• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • judifa
    • Apr 2012

Problems with Scrap Max 2 Need Help !!!

Hello
    I am having a problem with scrap max. When I try to add an emby from any of my kits the embies come on and go off then repeats itself. They are not on long enough to add anything to the page. It is a continuous on and off blinking. I could use a lot of help. It does this on all of the kits I have. I click the emby icon then the kit then everything blinks on and off. Thanks in advance.
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Hello!

Have you made any changes recently to your computer at all, for instance any new Windows updates?

K

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Also - a workaround for right now is to try draggging and dropping content onto your page rather than browsing for it through the program's menu or icons. Have you tried that? Does that work?

Comment

• judifa
        • Apr 2012

Hello and thank you for your quick response. No, I have not added anything, and I do not know how to do the drag and drop. So I quess I am still stuck. I can go to them through another program but I don't see the embies and I have to click on each one to see them and this is just tooooooo much! Can this problem be fixed?
        Thank you,
        Judy

Comment

• Karin
          • Jan 2006

Drag and drop is quite simple to do.

You open up Scrapbook MAX!, and open up the project you want to work on.

Then, open up the folder where your scrapbook items are stored in another window.

Then, select the item you want to use, and drag it onto the page.

You'll be asked if you want to add the item as a photo, background, paper scrap etc. - choose the option you want and select ok.

The item will be added to your page.

In the video tutorial called "Adding Embellishments to Scrapbooking Pages" we show drag and drop. The video can be found here:

Click play - the Drag and Drop method is demonstrated at about 4 minutes into this tutorial.

Hope that helps!

Karin
          Last edited by Karin; 11-25-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• judifa
            • Apr 2012

Hello, I still cannot access my embies in scrapmax. I have looked at the tutorial but I didn't see anything on the drag and drop all I saw was resizing pictures and how to add them. I have had a good cry and have decided that digital scrapbooking is too nerve racking and expensive. Thank you anyway.
            Judifa

Comment

• Karin
              • Jan 2006

Hi Judy,

On the video tutorial page found here

...there is a video called "Adding Embellishments to Scrapbooking Pages". I believe it is the 7th video, so you have to scroll down to find it.

If you watch it, at about the 4 minute mark, we demonstrate "Drag and Drop". The narrator talks about how you can bring in embellishments from other places on your computer (I'm not sure if she ever says "drag and drop" but that is what she is doing.) This method can be used to add any object to your page - papers, backgrounds, photos or embellishments.

I hope that information helps - it sounds like you might not have been watching the right video.

Karin
              Last edited by Karin; 11-27-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• judifa
                • Apr 2012

Hello, I can't add a picture if they are constantly blinking on and off. It does this on everything I try ,embies ,pictures ;mask; shapes etc. It blinks, adds an emby, blinks off, adds another emby and so on . I have waited as long as 20 to 25 mins for all the embies to come up that are in the kits.
                thank you,
                Judy

Comment

• Karin
                  • Jan 2006

Are you saying that this is also happening when you drag and drop? Or just when you are trying to add things to your page by using the buttons in the program (which as I understand is the original problem)?

K

Comment

• judifa
                    • Apr 2012

Hello, I have watched the video and have tried the drag and drop method ,however when I try to drag an emby on to the scrap max page I get an error message which says " Cannot copy the source and destination files are the same." I tried this with em ies from the scrap max (which still flashes. )I also tried it with embies from another kit and they flashed also when I brought them into the program and the message remains the same. I made a scrapbook page today with an older program I have (American Greetings Scrapbooks and More.) and I had no problem at all. The embies did not flash . This only happens in the scrap max program.
                    Thank you for your efforts,
                    Judy

Comment

• Wendy M
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Feb 2012

Have you uninstalled and re installed? Make a backup of your files so you can just restore when your done

Comment

• KapiScrap
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Jun 2010

Wendy,

That won't change anything... I thought that it would, but nops. I have uninstalled everything related to SBM, reinstalled... made different tests... well that took me almost one day to try to understand the issues... unsuccessfully. I don't want to reinstall my system as I have too many programs to install and configure... that would mean several days for such a task.

My Windows hasn't been updated as it's very secure. So that's something else... The issue has occured suddenly.

Judifa,

About the error when you drag and drop. Please shut down SBM and retry. Be sure to add .png files as embies... and .jpg files as papers.

Sandrine
                        Last edited by KapiScrap; 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM.
                        KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Monkey Toes Too
                          Mad Scrapper
                          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by judifa View Post
                          Hello, I have watched the video and have tried the drag and drop method ,however when I try to drag an emby on to the scrap max page I get an error message which says " Cannot copy the source and destination files are the same." I tried this with em ies from the scrap max (which still flashes. )I also tried it with embies from another kit and they flashed also when I brought them into the program and the message remains the same. I made a scrapbook page today with an older program I have (American Greetings Scrapbooks and More.) and I had no problem at all. The embies did not flash . This only happens in the scrap max program.
                          Thank you for your efforts,
                          Judy
                          Judy,

For the drag and drop please do not use any of the drop down menus in SBM. Open your photo file on your computer and click on to the photo you want and drag it (don't worry you will still have the copy of the photo in your file) and hover over the SBM in the computer task bar. This will open SBM again and continue to drag the photo onto your page. Once you release the mouse SBM will ask you what type of item this. Just make your selection and you are good to go. You will have to click onto any of the items - papers, elements or photos to add shadows or shapes. As far as accessing your SBM files. Go to your my documents folder and find the one labelled Scrapbook Max. Once you open that folder all your papers and emblems are all there. Do the same as my instructions for the photos for papers, backgrounds and emblems and you are good to go. If you change the view of your folders to thumbnails all the pictures show up.

The drag and drop method is time consuming but it does work. I just learned how to use this function yesterday. I'm not happy about it but it does beat waiting for the elements and whatnot to stop flashing.

If you need any more help feel free to e-mail me and I will help you. ScrappinMonkey@rocketmail. (no g in my e-mail address).

I hope this helps you, Kim
                          Kim Goodman

Proudly CT for Kapiscrap & Art and Digi Cyber Scraps

Comment

• judifa
                            • Apr 2012

I have made a backup of all my programs but I am somewhat leary of uninstalling scrapmax as I have read where others have had a problem reinstalling it to their computers. I don't know if this will help. I hope you are not having the same problem. Thank you for your suggestion. If all else fails I may try that as I don't seem to have a whole lot to lose.

Comment

• judifa
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by KapiColors View Post
                              Wendy,

That won't change anything... I thought that it would, but nops. I have uninstalled everything related to SBM, reinstalled... made different tests... well that took me almost one day to try to understand the issues... unsuccessfully. I don't want to reinstall my system as I have too many programs to install and configure... that would mean several days for such a task.

My Windows hasn't been updated as it's very secure. So that's something else... The issue has occured suddenly.

Judifa,

About the error when you drag and drop. Please shut down SBM and retry. Be sure to add .png files as embies... and .jpg files as papers.

Sandrine
                              Hello and thank you for your suggestions. I assume you are having the same problem (ugh). When I tried the drag and drop method I thought I was doing as you suggested but I will try it again. I have had no updates and this issue occurred suddenly. I have another program that I am using to do my pages. I have not had any problem with my embies or anything else in this program. It only happens in Scrap Max.
                              I have called a computer person to come and check my system to find out where the problem lies.

If I find what is causing the problem I will be happy to let you and others know. It may be very helpful.
                              Thank you and have a nice day!
                              Judy (aka) Judifa
                              Last edited by judifa; 11-29-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X