X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nnorcutt
    • Mar 2006

Birthday Boy kit

Here's the kit that goes along with the Birthday Boy template. Hope you like it!
    Attached Files
  • lilbinkey
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by nnorcutt
    Here's the kit that goes along with the Birthday Boy template. Hope you like it!
    OHH I Love it thanks so much for sharing..
    Binkey

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

Tfs

Thanks so much for sharing this darling kit. You create the neatest things. I went to the "curling" website and realized I'm so grateful for you talented people who create templates and embellishments so I don't have to!!
      Julie

Comment

• KristyAnn
        Mad Scrapper
        • Feb 2006

thank youuuuuuuuuuu just beautiful
        Happy scrapping !

Comment

• Squeak
          • May 2006

Love the curled paper! How did you do that? I would like to learn, too!

Comment

• nnorcutt
            • Mar 2006

I bought the Paper Curl program from http://www.avbros.com. It is very easy to use & fun. Not too expensive either.

Comment

• Luna
              • Jun 2006

Thanks

Thank you for sharing.
              Luna

Comment

• Squeak
                • May 2006

Nnorcutt
                I looked at the program, but I can't seem to figure out how you made the ribbon. Is it two differnt ribbons tied together? The download doesn't have a tutorial and I can't seem to find one anyplace. Did you find a tutorial or did you just keep playing with it till you got something that looked like a folded ribbon? I did figure out how to make a spiral.
                Last edited by Squeak; 07-24-2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• nnorcutt
                  • Mar 2006

It is two separate ribbons put together. I made the ribbon in Photoshop, opened up the Page Curl filter, and curled the ribbon. Back in Photoshop I copied the curled ribbon, flipped it so it was going in the other direction and put the two together. Then I did some erasing to make it look like the two were overlapping. I added the brad to cover up some of the space where the two ribbons met. Hope that helps.

I just reread your post & was wondering which ribbon you meant. What I wrote above is for the curled ribbon. If you meant the folded one, it's pretty much the same process. The page curl program has a fold option, but I usually just make folded ribbons with Photoshop. I make the ribbon, trim the edges how I want them, copy & paste, then rotate them a little bit.
                  Last edited by nnorcutt; 07-25-2006, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Squeak
                    • May 2006

Thanks for the info. I was referring to the twisted one. It makes much more sense now that you told me it was two ribbons. I will give it a try.

Thanks again!

Squeak

PS
                    Did you try the puzzle maker?

Comment

• jazzieal
                      Digi Sage
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nnorcutt View Post
                      It is two separate ribbons put together. I made the ribbon in Photoshop, opened up the Page Curl filter, and curled the ribbon. Back in Photoshop I copied the curled ribbon, flipped it so it was going in the other direction and put the two together. Then I did some erasing to make it look like the two were overlapping. I added the brad to cover up some of the space where the two ribbons met. Hope that helps.

I just reread your post & was wondering which ribbon you meant. What I wrote above is for the curled ribbon. If you meant the folded one, it's pretty much the same process. The page curl program has a fold option, but I usually just make folded ribbons with Photoshop. I make the ribbon, trim the edges how I want them, copy & paste, then rotate them a little bit.
                      I did a google search on a tutorial in photoshop for curled ribbon and this post came up...didnt know if you knew you were giving lessons on the www...
                      My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• nnorcutt
                        • Mar 2006

Nope-I'm not talented enough to give lessons.

Comment

Working...
                        X