• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbinkey
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2006

Were To Go To Print Out Pages??

I got a Question.
    Where can you go to get your Scrapbook pages printed out??
    My printer doesn't print out 12X12 or 8X8 Size.
    The biggest size is 11 1/2 by 8 1/2.

Binkey
  • Jezza
    • Feb 2006

Do you have a an option on your printer that you can set it to a custom page to print and then type in the dimensions of the page) Both of my printers have a custom setting and are able to print out 8x8" sizes on mine.

Can't do 12x12" but am not that worried (As I've read that12x12" can sometimes turn out to look a lot different then on the monitor because you choose a HUGE font size to make it look in proportion, and when it prints out, it's well, HUGE!)

Comment

• DianeScraps
      • Mar 2006

If I want to print at home I print the 8x8 size on the 8 1/2 x 11 paper

I have also printed at staples and ordered online through winkflash
      (both 8x8)

Comment

• PatH
        • May 2006

web sits to print pages

I've found 2 online websites that you can upload your finished templates to and have them print 12x12 pages: sbtoshare.com and shinynickels.com

I just received sample pages from sbtoshare. They're very good. The photo on the page isn't as good of quality as an actual photo, but overall the page quality is very good. I haven't tried shinynickels. Both sites seem to be comparably priced.

Comment

• OnieRN
          Scrap Guru
          • May 2006

11 x 8.5 here

I have designed ALL my pages 11 1/2 x 8 size (landscape) and I am printing them out at home. I am so pleased with the finished product and I am able to put them into nice 8.5 x 11 albums. It is also very cost effective, as it is costing me approx, 65 cents a page (paper & Ink).
          sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
          !

nie

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

To be printed.

I had about 35 12x12 pages printed by sbtoshare and they turned out very nice on the glossy cardstock. I was happy with the quality, they came very fast and were reasonably prices considering what it would cost to buy embellishment and paper products or to print digital layouts at home.
            Quality wise, when you put them in a plastic sheet protector you can't even see the difference.

Marion

Comment

• lilbinkey
              Layout Whiz
              • Apr 2006

Thanks you guys for all of your help.. I really appriciate it..
              Binkey

Comment

• juliehclark
                Challenge Host
                • Jun 2006

glad i found this thread! I was going to ask the same thing!

I made a layout for my sister to give to her husband for fathers day and uploaded it to walgreens (8 by 10) and when she went to pick it up one of the pictures looked significantly different (darker) than it did on our monitors.

ANy of you had any experience with this?

My fear is that I would pay to print them them and then they would not look right? Has that happened to y'all>

And - Do most of you just do the 8*10 sizes and put them in regular sized books? Or do you do the 8*8 and trim them?

Thanks!
                Julie

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• lilbinkey
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by juliehclark
                  glad i found this thread! I was going to ask the same thing!

I made a layout for my sister to give to her husband for fathers day and uploaded it to walgreens (8 by 10) and when she went to pick it up one of the pictures looked significantly different (darker) than it did on our monitors.

ANy of you had any experience with this?

My fear is that I would pay to print them them and then they would not look right? Has that happened to y'all>

And - Do most of you just do the 8*10 sizes and put them in regular sized books? Or do you do the 8*8 and trim them?

Thanks!
                  Julie
                  I have been trying to print out 12X12 for my daughters Softball Scrapbook. and the pages in the book that I bought are 12x12.
                  Binkey

Comment

• lilbinkey
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by lilbinkey
                    I have been trying to print out 12X12 for my daughters Softball Scrapbook. and the pages in the book that I bought are 12x12.
                    Binkey
                    Kinko's printed them out 11x11 and they turned out Awful!!!
                    They looked blurred & really graney. I had the Resoultion set at 1200 but they said that the dots were 0.5. I didn't unerstand that at all.. How do I get the dots higher???

Comment

• Ellenb
                      • Mar 2006

8 x 8

I did like a 90+ page scrapbook for my twins' 18th birthday. The whole thing is a scrapbook in Scrapbook Max, but I admit to using my Fotofusion program to make a lot of the pages (the collage format, ease of borders, etc.) which I then saved as .jpg and brought into SM. Sometimes using it slightly smaller making a colored border around the original, sometimes sizing it to the whole 12 x 12 size format. I did this to make a cd format of it.
                      However, I decided to print some of it to an 8 x 8 album. Picasa will resize it to print it out on an 8 1/2 by 11. (I always have tons of glossy photo paper from Sam's or Costco on hand, even paper scrapping I print out titles, etc.) However, I did find sometimes Picasa didn't print it out exactly 8 x 8. If you have any program that has an 8 x 8 format, you should easily be able to print out your 12 x 12's on your regular printer. I think I used Corel Paint Shop Pro X that I bought recently because of a great rebate even though I don't know how to use it to make pages, I can get the hang of pictures and printing easily.
                      I had also sent for samples from SBTOSHARE and intend to use their service one day soon. Currently working on a scrapbook of my first child who passed away at the age of 2. Maybe for that one.
                      Ellen

Comment

• OnieRN
                        Scrap Guru
                        • May 2006

Hello Ellen

I too am preparing to do a scrapbook for my firstborn, who passed away at age 6. He's been gone 26 years now and I have only old pics that have discolored over the years. I had many items lost when we had a flood in the house. Please keep us informed as you create your book. I will be looking for ideas.

BTW, I've been printing on 11x 8 1/2 size and love it!
                        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                        !

nie

Comment

• Ellenb
                          • Mar 2006

Album

Hi Onie,
                          Sorry we belong to the same club of having lost children. Sorry also to hear you've lost pictures to a flood and fading. Have you tried any color/picture restoration software? I'd be absolutely devastated to lose any pictures of my Sarah or any of them really! I scanned A LOT of pictures from Alyssa and Matthew's years before I went digital which was most of them, but this round I concentrated on pictures with them in them rather than other pictures even if they were from the same time. I put them in a My Pictures file titled by their name/ then the years. I've already backed them up to cd once. Will again soon as I scan in Sarah's pictures. My other hobby is genealogy so have also scanned as many older pictures as I have and intend to also do something with them. The scrapping should never end. I will print something out on letter size it's just that I am used to the 12 x 12 format.
                          Ellen

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
                            Your Host, Gracie!
                            • Jan 2006

It's here! You can now order professional prints directly through Scrapbook MAX!. Whether you want 8x8 or 12x12 or anything in between, the quality is first class. Rather than being "printed", they are "developed" by one of the best professional photo labs in the world.

Here's a link to all the information!

Let us know what you think!
                            Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

• luv2scrap33
                              • Jan 2008

Great Online Printing

I found a place online to print: www.pureprintdesigns.com
                              I've tried many others and like them the best. Their quality is super great. My pictures looks just like they do on the screen. They are super fast and only charge $2.25 per page.

Comment

Working...
                              X