanessa,Knzus

Comment

• fourfoxes
                              Digi Sage
                              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Melons View Post
                              right here is my first go, I like these challenges so I may well have another go

I used this picture not because it was anything special but mainly because the colour matched the blue, it was one that hubby snapped when I was unaware lol
                              Love the layout. Very creative.

Debby
                              My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

Working...
                              X