• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vanessa
    Digi Sage
    • Apr 2008

My Family of Pets

As a person, I feel rather blessed. Apart from my menagerie of children, three of mine, two of his, and my four grandchildren I have a family of pets. These include:-

My husband, Steve. I always call him "My pet" so I have included him here.

3 cats, Max a black siamese cross who hates my dog with a vengence, Fusspot, a temperamental stray tabby that my other cats brought home for dinner and who was made so welcome that he never left again and Gizmo a long haired black and white cat whose only interests are sleeping and eating.

I also have an african grey parrot called Zack who is an incredible mimic and leads the cats and dog a merry dance. He copies Steve and has his voice down to a tee, but he is a one woman bird and only I can handle him.

I also have a blue roan cocker spaniel called Dylan. He is about 6 months old, very boisterous and never gives the cats a moment's peace, hence the reason why Max hates him, Fusspot smacks him and Gizmo, well he is such a sook, he just runs away.

Dylan has just discovered he is supposed to be a gun dog and yesterday, came trotting into the house with someone's racing pigeon in his mouth. I assume he caught it himself, because I struggled to get him to open his mouth so I could take the poor wee dead thing away. He was sort of gritting his teeth the way Grommitt does and you could almost hear him say. "I caught it, it's mine, now go away and let me pluck these feathers in peace".

Speaking of feathers, you should have seen my back garden. I think he had been out there with the pigeon for a while because it looked like someone had had a pillow fight out there and burst the pillow. Feathers ere everywhere. Then he had brought it inside and gone behind the sofa where he hides all his trophies and toys and plucked some more.

What a clean up operation.

Just thought I would share this with you all. Bring a smile to your day.
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Vanessa, darling, you need to move in at Scrapsville, open a business, and put this story there. Fits to a tee!!!!!

Sounds a lot like my place. Five dogs (two mine, one mom's, two brother's) a cat and my husband!!!!

God help me!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Vanessa
      Digi Sage
      • Apr 2008

I think it's got to be something to do with ageing. As us women get older we start to collect all sorts of objects, mainly kids, grandkids, husbands and if they don't fit the bill, 2nd husbands, animals, dust, cobwebs. And then all of a sudden we are sitting on the porch saying, "When I was young ........"

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Vanessa you'll fit in perfectly
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Vanessa
          Digi Sage
          • Apr 2008

OK, so go on What is Scrapsville, apart from loads of people who appear to be just a "Yampy" as me.

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

Well, it started out as "Days of our Scraps", our official soap opera. Don't even try to read throught it, it's hundreds of pages long.

The sequel, "Scrapsville", has started recently. Go check it out. Is in this same forum.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Pink Lollipop
              Layout Whiz
              • Feb 2008

Wow you gals sure have a 'mini' zoo at home.. still feel sorry for that poor 'pigeon' ... though I know is not Dylan's fault.
              sigpic

My Buddies are: autisticwonder, moonlightpearl, angelwithin, fourfoxes, Granny, O2BNGdHope, Vanessa, twpclerk, Tiffanys Scraps, EclecticDiva,LindaPete, Granny and grannywin..

Comment

• Smile
                Digi Sage
                • Nov 2006

Vanessa I loved reading your story about your extended family. Just the thing to give me todays smile. Thank you and now I want to see these pets in a picture. Do you think they will pose together.....
                Attached Files
                sigpic....

Comment

• Vanessa
                  Digi Sage
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Smile View Post
                  Vanessa I loved reading your story about your extended family. Just the thing to give me todays smile. Thank you and now I want to see these pets in a picture. Do you think they will pose together.....
                  I doubt that very much. I think the only way to do that would be to manipulate the photos into one. Would also have to take some nice pics too. Glad I made you smile.

Comment

• MaggieMae
                    Digi Sage
                    • May 2006

I really enjoyed your "pet" story!! We have two dogs which you will see in the gallery all the time!! LOL So glad to have you here!
                    Julie

Comment

• BethK
                      • Jan 2007

Hi Vanessa~

I tell everyone I have five cats ....

My most recent is Seiko who I rescued last fall.

Comment

• O2BNGdHope
                        Digi Sage
                        • Nov 2007

Thanks, Vanessa! Wonderful story! Even though I've been trying to get rid of all the pets at my house for years, they just keep showing up. I've never bought a cat, not being a cat person. But I've had 4. They know I don't like cats and they won't leave me alone. Why just today, one of the strays ( I've got 2 right now) wanted to eat and they dont get along so I let the 2nd one in the house so the first one could finish eating without a fight. Well, darn if that cat didn't keep following me around, in and out of my legs trying to trip me. My daughter kept trying to call it to come to her but it just kept wrapping itself around my ankles. I know it was trying to make me fall. Darn things know I'm a dog person.
                        Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

• pkdoll
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Dec 2006

Vanessa that was a very cute story. Sure did make me smile trying to imagine all that was going on. And the feathers everywhere-that is a HOOT!

Melanie you need to be careful around your newly found best friend, because they do tend to wrap themselves around your feet. I sure wouldn't want to see you get hurt. My daughter is a real animal lover with cats being her favorite!! They sure do like to spread the love.

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• Vanessa
                            Digi Sage
                            • Apr 2008

My god Beth I thought I was the only cat collector but all your pussies are just adorable. My mum always used to tell me that I had a heart too full of love, but she also threatened me that if I brought one more stray home I would be on the street with all 9 cats. I could never resist a sob story.

Definitely, got to be careful around those pussies Mel, we don't want to read about your broken ankle and cracked open head.
                            Last edited by Vanessa; 04-20-2008, 01:08 AM.

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Beck..... Your orange Tabby looks sactly like my Tigger!!!

He's my pride and joy, all 16 pounds of him!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X