• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WendyG
    Mad Scrapper
    • Jun 2006

teacher gifts

what do you give your childs teachers at school year end...or if you are a teacher, what would you love to receive...lol
    Have a great day!!! ..........Wendy
    Come see my kits in the ScrapbookMax! Store!!
  • LSignal
    • Jul 2007

Forget the gift I would like a personal note from a student or parent more than anything, else.
    Linda
    My buddies are twpclerk & moonlightpearl

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by LSignal View Post
      Forget the gift I would like a personal note from a student or parent more than anything, else.
      I agree 100%. We aren't allowed to accept gifts at all whatever our role within the council. It would mean the world to get a letter of appreciation
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• WendyG
        Mad Scrapper
        • Jun 2006

seriously!!!???? you can't accept gifts? even at elementary school level? wow....we do it all the time here....the kids love picking out or making something for their teachers! I am making gift boxes from scratch and might make a magnet to put inside them.....with a quote on the magnet....thinking thinking...lol
        Last edited by WendyG; 06-06-2008, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

now our council in hampshire allows giving gifts, poor teachers normally end up with a ton of chocolates as this is what most kids buy them

in the store i work in we have lots of gifts for teachers, little angel ornaments with signs saying 'best teacher' or holding books, magnets with phrases, metal book marks, picture frames etc but by far the most popular teacher gift os sale....the stress apple ...it's a red apple squeezy stress ball lol

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• WendyG
            Mad Scrapper
            • Jun 2006

i like the apple idea....lol....wonder if that might fit in my boxes..

Comment

• Vanessa
              Digi Sage
              • Apr 2008

I always used to get my children to make a special cake box and we would bake biscuits and small cakes for the teachers at the end of the year, then they would go in the boxes tied with a ribbon and a personal thank you from my daughters or son.

Comment

• *eng*
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2006

Our council has gone into overdrive with everything! We have to give ny gift accepted, if it would offend not to, to the mayors fund which amongst other things is used to buy gift vouchers for a supermarket, for the elderly at Christmas. The elderly in turn give them to their families to spend as they don't want them
                My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

WOW! Eng that is a shame that the students can't give their teachers a gift of appreciation. Teachers work hard and play a very important role in our children's lives-they deserve gifts of any kind.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Vanessa
                    Digi Sage
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                    Our council has gone into overdrive with everything! We have to give ny gift accepted, if it would offend not to, to the mayors fund which amongst other things is used to buy gift vouchers for a supermarket, for the elderly at Christmas. The elderly in turn give them to their families to spend as they don't want them
                    And you wonder why some of us are just a little bit sick of the nanny state that we live in being so politically correct all the time. We get a little bit fed up with the Big Brother is Watching You feeling.

I agree our teacher's work **** (sorry) hard with lovely little kids until they get to about 11-12 and then they have to cope with obnoxious brats after that. Why can't the accept token gifts from children who just want to say Thank You. After all manners cost nothing and the memory is everlasting.

Comment

• angelwithin
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Nov 2006

just a thought.....do your schools do the yearly class photos with the teacher in the shot? (i know i have tons from when mine were younger) how about a keyfob with that class photo & a message on the other side - laminate it and add a pretty key fob

you could use autisticwonders key chain (i'll post up the link if i could ever find it again ...its somewhere in the freebies sections words needle haystack come to mind lol)

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                      , Check out my store
                      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Working...
                      X