Double Page Layout
Had fun making this page today. I rarely do double pages but I should do it more often as they really look awesome when you print into to a book and you open the new page and are presented with the double matching page rather than mismatched pages that finish in the center of the page.
Photo is Caitlyn at the Queens Gardens in Nelson, New Zealand. The ducks there are always a favourite of ours and also where we have released a number of wild ducklings when they have gotten a little too big for our own yard.
Made with my newest kit in store: By Frog Pond by Carena's Designs.
That looks awesome Carena
how do you do this again I can't remember fonzzy fantastic pages Carena
Fonzzy If you are asking about the double page - When you start your first page - you need to go into the page setup and use Customize and change width to double. EG> I work with a normal 12 inch page - I adjust to 24 inch wide.
So when I go custom instead of 12x12 I choose 24x12?
then how or what do you do when you export and want to use in a book? I quess it depends on whether the printing company lets you spread it over 2 pages? Need some more help please.
HMmmmm scratching my head now Wendy. How you would do this in SBM software.????
I mostly scrap in Photoshop and I make the double page - yes 24 x 12 inch, but after I flatten the image to a jpeg I cut it 12 x 12 off the left side and then again on the right side - so it converts back to a 12inch page. If you don't do it this way - then anything overlapping the center wouldn't line up correctly in the book.
HMMmm will have to go crank up the old dinosaur PC and see what I can come up with in SBM software. (LOL sorry I'm an Apple girl). Nearly time to pick up Caitlyn from school - so I might be a while. In the mean time someone else might have an answer. Back later.
OK I'm back. Not sure if this is the best way but it's a way I've worked out.
1. make your entire page 24 x 12 inches and complete entire layout
2. now click and drag to cover the entire layout and right click and click to GROUP the entire page.
3. now make an addition page in the same project but this time the 2nd page needs to be 12 x 12.
4. now the 24 inch page - copy and then click the 2nd page 12x12 one and past your entire layout there. You will need to adjust how it sits to show only 1 half of your full layout.
5. Do the same again for the other side with another page 12 x 12. You can now save you entire layout as 2 separate 12 x 12 inch pages.
Now if someone else has a better way of doing it - then by all means, please do post it here. I don't use SBM on a daily base so there may well be a better way.
Hope this helps.
Thanks I will give it a try tomorrow. Will come back with a result. Thanks allot!
Hopefully what I've written makes sense. Can't wait to see what you come up with Wendy.