yes, I often have a "name of program not responding" message.
That's why I cleaned my comp. to make sure it wasn't infected etc.
Guess you're seeing the same thing.
My comp is only about 2 months old.
What have you done to resolve that?
Thanks for your help.
I wish there was a way to contact tech support with SBM directly
I've made several tests... I killed the windows explorer process... but the issue continues to occur... I have set the DEFAULT display options for both the folders and files... But that doesn't change anything...
About the technical support... as I'm based in France I contact them by email.
I think that Karin will reply to your request quickly.
I let you know as soon as I have news.
When you say that you have uninstalled and reinstalled Scrapbook MAX! you mean that you haven't uninstalled the expansion packs or any other booster packs, is it correct?
Let me check one thing.
Just cross fingers now :-)
OK. So try the following things...
1. For your photos...
Copy-paste your folders containing your photos somewhere else on your PC (in another directory)... or if you have a backup CD of your photos access to the photos using the CD... It should work.
2. Now try to uninstall one of your expansion packs... (don't uninstall Scrapbook MAX). If you don't know how to do please ask Karin :-) Once done... reboot your PC. Then reinstall your expansion pack and check that the issue doesn't occur anymore. If that works, then uninstall all your expansion packs as well as your booster packs... reboot your PC... and reinstall them.
I have installed a new booster pack and with a fresh installation there's no issue.
Looks like that for the photos it works well now...
Hope that it will work.
I have made additional tests today.
So... so... I have uninstalled Scrappbook MAX!, ALL my expansion packs as well as booster packs (ie removed all these folders)... and reinstalled them.
When you add an embellishment or a paperscrap via the menu Object > Embellishment (Paper scrap) it now blinks only a few seconds... the time to leod the items in the dialog... Well, it's reasonable... I would say that it's normal... BTW - I have always preferred the drag-and-drop method as the performances are always better and are REALLY GOOD. And this technique is really user friendly.
About my photos... I have changed their location on my internal disk. It always blinks but the time to load the thumbnails and the time depends of the number of files in the folder I'm loading... And I have huge folders. Once again that's reasonable... because the past days that wasn't reasonable at all. However I have noticed that if I select my photos from a backup CD/DVD or my external disk there's no blinking behaviour whereas the content of the folders are exactly the same ones. And the time required to load the photos is pretty good as it's immediate :-)
Well, I hope that it'll be helpful for you. If that works for me, there's no reason that it doesn't work for you.
BTW - I have also uninstalled Scrapbook MAX and reinstalled everything not in the default folder ie Program Files (x86) but in Programs. Why? because Windows 7 is locked everywhere (don't know why as it isn't so secured :-) even when you have admin priviledges so if you want to make an update it doesn't always work because of the writing priviledges.
OK for now.
So if you have any additional question, please let me know.
Just wanted to let you know... Unfortunately the issue always occurs...
I have always used the drag and drop method for the embies and papers. So the issue doesn't occur.
For adding photos I have to work in a different way…
I open a window to view my photos… then I keep in mind the file name and in SBM I only display the list to select the file in the popup.
For the past two weeks I have had a similar problem. When I select either a paper, element or photo all the items in those boxes shake and flash and I have to try and grab something before it starts flashing again. I haven't bought or installed any booster packs during this time and it doesn't matter where my info is stored at. I have even gone so far as to remove any non-essential file from my software.
I have been using the same computer for the past 6 years Windows XP and there is nothing wrong with my computer. I have spent the past 3 days alone just trying to resolve this issue and very upset as I just can't scrap. I suppose I could use my MyMemories software but I just don't like that. Up until this happened I was in LOVE with SBM.
Seems like no one is getting anywhere with SBM helping with again is disappointing.
Thanks for all the information and details about what is happening. The reason we haven't been able to offer a solution is is that the issue is only occurring on a handful of systems (out of tens of thousands of systems it is installed on). That hasn't stopped us from looking into this extensively, but the problem is we have not been able to replicate the problem despite testing it on a variety of systems or create a test that can identify/replicate the problem. It seems that it must be occurring due to a change of some kind made on the particular systems that are having the problem, whether that's due to a recent update or some other change.
In the meantime, it seems that the drag and drop process will work for adding content to your page. Though I understand that this isn't ideal, it is a workaround for now.
If you notice anything else in your workflow that might be helpful to tracking down what is going on, please let us know!