• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchellsarah
    • May 2006

How to make Templates

Hi Please help
    People are making scrapbooking pages (and they are great )

How do you make the photo template with out a photo do you know what i mean. when i download a templet you just double click and you go straight to your picture How do you make a template like that???????

I hope i have sound dum

Linda the dummy
    Mitchellsarah
    Linda
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Hi there!

No problem - to make a layout with a "placeholder" for a photo, first put a photo on your page, then right click on it. From the drop-down list that appears, choose "Clear Image" - your photo will disappear, but the spot that you've designated for a photo will remain.

If you want to create a template, follow the step-by-step instructions in this helpful thread:

To then upload your template to share it with us, if you'd like, follow these instructions:

Good luck - hope that helps! Can't wait to see some of your work in the template gallery! And don't ever hesitate to ask questions!

Karin

Comment

• mitchellsarah
      • May 2006

Thankyou for your help

Linda
      Mitchellsarah
      Linda

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

No problem at all -have fun!

Karin

Comment

• Karin
          • Jan 2006

Actually, an easier way to remove your photos IF you are making a template is to let SBM do it for you.

Simply choose File > Export Template, and then, in the dialog box that appears, keep the box beside "Remove Photos" checked. When your template is created, all photos will be automatically removed.

Sorry for giving you the hard way - although, there may be cases where this method is better, like if you've used a photo for a background and want to keep it in the template...it would be better in that case to remove the photos you want gone by hand...

Cheers,

Karin

Comment

• Ellenb
            • Mar 2006

Template question

Hi there,
            I made a template of the Father's Day layout I made and posted today in the gallery (Ellenb, 2006) and am curious. When I "open" the template in SM, I get one heart shaped photo spot, but the other two that were heartshaped are regular squares even though when I did the template all three pictures were heart shaped? Anyone know why?
            Ellen

Comment

Working...
            X