• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

Mid Month Challenge - hosted by Carena

Moonbeam can't make it this month so Carena has kindly stepped in - have fun xxx

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

WOW - that was fast Fiona. Well guys you may need to wait a little longer before I get the chance to post challenge. Here right now it's 8.20am Thursday and I have to get Caitlyn off to school and then I volunteer for 1 hour at school to help the kids with maths. So as soon as I get back from that - you will have my undivided attention. See you all soon in just a few hours. Hugs.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Comment

• Carena
      Digi Sage
      • Jun 2007

Here I am with the challenge. I hope you will enjoy this one and also get the chance to try out new techniques.

It's a Scraplift Challenge - This means you look at the example layout and I have browsed the gallery and found this one by Diane that I particually liked. What you do is something in a similar manner. You keep the basic pattern of the layout but you use your own photo's and kits that you have in your stash.

So STEPS:
      1. Decide on a paper that is suited to the photo you are going to overlay over the paper. IN Diane's case - she had a grey/blue paper that suited the greys/white of the photo. Be sure not to choose too much of a patterned paper as it will distract from the photo when you overlay and lower opacity of the photo.

2. Now place photo over the top to cover across the entire paper as Diane has. If you have Version 2 - this is where you can now go in and erase parts of the photo so along the top and bottom. Use a fuzzy brush size - (not a hard edge so it needs to be one that is soft). You can also make it softer still by lowering the opacity of the brush. Now run it along while moving up and down to give the up and down effect.
      NOTE: If you have version 1 - then you don't have eraser - I recommend you use a photo shape instead on your photo.

3. Play around with the photo and lower the opacity of it so some of the paper below will blend and show through the photo. This you will need to play with yourself to get the desired effect that you want.

4. Make a cluster for both left and right side with the right side cluster hanging off the edge of the page. This makes it look good because if you have everything fully on the page it leaves nothing to the imagination of the viewer. When it is cut off - then you mind will fill in what is missing. You want to leave your viewer of your page wanting more. It makes it much more interested to the eye and mind.

5. Now choose a song or poem or verse or write something yourself. Don't center it but put it off to the side like Diane. Also adds interest. You don't want to line all your ducks in a row on the fence but rather have one falling off the end so to speak - it adds interest again. Another thing is you might like to choose a dark colour for your text, something that matches with your page. We all love black I know but sometimes it's good to try another colour. Be sure what you have chosen is pleasing to the eye. Diane has used "Winter Wonderland" in a lovely blue that matches perfectly with her layout. Really stunning. Don't forget to give your page a Title and add it somewhere other than at the top of the page. If you have a alpha pack - you might like to use that but otherwise, go for the regular text title.

Now hopefully I haven't made it too hard but at the same time give you a challenge. I simply can't wait to see your pages.
      I will message all participants with a PRIZE!

PS. Don't forget to visit Diane's lovely page by clicking on the image above and leave her some loving. She has done such a lovely job on this page. It's stunning and really caught my eye in the gallery. Congrats Diane on being in the spotlight for this challenge. LOL. I Hope you don't mind.
      Remember - this is no theme for this - you can choose whatever you like - it doesn't have to be winter. Entirely your choice. Have fun.
      Last edited by Carena; 05-16-2012, 06:36 PM.
      Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Wendy M
        Mad Scrapper
        • Feb 2012

Will have a go as soon as I can have my PC back!!! Hubby is home doing some uni assignments and I am struggling with only one screen!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
          • Nov 2011

I got in first woo hoo!! lol

Good challenge Carena

Here is my attempt, using my own kit, and a poem by Lord Tennyson!

Comment

• ksd_24_f
            Layout Whiz
            • Nov 2009

Great challenge, beautiful scraplift Wrench! I'll be back with mine later as well.

Comment

• Saviscrap
              • Nov 2011

Thank you Kel, looking forward to seeing everyone elses

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                Layout Whiz
                • Nov 2009

Man, I hate clustering! I totally suck at it.. that's why I love your kits so much Careena, they are usually already clustered!! LOL This was good practice for sure.
                I used Michelle's kit Birthday Bash.. can I just say.. this kit is soooooo fantastic!!!! OMG, so much stuff, such amazing colors, I just love it

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by ksd_24_f View Post
                  Man, I hate clustering! I totally suck at it.. that's why I love your kits so much Careena, they are usually already clustered!! LOL This was good practice for sure.
                  I used Michelle's kit Birthday Bash.. can I just say.. this kit is soooooo fantastic!!!! OMG, so much stuff, such amazing colors, I just love it
                  Great job on the layout. Love the bright party feel. Looks to be a great kit. Don't give up on clustering though. The more you do it, the better you will get. Flowers are a easy way to learn with as it's just like making flower arrangements then. LOL.

Kay - beautiful - wonderful soft colors you have used. Great job.
                  Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• SBM Diane
                    Digi Sage
                    • Sep 2010

Thank you Carena! I am honored! Enjoy the challenge everyone!

Comment

• fonzzy
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Feb 2011

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

Mine....

Comment

• Wendy M
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Feb 2012

Comment

• Carena
                            Digi Sage
                            • Jun 2007

Beautiful pages.
                            Marion - Love you page but seems you're avoiding clusters. LOL Don't you like making them? Love the page all the same. Awesome. Hugs.
                            Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                              Digi Sage
                              • Nov 2007

Here's mine! Hoping to get back into scrapping again. I cheated a bit and used a paper that already had a verse and edge cluster started. I added to the cluster on the left and created the cluster on the right. I used Carena's Garden Magic kit for this....one of my absolute fav kits, EVER! If you browse my gallery, you'll find I use pieces of it alot! (Hope this works. Been SO long I'm not sure I remember how to post the pic in the thread.)

Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Working...
                              X