• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moonbeam
    • Mar 2006

Template: Victorian background & Frame

Hey Granny,
    I still can't work out how to upload a whole album to share... maybe we can't because of the size??? I did put them in the gallery.. so Instead of putting them all here to share if anyone wants a specific page plase post and tell me... because to get this one (below) here I had to copy it out of the album and re-do it in it's own album of 1 page only and up load it... Can anyone tell me if they have been able to upload just one page to share out of an existing album... I find it tries to export the whole album but then won't upload because it's so large...
    can I get some feedback too if you download this one... I just wonder if it is usable by others as it was a premade background & frame in one?
    Attached Files
  • srussell
    Digi Sage
    • Feb 2006

At the moment, there doesn't appear to be any direct way to export a single page of an album as a template...

I've been doing two things to keep the filesize down...

1. Make a copy of your original project ( "Save As") with a modified name ( "Victorian Frames - Page 1"), then delete the other pages in the new template...

2. Do what Granny is doing... Export the images and create a new template using one of the merged pages as the background.. Then add the photos and live text back in...

Is this any help?

The above template is definitely usable in a premade background because there are no elements overlaying the photo...
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• kode
      • Mar 2006

Moonbeam- beautiful page
      I was able to save it just fine. Thanks so much for sharing!!

Comment

• Moonbeam
        • Mar 2006

Thanks Steve,
        makes sense!!!
        It wasn't too much trouble to copy and do again I just select all - copy then open a new project and paste it in there... the only thing that I have to re-do is find the background again and put that in because it doesn't select and copy.

Comment

• srussell
          Digi Sage
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Moonbeam
          Thanks Steve,
          makes sense!!!
          It wasn't too much trouble to copy and do again I just select all - copy then open a new project and paste it in there... the only thing that I have to re-do is find the background again and put that in because it doesn't select and copy.
          Ahh! Progress!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

This is really lovely, Moonbeam. I just love your stuff. Sorry I could not help with the size of the projects, but Steve has the best advise. I thought you just wanted to show the pages in the gallery. Scrapbooking is just image intensive, hard to keep the sizes down. I'm able to share mine, because I load them to my server and link directly to that.

And I can see why Max! has to put a limit on the size of the projects. Otherwise, the bandwidth would eat them alive.

Granny
            sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• srussell
              Digi Sage
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Granny
              This is really lovely, Moonbeam. I just love your stuff. Sorry I could not help with the size of the projects, but Steve has the best advise. I thought you just wanted to show the pages in the gallery. Scrapbooking is just image intensive, hard to keep the sizes down. I'm able to share mine, because I load them to my server and link directly to that.

And I can see why Max! has to put a limit on the size of the projects. Otherwise, the bandwidth would eat them alive.

Granny
              Yes, Moonbeam does have some great stuff...

Granny has the right idea by linking to another site to download... I've got so many freebies and stuff available that it's easier to control my own pages, hence the recent revamp...

Anyone else have any suggestions to optimize their templates?
              sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Ok, I have a question. Sorry if this was discussed somewhere else, but....

Are you including the photos in the template you want to share? I would imagine that if you want to share what your friends and family look like, etc, it's a great idea to publish the pages, then load them to the gallery. This way we can all see what you have done and your pictures.

But.... If you are sharing the template for others to use with their pictures, I don't suppose it's necessary to include your pictures, which would tremendously reduce the size of the template.

I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious here. My head is not very clear lately. My health is not the best, plus I take care of my aging parents, who are not doing so well lately, so it's hard for me to concentrate or focus on things. That's why I keep missing the obvious around here. So, please, bear with me.

Thank you all for your help.

Granny
                sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Jessica
                  • Feb 2006

Granny: yes, i also think it is best not to include pictures when we post them to share with others, but I think what happens is that the pictures appear in the thumbnails. I know when I export a template into sbm i created myself, in my template menu the pictures are seen, but as soon as I open it to create a new scrapbook, the pictures are not inside. I think that's what happens here. Unless you forget to click the 'remove pictures' option.

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

Ah, Jessica, thank you so much for clarifying that... Clear as mud! No, not your answer, my head!

Granny (getting old is not for the fainthearted!)
                    sigpic

Comment

• Jessica
                      • Feb 2006

hey, lots of people my age are not capable of writing in a forum... so you're not so bad !!

Comment

• Moonbeam
                        • Mar 2006

I Never thought of removing the photo's first..Derr!
                        As for bandwidth - the only band width I comprehend is that on my waistband

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Thanks, Jessica, you're a sweetheart!!!

Moonbeam... Well there you go, maybe that will bring the size down.

About the band width... You kill me girl! You're so funny.... And insightfull. Funny, I have the same story to tell. And to think that way back when, I was 110 pounds, soaking wet! Not that they had scales back then. I don't use a scale now either. I just tie myself to a rope, tie it to a long line of elephants, and have them pull. The amount of elephants needed to lift me tells me how much I weight!

Now, I ain't saying that applies to you, mind you. I don't want you pulling the wrong end of that rope!

Granny
                          sigpic

Comment

• Charlorne
                            • Apr 2006

Thank you Moonbeam

I love your work.

Granny, I can always count on you to give me a chuckle
                            Charleen

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Granny
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X