X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • critterlady62
    • Aug 2008

Easy way to see pages side by side

It would be nice to be able to view two pages together. I am planning on printing out my scrapbook and I would like to be able to view the double page spread together and verify that things line up etc. I know I can use the rulers along the sides but I still would like to be able to have the visual of them together.
  • Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

Thanks for the suggestion! A way to edit pages side by side is on our (very long) todo list.

For now you can use the Print Preview feature to see two pages side by side: choose File > Print Preview from the menu, and then click the Two Pages button at the top.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• critterlady62
      • Aug 2008

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

• juliescraps
        Layout Whiz
        • Aug 2007

Yes that would be great Lorne!!!! I do the preview already, thank you.

Comment

• Daydreamer
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2010

I guess I'm a bit unconventional. When scrapping a double pager, what I do is change the page settings . . . So if I'm doing a 12x12 layout, I adjust the width to 24inch, keeping the height 12. My rulers guide me as to where the middle is. I then scrap the 2 pages side by side. When I'm done & happy with the effect of my 2 page layout (side by side), I duplicate the page then delete one page on each (for the left page - delete the right and vice versa). When I'm done I change the settings back to 12x12. . . and hey presto I have my 2 pages/layouts and know that it looks great together.
          There may be an easier way. . . Let's hear what the other scrappers say . . .

Comment

• makeyesup
            Digi Sage
            • Jun 2006

Great idea so that you can work on both together and make changes as you go. Sounds like a much better idea that just to keep looking at the preview. Smart thinking.

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
            I guess I'm a bit unconventional. When scrapping a double pager, what I do is change the page settings . . . So if I'm doing a 12x12 layout, I adjust the width to 24inch, keeping the height 12. My rulers guide me as to where the middle is. I then scrap the 2 pages side by side. When I'm done & happy with the effect of my 2 page layout (side by side), I duplicate the page then delete one page on each (for the left page - delete the right and vice versa). When I'm done I change the settings back to 12x12. . . and hey presto I have my 2 pages/layouts and know that it looks great together.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• terri33
              • Jun 2009

I agree this would be very useful! When I paper scrap that's almost always how I work, while the work arounds suggested are ways to do it, they're not that convenient.

Comment

• Mylinnofeq
                • Jan 2007

Bumping! Will slow my machine down - maybe but for my artist trading cards (ATC), this will be perfect! All 9 LO's on one page then I can separate them however I chose.

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post

Comment

• Lana
                  • Jun 2017

Guys thanks a lot for your posts. They are so informative and helped me too.

Comment

• heritageseeker
                    • Sep 2006

I've been using Scrapbookmax off and on for many years now. Over the years i've lost the long number that came with the disk to authorize i own the disk. What I want to know is , is there a way if I buy another disk that I can access all my albums already done and additional kits i've bought and be able to work on more than one computer?

Comment

• Karin
                      • Jan 2006

Hello!

Can you please clarify - are you trying to install your software on a new computer? Also, what version of the software are you currently using/trying to install?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X