• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pickngrin
    Layout Whiz
    • Jul 2008

Mad and embarrassed

Ok so all of you my son started kindergarten a few weeks ago and you all told me all these horror stories. Well there is one you all forgot to tell me, the gross stuff that passes through schools. After three days of being there Cameron caught what we thought was a little cold. Well fast forward 2 weeks and he was still coughing, so we took him to the dr. and it was bronchitis (got that beat though)
    Well Friday my husband and I had a wedding rehearsal to go to (I was the photographer and he had to play his guitar) so Cameron stayed with my sister in law. We got home around 7:30 or so and Mark went to pick him up and he didn't want to come home just yet so we let him stay a little while longer. My sister in law called me and said that Cameron had been scratching his head alot. SO she checked him and guess what she saw!!! Yep you got it, LICE!! I was SOOOOOOO mad and embarrassed. My kid is not a dirty child and we scrub his head nightly (I know lice is not a dirty kid thing, but still) so I sent my husband out at 9:30 to get a remedy for it and we doused him with the stuff and combed and combed until almost midnight. I boiled all of his clothes and bed sheets. The next day I didn't see too many lice in his hair except for a few dead ones. He stayed with another sister in law Saturday while we were at the wedding and said they didn't see anything. Well he got home today and I saw like three little dead ones on the nape of his neck so I went BACK to Walmart and got a stronger remedy and I combed his hair out with that painful little fine tooth metal comb again for about an hour. There is NO LICE AT ALL now!!
    Now I have to tell his teacher tomorrow that someone brought lice to school and they need to check EVERY head, I just hope nobody makes fun of him or avoid him at all. In fact I pray that his name is never mentioned. It scares me to think of anyone making fun of him for something that is NOT his fault. He didn't start it.
    I am sorry this post is so long but I had to vent, stuff like this makes me angry because somewhere out there is a child scratching like crazy and the parents aren't paying attention to it. I know it happens and it is nothing to fret over, but it makes my skin crawl.
    Thanks for listening to me rant. I am not usually a freak out sort of mom, but this is something else.

My buddies are Crops2Dawn and AutisticWonder
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Oh Nooooo doesnt sound like any fun! But dont be embarrassed!!! I am sure this happens to alot of peeps!
    I think you missed one......

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• crops2dawn
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

You might want to try this for dinner.....

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• pickngrin
        Layout Whiz
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
        You might want to try this for dinner.....

You stink weed!!! Thanks for making me laugh about it though.

Comment

• Winnie49
          Layout Whiz
          • Mar 2006

Thats too funny crops!!! nice picture!
          Well Picklngrin! you dont have to be embarassed, this tiny animals are in the entire world!!!!!! last year in the class of my oldest girl Stefania a couple of girls have it but she never have them, hope your Cameron is better now and in his class the teacher do something, here we need an authorizathion of their dr to go back to school, well hope you dont have to fight with this animals, anymore, in spanish lice is piojo and in italian pidocchi
          Baci and good luck
          Wendy
          Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Comment

• pickngrin
            Layout Whiz
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Winnie49 View Post
            Thats too funny crops!!! nice picture!
            Well Picklngrin! you dont have to be embarassed, this tiny animals are in the entire world!!!!!! last year in the class of my oldest girl Stefania a couple of girls have it but she never have them, hope your Cameron is better now and in his class the teacher do something, here we need an authorizathion of their dr to go back to school, well hope you dont have to fight with this animals, anymore, in spanish lice is piojo and in italian pidocchi
            Baci and good luck
            Wendy
            In "my house" language they are "disgusting little ______" that MUST GO!!! hee hee.
            We didn't actually call them lice in front of Cameron, I didn't want him to go to school proudly announcing he had lice. We just called them little bugs. Don't know if that was the right thing to do but it seemed right at the time, plus I am taking him to the school nurse first thing tomorrow morning and have her clear him to go to his class and plus telling his teacher and let them put out the head check announcement.

Comment

• crops2dawn
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Jul 2006

yes the whole point of this is to laugh it off, and hey what kinda friend would I be if I couldnt help when you are feeling all itchy and scratchy and stuff..... hahaha I got one more.... ready....... you can have this for breakfast tomorrow morning....

thats all I got....now excuse me while I go take a shower and scrub my hair for a few hours........hahaha

Comment

• pickngrin
                Layout Whiz
                • Jul 2008

Crops, I don't care what anyone says about you, I still like ya!!
                You should have seen me and Mark after Cameron finally went to bed that first night, we looked like apes out in the wild checking each other.

Comment

• crops2dawn
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

You should get a monkey.. I hear they love pickin' bugs! Go ask Granny if she will let you borrow one of hers....lol
                  I am thankful my girls never got them, ohhh man I couldnt even dream of that clean up...you gotta wash everything, including stuffed animals...
                  I am sure everything will go fine in the morning...

Comment

• Winnie49
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Mar 2006

Well for first lice experience was ok for you and your husband now you willprepare if there another lice time, hope never again but we never know it!!!!!!! good luck girl !
                    Wendy
                    Sacannon, Granny, Marion, Eye, OnieRN, *Eng*,Rosana,Angelwithin, Jamiept son mis amigas!!!!!

Comment

• eye
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Jul 2006

Well Dear I know how you feel.Sheena in grade 5 had a hard time.I had to cut her hair all off as everytimeI got rid of them she would get infested again.What happens is some cannot afford the stuff so therefore they are not treated and it spreads.Years ago when the health nurse was in schools they would treat them but now they do not.So now the druggist tells you to use vaseline and boy it takes weeks to remove that stuff but it works.
                      Also for all you dog loves Palmolive original dish soap is good.Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash them and it kills dog fleas.Got that from a dog groomer.Tried it and it works.
                      sigpic
                      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• sacannon
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Aug 2006

Don't be embarressed. It happens in all schools and pre-schools. I was visiting my sister in Florida. She was working and the pre-school called her at work to say that one of the kids in her girls class had lice so they checked the other kids and yep, her kids had lice too. So I ended up going to get them and I was the one scrubbing their head and combing them out. What fun! Not. I was so itchy after that. But tell your kids not to use combs/brushes etc from other kids. That is one of the ways they get them, although I don't think they have to do that to get them, it just makes it easier.
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• fourfoxes
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2007

Don't be embarrassed. This stuff happens all the time. I work in an elementary school and when this happens a note goes home and DOES NOT mention any child's name or classroom.

Debby
                          My buddies are Granny, Wolvsie35, angelwithin, twpclerk, moonlightpearl, Vanessa, Wickel, Smile, Eye and Pink Lollipop

Comment

• Helen Miller
                            Mad Scrapper
                            • Jun 2006

You gotta laugh about it.. brought back bad memories tho. I had a stationwagon full of kids, took them to great america, and half the neighborhood ended up with lice...they preferr clean heads tho.which I thought was interesting... and when we all went back to the dr...he said.....a great big overkill huh? My grand kids had it and their mom out of desperation sent them to school and overnight for 1 week dripping in baby oil from their hair...hasn't seen once since...that was about 4 years ago. so there is hope. and of course listening to the kids complain about the oil.....
                            Mickey

Mickey (Helen Miller)

Comment

• pkdoll
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Dec 2006

Yeah the old horror stories of lice infestation. Our grandsons got it sooo bad we had to shave their heads-and my daughter got it too-but with her we were able to treat it with the medicine and comb. With my daughter one of her friends mother and father would not let her come over any more. She got it from someone at school, but it didn't matter, they found out she had it too and she no longer was able to play with them or go to their house. My children were always clean, they always had clean clothes and we always had a clean house. Some people can be so cruel. But that was a very long time ago and I think people are more understanding now. Don't fret about it-it happens all the time.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

Working...
                              X