X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lemonade6363
    • Aug 2009

Color Dropper Help in updated version

I noticed that the new 2.02.00 upgrade says that we can now use the color dropper to recolor embellishments, etc. I am taking it to mean that we can use it like we have been using it to color text, say if we want the text to match another color in the layout. I, however, have not been able to figure out how to do this. Have gone to the Advanced tab when I have an embellie open, but it just shows the slides. I have checked to be sure that my update downloaded correctly and it shows that I am using the updated version. I am really enjoying all of the tutorials!! Can someone help me with this?

Thank you!!
    Proud Marine Mom who loves to scrap those grandsons...and, oh yeah, the rest of the family, too!

• Lorne
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2006

Make sure "Relative" is unchecked for the Hue and Saturation sliders.

It only works when the hue slider has "Relative" turned off, since that's the only time choosing a specific color hue is possible.

Same goes for the saturation slider -- the slider will be set to the saturation of the color you click on if its "Relative" check box is unchecked.
    Lorne ( )
    Scrapbook MAX! Software Developer

Comment

• MrsPeel
      • Feb 2009

OK, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what is being said (but that is due to my not being a native English speaker, plus age and medication) but I have been wondering about the color dropper:

when I click on More colors, it opens the dropper. Fine until here.
      but then, if I want to click to choose a shade within the hexagon, it wont do it...
      Is it that this is like that? only the color in the hexagon? or can one pick within a scale of the color?
      I know there is more than one blue, more than one red, but sometimes those are not the shade I want.
      I can work well never the less, it's just (because of what you just explained) maybe there is the possibility of even more?
      I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Comment

• MrsPeel
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
        Make sure "Relative" is unchecked for the Hue and Saturation sliders.

It only works when the hue slider has "Relative" turned off, since that's the only time choosing a specific color hue is possible.

Same goes for the saturation slider -- the slider will be set to the saturation of the color you click on if its "Relative" check box is unchecked.
        Thank you so much for that....
        I decided to go try it, in case it did fit what I wanted to do...(I know I can be a bit difficult at explaining things in ENglish, none would believe that I was a givernment interpreter once! LOL) well, it did more tha sort what I was asking for...brilliant.
        The more I play around with this program, the more I love it!
        I wanted to go out and change the world, but couldn't find a babysitter..

I came and they follow: my sisters are Scrapaholicsherry & akela- My wonderful & talented friends are dillie1-eye-kimmyann-lemonade6363-sylvia esther & wolvsie35

Comment

• lemonade6363
          • Aug 2009

Absolutely AWESOME!!! Thank you, so much, for the help!! Looks like we killed two birds with one stone...LOL!
          Proud Marine Mom who loves to scrap those grandsons...and, oh yeah, the rest of the family, too!

Comment

Working...
          X