• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoJo
    • Mar 2006

In trouble again

If anyone can help would be most grateful,
    i have found this fantastic site for all sorts of different fonts, but when i download them they come in the form of a picture, that i don't know how to use
    the site is www.dafont.com section:fancy / decorative / alpha clouds, i was hoping to use this as a fillable font.
    JoJo
  • Corey
    Layout Whiz
    • Jan 2006

Hi Jojo. Just make sure you're clicking on the box on the right which says, "Download PC / MAC OSX" and you'll get a zip file to download. Unzip that file. Inside it are .ttf file(s), simply cut and paste those into your C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Amythyst
      • Mar 2006

Not sure what happened

Jojo,
      I am currently at the dafont site and when I clicked on that particular font... it came across as a *.ttf file in a zip format.
      Hugs,
      Amythyst

Comment

• Corey
        Layout Whiz
        • Jan 2006

Just FYI .ttf stands for "True Type Font".
        Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Desmond
          Resident Geek
          • Jan 2006

And on a window's system (DEFINITELY on windows XP), all you have to do is copy the .ttf file to your fonts directory. To do that:

1. Click Start > Run
          2. Type %windir%\Fonts
          3. Click OK

That takes you to the fonts directory. Then, just copy/paste the font file in there. That's it!

Desmond.
          |

Comment

• JoJo
            • Mar 2006

Thanks everyone, feel like a real dummie took me a few goes to get it but i got there in the end, that's what matters i guess, & after all that it's not what i'm after, i want something like a shape so that i can fill it with the gingham fabric.
            Anyway i will keep looking, thanks again to all.
            JoJo

Comment

• Desmond
              Resident Geek
              • Jan 2006

No problemo, good luck!
              |

Comment

• JoJo
                • Mar 2006

Thanks Desmond, not really having much luck at the moment, this might be a silly Question but can you copy these fonts to the shapes section of scrapmax?
                JoJo

Comment

• Corey
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Jan 2006

i got there in the end, that's what matters
                  Amen.

You can't copy fonts directly to Scrapbook MAX! as shapes, however if you have a program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro it's easy to create your own shapes. Just start with a pure black image and then add your font character in white. Export that as a PNG and put it in your shapes folder. Voila!

Comment

• JoJo
                    • Mar 2006

Thanks Corey, will give it a go.
                    JoJo

Comment

• Corey
                      Layout Whiz
                      • Jan 2006

Here's a quick example to get you started. A stylized "Q" created in Photoshop...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• JoJo
                        • Mar 2006

Corey, could you please walk me thru this as i have been trying soooooooooo hard but i can't work out how to do it, also can that be done with any of the type fonts & can we get rid of the black background, would really appreciate your help if you have time.
                        JoJo.

Comment

• Corey
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Jan 2006

I might be misunderstanding what you're trying to do. In this case the image was intended to be used as a "photo shape". Photo shapes don't actually show up in the project, they just act as a mask for a photo, i.e. the white areas are where the applied photo will show and the black areas are where it won't show. But you can definitely make shapes/images out of any font and I can definitely help you figure out whatever you want. How about this, I'll tell you how I did this and then you can follow up with any questions you have and eventually we'll zero in on what you need. So for this...

1. I opened Photoshop and created a new document with a black background.

2. I typed in a letter "Q" in white on top of the black, and sized it up so that it matched the size of my project canvas.

3. I went to FILE > SAVE FOR WEB and selected "PNG24" as the format with the "transparency" option unchecked.

4. I uploaded it to the forum.

So that's how this particular image was created. Again, I think I might have misunderstood what you're trying to do though...

Comment

• JoJo
                            • Mar 2006

You are such a legend Corey, I did it, that was exactly what i wanted, i was almost there, but i was trying to use the magic extractor to edit the black back ground, da.
                            Thanks again
                            JoJo.

Comment

• Corey
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Jan 2006

Glad to hear you nailed it. Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
                              X