Problems inserting transparent background pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamybear
    • Feb 2006

Problems inserting transparent background pictures?

i tried to insert a picture that has a transparent background (i made the background transparent via Photoshop), but somehow when i drag it into the program, i end up with the picture having a white background?
  • Corey
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2006

Hi, sounds like you might have forgotten to turn off the background layer maybe, or had your transparency checkbox unchecked. Try this, go back into Photoshop and make sure there's no background on, i.e. you should see the familiar grey and white checkerboard. Then go to FILE > SAVE FOR WEB and choose PNG24 from the format pulldown menu, and enure that the "transparency" checkbox is checked. Then save the image and when you bring it into Scrapbook MAX! you will have seamless transparency. Keep us posted.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• dreamybear
      • Feb 2006

wow! that was a miracle!

i could swear that my jpeg had a transparent background (i could see the checkered photoshop background), but when i dragged it into ScrapbookMAX, it would somehow give me a white background...so i figured i would change it into a GIF with a transparent background...same problem....saved it as a PNG...same problem....

so what i'm wondering now is...why would Save For Web give me different results? what was the reasoning behind your suggestion? i really need to learn more photoshop stuff ^^

Comment

• Corey
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2006

Hi. Well it's more to do with the formats themselves than Photoshop per se. Basic JPEG format offers no transparency. Images saved in JPEG format become "matted" whereever there is transparency, resulting in a 100% solid image. GIF offers transparency but very limited. This is more suitable for web pages, etc. PNG24 is the ultimate of these three for transparency as it carries a complete alpha channel, this is an extra "layer" in the image which can map perfect transparency. So PNG24 allows you to do soft shadows, glows, etc. That's why it was chosen as the preferred format for embellishments.

As for Photoshop I'm a bit biased but I agree, we all need to learn more Photoshop.
        Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

Working...
        X