• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spanielmom
    Layout Whiz
    • Nov 2006

July Mid-Month Challenge

Once again the 15th of the month has arrived and I'm still wondering what happend to the first 14 days! For the July Mid-Month Challenge, I decided to take a closer look at Scrapbook Max. When I first downloaded the trial version of SBM, I spent hours playing with it and trying out all its features. If you are like me, once you “Mastered” it, you were off, busy scrapping and looking through the forums for goodies! I have spent countless hours downloading kits to use for my creations. So much so, that I have forgotten about the original items that came with SBM. Your challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to make some templates using only items that came with the original files of SBM. Try to make some new templates with the original kits SBM has on their CD. To get you started, I have done two. I used the kits Scotty and Retro Fall that you will find on your SBM CD. Keep in mind you need your name or initials somewhere in the name to keep it unique. Please be sure to upload your templates and screen shots here to this thread. Since everything being used comes from original SBM content, it is shareable with the Scrapbook Max Family here on the forums. Happy Scrapping!
    Attached Files
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

What a good idea, going back to basics!!!!

Comment

• sacannon
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Aug 2006

Yep, that is a great idea. I haven't looked a those for a long time.
      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• pkdoll
        Scrap Guru
        • Dec 2006

That sounds great! Hoping that I can get into this challenge. With the GK's coming and going rest of summer and working full time I find there just isn't enough time for what I want to all do.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
          Layout Whiz
          • Dec 2006

Great idea ....... will be good for finding inspiration in what we already have.
          Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• pkdoll
            Scrap Guru
            • Dec 2006

Bouncing their way to fun

Here is my mid-july entry. I can't get it small enough to put in the template. It's too big!! But here's the screenshot.
            Attached Files

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• spanielmom
              Layout Whiz
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by pkdoll View Post
              Here is my mid-july entry. I can't get it small enough to put in the template. It's too big!! But here's the screenshot.
              I had the same trouble doll---I cleared the images and optimized the embellishments and then it was small enough. Love the layout.

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

Here is my try at the challenge. I used the wave kit. There weren't any full papers in the kit so I used paper scrap that came with the program. I used a shape from the Basic shape folder on one of them.

This is my Aunt and my cousins that live in Northern Maryland. We were able to stop by and visit with them at the end of our trip. We went out to dinner at a place on the Chesapeak.
                Attached Files
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• pkdoll
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Dec 2006

Extreme Makeover

I'm not sure this counts-I used background paper from Heather ABC (SBM Kit), paper scrap from SBM kit and the frames and embie from SBM user freebies.

I took the pictures out of the smt so that I could upload it.

Extreme Makeover-Home Edition was just a few miles from my home and these pictures are the end result. It rained almost everyday they were here, but they still finished on time!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• spanielmom
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Nov 2006

Wow doll! Did you get on TV? That sure is one huge house.
                    Sac - Love the new layout with the Wave kit.

Don't forget everyone all the individual papers that came with SBM also. There are a ton of them!

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Dec 2006

Had great fun doing this one, might try another.
                      Think most of this is from Heathers ABC with a few elements [coloured in SBM] from Brighter Daze. The background is from Plum Pudding and there is also a butterfly from Butterfly kisses.

Hope you enjoy.
                      My Girl
                      Attached Files
                      Sue xx

Comment

• pkdoll
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Dec 2006

No I didn't get on tv-but I did see Ty!! He sure is cute!

Comment

• wolvsie35
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2007

My page

I used my favorite one to play with...called Paper Dolls...The stick people are so cute in this one....The little girl in my preview page is a girl I babysit...She is a doll... I did alot of cropping on the 'all girl' beads, to put on the frame and journal page...the frame was made from the ribbon in that kit...
                          Attached Files
                          I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Dec 2006

I went bright this time

I used all sorts of stuff in this one.
                            Papers are from "Best Buddies"
                            Border is from "Believe in yourself" and coloured in SBM
                            Flower is from "Paper Dolls" and coloured in SBM
                            Beads and Dragonflies from "Life is a Garden"
                            Oh forgot to add, the blue photo paper is from Patterns Vol 1 #0093

I'm hooked, can't stop making these, I will say one thing I wish I could change the colour of the BGs and scraps.

Here it is and hope you enjoy.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by AmeliasMuma; 07-19-2007, 08:02 PM.
                            Sue xx

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

Very creative! thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X