• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • angelwithin
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Nov 2006

February Designer Challenge Hosted by Angelwithin

Just as you thought it was safe on site I have come back to haunt you all Yes you have the pleasure of my company for a whole month!!!

Pimp that Photo!

Let's focus on the photographs instead of the overall design of the layout this month, so often beautiful photographs and cherished memories get buried beneath a ton of pretty embellishments, so this month i'd like you to play with your photographs!

There are so many wonderful effects you can do with the advanced tools in Scrapbook Max! So Lets play with them.

Attached are some simple things you can do in the advanced tools.

Once you have finished playing with your photo then it is time to scrap it.

Pimp that Photo!

Rules:

1) Using the advanced tools adjust your photo to show its true beauty.
    2) Scrap a page using the adjusted photo (please note rule 3)
    3) You may only use 1 paper/background, up to 5 embellishments and 1 adjust photo per page.
    4) your page must be uploaded to the gallery and either the link or image placed in this thread
    5) All pages are to be uploaded by Wednesday 24th February
    6) A Vote will take place from Thursday 25th until Saturday 27th
    7) A 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize will be awarded to the pages voted with the most interesting photo effects that also abide by rule 3
    Attached Files

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

• ksd_24_f
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2009

OHHH I sooooooooooooooo love this challenge!! This is definitely one for me because I am probably the WORST at hiding my pictures behind embellishments!! I just get so darn 'scrap happy'!!
    K, I hope I can figure it out! Thanks for the challenge.
    Kelly

Comment

• MarthaT
      Mad Scrapper
      • Jan 2009

Sounds Like a great challenge
      Be Happy

Comment

• sacannon
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Aug 2006

I will throw something together for this. I haven't done a challenge for a while!
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

i look forward to seeing your pages

, Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• bluevelvet
            Mad Scrapper
            • Apr 2007

This is gonna be fun cause I have to admit I am one of those who like lotsa embies and before I know it my page is covered...Can't wait to get started! Thanks for a great challenge!!
            CHRISTINA

Comment

• omajo
              Digi Sage
              • Dec 2006

wooow, this is fun challenge, my son always says, why are the photos that small when you have a large page,.....
              Love to be part of the challenge, but I'm going for 6 weeks to see our new GD and no SBM software, flying to night, hope I still manage to dl it on CD
              oxox

My buddies: Nanwu, Moonlightpearl

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

Here is mine. This is my mom when she was a teenager. I used two copies of the same photo. I used the watercolor effects on the top copy and then lowered the opacity a touch. The background paper and embies I made for a challenge I hosted last year, but I altered the paper and frame for this in SBM.

http://
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• fourfoxes
                  Digi Sage
                  • Oct 2007

[QUOTE=sacannon;150519]Here is mine. This is my mom when she was a teenager. I used two copies of the same photo. I used the watercolor effects on the top copy and then lowered the opacity a touch. The background paper and embies I made for a challenge I hosted last year, but I altered the paper and frame for this in SBM.

Beautiful Sue!

Debby
                  My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• fourfoxes
                    Digi Sage
                    • Oct 2007

OK. I'm going to try my best to do this challenge. I love it! Thanks Angel! xxoo

Debby
                    My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• fourfoxes
                      Digi Sage
                      • Oct 2007

The Gift

Thanks for a great challenge Fiona! Here is my page for the challenge. The photo was taken at a friend's wedding of the bride's bouquet with the bridesmaid's flowers. It is a beautiful photo.

I used the following:

Techniques - Oil Painting and Sepia. I used a second copy of the same photo and made it transparent to show just a hint of color.

Supplies-
                      Paper - by Amber Baz @ K-joi (Made slightly transparent)
                      Embies - Crocheted edges by Kim Liddiard @ Digital Scrapbook Place
                      Victorian rose embie behind paper is mine.
                      Words - from The Christening Kit by Knzus available through SBM.

Last edited by fourfoxes; 02-01-2010, 10:37 PM.

Debby

Comment

• angelwithin
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Nov 2006

Excellent pages Sue & Debby simple yet so effective

, Check out my store
                        Here

Comment

• terrym0391
                          • Dec 2007

I need to see more examples to "get" it. I think I have a scrapping disorder hahha...keep them coming...

Comment

• pkdoll
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Dec 2006

This sounds like fun!! I think it's about time I get a challenge done and I love the photo altering ones!!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• bluevelvet
                              Mad Scrapper
                              • Apr 2007

More of my daughters book I am working on. I used Roses Kit by Crafty Scraps
                              Lace Frame by Ephemeral Victorian
                              SBM Crackle filter and used Home Sweet Home font with an outline and shadow.

CHRISTINA

Comment

Working...
                              X