• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smile
    Digi Sage
    • Nov 2006

Fishing with Angel's

I think that most of you are aware that my passion and hobby is fishing. I just thought you might like to know of my one day hiking adventure. I set out early in the morning for a beautiful rock and cliff area that I wanted to fish. It was an hour's hike and I was carring at least 50lbs of stuff in my back pack...........things like toilet paper ,food, water, book, radio....heck I am female.....I even had a change of clothes just in case someone special showed up.... and off course my rod and reel and bait. I was ready.........let the big fish come and get me. You see when you fish the ocean tides you half to be prepared to stay at least six hours, half of which the tide is in and around you and you can't get back until it turns to go out. It was a hot, hot day but so beautiful out on the rocks all by myself. So quiet until I heard a big splash.....I turned to my right and swimming around was a deer. What a sight........and off course I had no camera with me....I guess I thought the toilet paper was more important.....go figure. He swam quite aways until he was on land again. So off I go again concentrating on my fishing when I see this big black thing out a ways in the ocean. I was thinking "moby dick" how will I ever get that in my back pack. It turned out that it was a whale and I got to watch him come to the surface and blow out water. What a sight.........I love this world and nature of ours. I still had one project left to do on this adventure. I had gotton a plastic bottle and wrote a note and placed six small, flat, puter Angel's in it. In the letter I dated and put my address and asked to who ever found it to take out one angel, make a wish and send the bottle back out to sea. Well today when I went to the mail there was a note: Dear Lois: My husband David found your bottle while bass fishing. He brought it home and our six year old grandaughter kept an angel as you asked and made her wish. Then her and her grandpa put the bottle back out to sea. She was one very excited little girl.
    So my dear friends I just had to share this with you today and I can't wait to see just how far my little Angel's get delivering there wishes...........xoxoxo
    sigpic....
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

Wow, that is so neat!!! If I were near the ocean I would go stand on the beach and wait for your bottle to float near me!

Comment

• knzus
      Digi Sage
      • Jan 2007

What a pick-me-up! So beautiful! That's so sweet!

I can just see all of us stampeding to the coasts to wait for Lois' bottle......

....waiting....

Oh! what's that bobbing around out there...oh, it's just the dirty dishes in my sink...

...and waiting...........

Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• Smile
        Digi Sage
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by knzus View Post
        What a pick-me-up! So beautiful! That's so sweet!

I can just see all of us stampeding to the coasts to wait for Lois' bottle......

....waiting....

Oh! what's that bobbing around out there...oh, it's just the dirty dishes in my sink...

...and waiting...........

Love it Knzus................xoxoxo
        sigpic....

Comment

• scrappyaggie48
          Layout Whiz
          • Sep 2007

Do you think it will make its way to Aussieland?? That is just beautiful Lois. luv ya xoxo
          My Buddies are: Angelwithin, O2BNGdhope, Moonlight Pearl, Marion, , pkdoll, Smile, Eye, Oceania

Comment

• wolvsie35
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2007

Just beautiful Smile...((HUGS)) Glad to see you posting again...
            I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• *eng*
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2006

That is just incredible, what a wonderful story. That little girl will treasure that memory and tell her grandchildren. I always hoped I'd find a message in a bottle but of course never did. To get a reply is brilliant. It must have been a feeling like you get at Christmas to that little one. Thrilling for you too Smile. The rest of your story is magic too.
              I always used to cry a disposable camera but now my mobile is always with me, although fishing is not a place you'd want a phone!
              Keep posting, love your tales xxx
              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• sacannon
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Aug 2006

How cool! Maybe it will come down the St Lawrence Sea Way to Lake Erie (all the way across to Toledo and find me???? But of course I would have to be waiting by the water??? It is one block from me, but I don't go down there too often. I would actually have to go a block over, because there is not an access at the end of my street.

I love watching the whales too! That is awesome you got to see one while fishing...and the deer swimming, how wonderful!
                [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Granny
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Mar 2006

Hey, that wasn't a whale out there... It was me trying to get your attention to tell you you were such a nerd not to have your camera with you!!!!!

Thanks for sharing this adventure!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
                  X